You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
1. Favourite sections of the AG forums?
2. Most useful website you use?
3. Strangest thing in your internet bookmarks?
1. I guess Chit Chat.
2. Probably Wikipedia.
3. Graffiti from Pompeii.

1. Do you have a song you like to listen to when you have a crush on someone?
2. What movie would you currently like to rewatch?
3. Favorite first date idea?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #942
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe View Post
1. Do you have a song you like to listen to when you have a crush on someone?
2. What movie would you currently like to rewatch?
3. Favorite first date idea?

1. That's so....corny.

2. Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo.

3. The Metropolitan Museum - art, art, art, cocktails, and an early dinner. (but only if I lived in New York City)

1. Which meat or vegetable do you find yourself ordering most often when dining out?
2. Which style of music did you usually listen to when you were 13, and which style do you listen to now?
3. What was the most memorable road/train/bus/plane trip you've taken thus far? (not the destination but the journey itself)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #943
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. I like to vary things. Probably a tie between chicken and shrimp, though.
2. When I was 13, I listened to 90's rock and pop... basically stuff that was on the radio at the time. (Oh, the days when I actually used to listen to the radio!) Now, I listen to an amalgamation of jazz, funk, disco, motown, dance, techno, bad 80's songs, video game soundtracks... and 90's rock and pop.
3. Road tripping with AG staff members to E3 last May was pretty memorable.

1. What was the first CD you ever bought?
2. What was the last CD you ever bought?
3. Do you still listen to CDs at all, or have they become obsolete for you?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #944
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Quote:
1. Which meat or vegetable do you find yourself ordering most often when dining out?
2. Which style of music did you usually listen to when you were 13, and which style do you listen to now?
3. What was the most memorable road/train/bus/plane trip you've taken thus far? (not the destination but the journey itself)

2. Mostly classical and American folk music (Appalachian, Bluegrass, Cajun etc)- I was raised on it. As for other stuff, I started getting into Nick Cave, the Cure, Depeche Mode etc...now I listen to Classical (of course), old swing and jazz, cheesy New Age stuff, Appalachian and Cajun, world music, Chinese folk and classical. I really hate Top 40 stuff (like Britney Spears - I always have.)

3.That would be the road trip I took from Alaska to Louisiana- just myself and my dog, Findlay. It took a couple of weeks and we stopped at all kinds of cheesy motels and roadside attractions....we lost the muffler somewhere in B.C... drove through the Rockies and saw mountain goats...stopped at Wall Drug in SD....drove down through the heartlands...listened to the Art Bell show on crackly AM radio going through Nebraska around midnight while searching for a cheap bed...sampled all kinds of local cuisines and diner hash along the way...Findlay loved it too. He peed on bushes all the way down, so you might say he owns a lot of real estate in North America.

1. What's the next (or first!) foreign country you'd like to visit and why?
2. Margarine or Butter?
3. Is there any particular musical instrument you just hate? (mine is the pan flute- it make me feel like I need to go pee every time I hear one)
Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 AM   #945
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What was the first CD you ever bought?
2. What was the last CD you ever bought?
3. Do you still listen to CDs at all, or have they become obsolete for you?
1. I don't know, but I think Bobby McFerrin/Yo-Yo Ma - Hush was one of the first. It's also a favourite.
2. Works for timpani and orchestra by Georg Druschetzky. I thought timpani concertos by a 18th century composer sounded interesting. It's not bad, either.
3. I do. Almost always when I'm in my car, but almost half the time I listen to music at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
1. What's the next (or first!) foreign country you'd like to visit and why?
2. Margarine or Butter?
3. Is there any particular musical instrument you just hate? (mine is the pan flute- it make me feel like I need to go pee every time I hear one)
1. Austria would be nice. I'd like to visit Vienna. Or New Zealand for the nature. Or... There are many places I haven't been that could be nice to visit. Or re-visit Iceland or Norway...
2. Oil. (Or butter. Margarine has more unnatural things added in order for it to be lower on fat. And butter tastes better in cookies and stuff.)
3. No. But if someone puts on a "Greatest Hymns on the Panpipe" or similar CD, I'm likely to feel the same way you do.

