You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Costumer reviews (Amazon... or elsewhere)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
capsized.

Default Costumer reviews (Amazon... or elsewhere)

There's no way around it: You've got to love those. They're of high informational value, often funny, mostly eloquently written and ALWAYS spot on in so many ways you wouldn't believe it. If you stumble across anything noteworthy, be a good puppy and let us now!

Product: David Hasselhoff - The very best of David Hasselhoff
Source: Various reviews on Amazon

Quote:
Forget about "Dark Side of the Moon", "Revolver","Kind of Blue", "Master of Puppets" or "Blood, Sugar, Sex Magik"!

Nietzsche once said: God is dead! But he lives on in form of a Rock God named "The Hoff". This album is transcendental, a revelation and a life-changing experience, a sweet, rocking dream in Silver! The leather jacket lives, the world goes crazy!

Quote:
...one of the most inspirational collections of our lifetime.

Quote:
David Hassehoff may not be Richard Dean Anderson, Geraldo Rivera, not even Tony Danza, but he surely is the savior of the music industry, a man who truly dare to go where no other has gone.

Quote:
screw Elvis, The Hoff is da King! We dont even need a jesus anymore...we have DA HOFF. Cuz he's a singer, Gods gift to music. If you like music...and Im thinkin you do, then spin this platter, grab yourself a broad and view heaven.

and Im only 13 years old...but its like a really old 13.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Hmm. Costumer reviews. Does this have to do with Halloween?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #3
capsized.

AAA rrrrr ggggg hhhh.

Righty right, you got me there. I could come up with reasonable sounding excuses, though. I ...think.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

This brings to mind the excessively ancient case of Henry Raddick, star Amazon reviewer who crafted an entire complex backstory within his reviews. Good reading if you're bored!

Which you are. You ARE.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
capsized.

Sure AM. Why else would I start threads like this one?

Product: Complete Idiot's Guide to Songwriting* (book)
Source: Amazon review
Author: That Raddick dude

Quote:
I bought this excellent book after my therapist encouraged me to explore my creative side after my wife left me and I lost my job. I may be "quite frankly an insupportable liability to the business" and an "utterly lamentable" bedfellow, but thanks to Citron's tremendous guide I'm tapping a rich vein of material and banging out some fine blues numbers. Soon I plan on getting involved in a whisky-fuelled knife fight in a flop-house in Mississippi for messing with someone's woman.

I like that.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
It's Hard To Be Humble

It is true that CONsumer reviews can be highly amusing at Amazon. That said, I have to admit that I tend to skip most of them unless I'm reading about a band I've never heard of before, in which case I tend to read the reviews simply to pick up bits of fannish trivia. I used to be quite a pop musicologist, so I still feel an urge to absorb whatever I can about bands that intrigue me that I've never come across before.

As for Costumer Reviews, my oldest girlfriend Dawn McKechnie does quite a bit of that in her capacity as a masquerade judge at various costume-friendly conventions in Ontario and the North Eastern US. And anything Dawn McKechnie does is cool in my books.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
As for Costumer Reviews, my oldest girlfriend Dawn McKechnie does quite a bit of that in her capacity as a masquerade judge at various costume-friendly conventions in Ontario and the North Eastern US.

Is that a regular job or something she's doing in her free time? I'm thinking local fashion shows and so on. Damn my typos.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:27 PM   #8
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Is that a regular job or something she's doing in her free time? I'm thinking local fashion shows and so on. Damn my typos.
Sadly, she is still not being paid for her talents. One fine day, I hope to rectify this. She is one of the most talented people I know.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
Psychonaut

Your oldest Girlfriend. *shock*

I'm surprised you have that many you have to put them into age categories.

How many do you have?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
I'm not. He's cute, chivalrous, and always knows the right things to say. Everything a girl could ever want, really.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #11
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
I'm not. He's cute, chivalrous, and always knows the right things to say. Everything a girl could ever want, really.
Cool!! Let's make him Joust for your Honor!!!

Every man should be that way Squinky. To bad the common thing in the younger generation is to treat women like trash. I'm still upset that my grandchild is going trick or treating as a pimp!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:27 PM   #12
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I've always thought that the first user review for this product is one of the best - and most enlightening - that I've ever read.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #13
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
I've always thought that the first user review for this product is one of the best - and most enlightening - that I've ever read.
LOL. Right you are!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #14
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Your oldest Girlfriend. *shock*

How many do you have?
I practically put them in lifetime catagories.

When I was still in school, I had a few girlfriends, a couple of major unrequited loves (one of which I'm pretty sure I saw just this evening; sadly, she didn't recognize me, so I could be wrong -- or really that much different than I used to be), and a long list of crushes that were almost all uniformally unaware of my interest.

During the nineties, I had a number of friends and lovers that I was involved with for a time (not at the same time; well, mostly ), a number of friends whom I did not become involved with (but were aware of my interest, and happily were mostly flattered and rarely disappointed), and an unrequited love that I did get involved with, but eventually had to settle for friendship with.

In the last seven years, I've been heavily involved with a few people I met online, had a couple of short, harmless flings with ex-girlfriends who stopped by to catch up, an ill-advised affair that messed up a relationship that wasn't quite what I thought it was anyway, a number of unrequited loves who are all quite aware of me and who tolerate me sweetly, and one woman who was bold enough to marry me. I'm finally getting pretty comfortablw qith who and how I am, but it definitely makes other people scratch their heads.

Did you want names and numbers, or are the generalities good enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
I assure you darling, not that many gals would agree with you. However, I am deeply flattered, and not just for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Cool!! Let's make him Joust