---

1. What's your favourite kind of "bad" weather? (And why.)
2. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
3. Hot or cold weather?

Last edited by Trumgottist; 02-02-2007 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:10 AM   #946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
1. What's your favourite kind of "bad" weather? (And why.)
2. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
3. Hot or cold weather?
1. Rainy weather. Not cats and dogs type of rain but mild rain. I used to love jumping in and out of puddles created by rain when I was a kid. There's a good reason why Singing in the Rain still remains one of my favorite movie musicals.

2. A ney, a ney a thousand time and more. Even though rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, I'm neither lovely nor temperate.

3. Hot weather. Coldness have a mercilless, mindless aspect that I dislike.

1. I need to order lunch soon. I feel like pasta today and am leaning towards one of these two:

Ravioli di Portobello

or

Manicotti Formaggio

Which one should I go with. And I know they have a ton of calories. I'm starting my diet tomorrow, I swear.

2. Have you ever read a manga series called Nana, created by Ai Yazawa? It's a shojo manga, which means its main audience is young women. There have been 14 books in the series so far and it has become my new obsession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_%28manga%29

3. Am I the only one who think Lost lost a lot of its appeal this season? The current season restarts in 5 days but I'm not looking forward to the new episode as much as I used to.

- Akane, Ranma and Juliet
Old 02-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #947
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. i really couldnt tell, sorry.
2. no. i don't read much manga
3. i'm quite looking forward to it's return, though i think the answers are seeming to be a lot more mundane than the questions.

1. What age can you possibly fall in love?
2. How can you tell if you have?
3. Is there a reccurring theme in these three questions, I wonder?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #948
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammsie View Post
1. What age can you possibly fall in love?
2. How can you tell if you have?
3. Is there a reccurring theme in these three questions, I wonder?
1. Age does not dictate what the heart chooses to do. There are many different ages for the heart, just as there are many different kinds of love.

2. You smile a little more than usual, you feel a rush a little more than usual, you feel alive a lot more than usual.

3. I think you've already answered that in your head, and possibly in your heart.

1. Would you consider yourself a victim or survivor?
2. Do you actively pursue friendship or do you allow it to happen when it happens?
3. When you visit a place for the first time do you look at a map and decide where to go, or do you want to shop at the stores first?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #949
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
2. Do you actively pursue friendship or do you allow it to happen when it happens?
3. When you visit a place for the first time do you look at a map and decide where to go, or do you want to shop at the stores first?
1. I think I'm a survivor. Right now for instance I'm getting back to work more, having recently increased my working hours to 50% of full time.
2. Right now I have a couple of close friends that I care much about and I'm not very much open for new friendships at the moment. I just don't have the energy to make new friends in real life.
3. The first thing I do is try to find some place to eat or have a cup of coffee.

Questions come later unless beaten.

---------

1. Describe your ideal breakfast. What would you have? Where would you be? Who would you have next to you?
2. Does candle light mean anything special to you?
3. How do you prepare for a cosy evening at home?

Hey Trumgottist it didn't work anyway. Beaten by Bulldog again!

Last edited by Jelena; 02-02-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #950
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

1. Survivor
2. I just let it happen. If you don’t like me for who I am then I don’t want you as a friend.
3. Shop the stores first. B/c that will take you to all kinds of places.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 02-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #951
capsized.

1. I even like them separately. Do you? Ooops.
2. This might sound a little weird, so.. while I'd like the beach (which beach anyway?), I'd still prefer a hut in a snowy wood.
3. Height:1.76m Hair: dark blonde/brown Eyes: brown Personality(!!!!1):as shy as as a weasel and crazy like a fox. Favourite record: Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie yaddyadda.. Favourite food: Wiener Schnitzel. Favourite game: Thief - The Dark Project, favourite AGers member: Why you, my dearest reader of course! ICQ Number: PM me.

1. Who are the, mh, lemme see, two, no make that three AGers members you'd take with you on a trip to an island in the sun?
2. Assuming you'd want to kill adventure games once and for all, how would you do it?
3. What time is it now?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #952

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. Do you like Macaroni and Cheese?
2. Do you like the beach?
3. Describe yourself ( height, eye color, personality, ect)
1. Not really. Even one's prepared in a fancy way like the one below taste too bland to me. I prefer my pasta served with tomatoe-based sauce. Nothing beats pasta served with good marinara and a piece of hot garlic bread.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._18422,00.html

2. Yes. who doesn't. I prefer mountains over beach though.

3. 6 feet (180 cm). Brown. I think the description of the dog from astorology.com fits me very well.

http://chinese.astrology.com/dog.html

[quote] Dogs are loyal, faithful and honest and always stick to their firm codes of ethics. However, this Sign has trouble trusting others. It's generally quite trustworthy itself -- except for the occasional "little white lies" the Dog tells in order to make things go more smoothly. {/quote]

1. Do you have a mortgage with tax-deductible interest? I just did my income taxes for 2006 and feel completely gouged. I still rent and do not have enough to itemize my deduction. My net tax rate for 2006 is almost 20%, which means 20 cents of every dollar I earned last year was paid out as tax. Taxcut, the software I used to prepare my taxes, informs me that the average tax rate for people in my tax bracket is 9% mainly due to the fact that they get to take a deduction that's almost three times as big.

2. I'm drinking a Aquafina bottled water that I got out of a vending machine at work. I paid $1.35 for it! Why do we let beverage companies gouge us? I bet it cost them less than 10 cents to produce the bottle.

3. Who will win the Super Bowl? The Colts or the Bears?

- Akane, Ranma and Juliet
Old 02-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #953
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
1. I even like them separately. Do you? Ooops.
Oh yes, no problems there. I like pasta and cheese just about anyway you can make it.
Quote:
I'd still prefer a hut in a snowy wood.
That sounds more romantic then relaxing.

Quote:
as shy as as a weasel and crazy like a fox. Favourite food: Wiener Schnitzel. Favourite game: Thief - The Dark Project, favourite AGers member: Why you, my dearest reader of course! ICQ Number: PM me.
Crazy as a fox you say, Teehee. What is a Wiener schnitzel? And what's in it? I tried to look it up but it was in another language.

Quote:
1. Who are the, mh, lemme see, two, no make that three AGers members you'd take with you on a trip to an island in the sun?
2. Assuming you'd want to kill adventure games once and for all, how would you do it?
3. What time is it now?

1. Three people that is hard…….. I don’t know I like a lot of the people here. I can’t pick just three.
2. That is a slippery slope; I don’t think I could kill any one person. All though I have been pretty mad at a couple.
3. It is 2pm
________
1. What time is it where you are?
2. Are you a romantic?
3. Do you like PDA (Public Display of Affection)?

Old 02-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #954
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. quarter past seven pm
2. i'm not sure, if anyone wants to prove or disprove, feel free.
3. i would if i could.

1. best thing that happened today?
2. is it getting harder to think up questions?
3. answer any other previously asked question!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #955
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Hey Trumgottist it didn't work anyway. Beaten by Bulldog again!
Well, I'd say Bulldog was beaten by you - your post is earlier - but since the next two posters answered only her questions and not yours, I guess we'll just have to accept that this thread is an anarchy. There's no way to structure it, and we'll just have to try and look up-thread when posting answers and see if there are any that have gone unanswered. If so, we can answer them too.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #956
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
1. Best thing that happened today?
2. Is it getting harder to think up questions?
1. Not really sure the day is not over yet.
2. Yes
3.….. I don’t know.
_________
1. Ice cream cone or on a stick?
2. VHS or DVD
3. Butter popcorn or plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist
I guess we'll just have to accept that this thread is an anarchy.
What I can’t help that you and Jelena are poky teehee

Old 02-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #957
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammsie View Post
1. best thing that happened today?
2. is it getting harder to think up questions?
1. A few things, but let me mention that one of them is your stuffed toy avatar which made me smile for a moment.

2. The the number of questions we ask are as infinite as we are in our individualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsie
I'd innovate them to death, to the point where their fans disgustedly give up and go back to playing solitaire or reading Dean Koontz novels.

1. Do you think you'd make a good diplomat, and why or why not?
2. Would you make a good humanitarian, and why or why not?
3. Which cause would you raise millions for if you had the opportunity?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #958
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Tyin' up the loose ends here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. Describe your ideal breakfast. What would you have? Where would you be? Who would you have next to you?
2. Does candle light mean anything special to you?
3. How do you prepare for a cosy evening at home?
1. Cold pizza, at home, all by myself. Oh man, this makes me sound like such a sociopath.
2. You mean, like, more than just "Ooh! Fire! Pretty!"? Nah, not really.
3. I don't really. Sometimes I'll put on my most comfortable (and according to some sources, ugliest) sweatpants, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane_t View Post
1. Do you have a mortgage with tax-deductible interest? I just did my income taxes for 2006 and feel completely gouged. I still rent and do not have enough to itemize my deduction. My net tax rate for 2006 is almost 20%, which means 20 cents of every dollar I earned last year was paid out as tax. Taxcut, the software I used to prepare my taxes, informs me that the average tax rate for people in my tax bracket is 9% mainly due to the fact that they get to take a deduction that's almost three times as big.

2. I'm drinking a Aquafina bottled water that I got out of a vending machine at work. I paid $1.35 for it! Why do we let beverage companies gouge us? I bet it cost them less than 10 cents to produce the bottle.

3. Who will win the Super Bowl? The Colts or the Bears?
1. Yeah, my head hurts too.
2. Why do we let anything gouge us? Just put some water in a Nalgene bottle and take it with you to work. Or better yet, request a water cooler.
3. My pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. Ice cream cone or on a stick?
2. VHS or DVD
3. Butter popcorn or plain
1. I usually prefer my ice cream in a cup-like container of some sort. Cones can be nice too, when I'm in the mood for them. Sticks get too messy.
2. DVD. After all, if I ever feel like indulging in VHS-induced nostalgia, I could always purchase one of these.
3. Kettle corn for the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
1. Do you think you'd make a good diplomat, and why or why not?
2. Would you make a good humanitarian, and why or why not?
3. Which cause would you raise millions for if you had the opportunity?
1. Not really. I'm not all that much of a people person.
2. Again, probably not, for the same reason stated above. I do care about making the world a better place, though.
3. Well, when it comes to the most important problems of the world (war, poverty, etc.), money on its own isn't going to do all that much. So I'm going to have to answer "independent game development".

1. Have you ever gotten yourself into a car accident? (If so, describe the accident.)
2. How old were you when you got your driver's licence?
3. Is there a limit to the number of friends a person can have at any given point in time?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #959
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Have you ever gotten yourself into a car accident? (If so, describe the accident.)
3. Is there a limit to the number of friends a person can have at any given point in time?
  1. Yes. I've been in a few, actually, but the most eventful was the time my new wife and I were driving down the coast on our honeymoon. We were going down the highway and decided to turn off (a left) at the next intersection to take a break. A semi tried to pass us in that intersection (didn't realize we were turning) and creamed us. Totalled car, wife in the hospital. It wasn't a very good first day of our honeymoon.
  2. At seventeen.
  3. I don't know.
____
Old 02-03-2007, 03:04 AM   #960
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
[*]Have you ever gotten yourself into a car accident? (If so, describe the accident.)[*]How old were you when you got your driver's licence?[*]Is there a limit to the number of friends a person can have at any given point in time?[/LIST]
1. No, but almost. I fell asleep driving once when I was 18. I crossed the road and ended up in the ditch on the other side having just missed an oncoming car. *shudders*
2. 18 I guess.
3. Probably not, but personally I can't keep too many and call them friends. I haven't got the time or the energy to keep the contact that requires for a good friendship. Acquaintances on the other hand I have plenty and always have had.

------

1. Captain Janeway or Jean Luc Picard?
2. Spock or mr Worf?
3. The Ferengi or The Klingon?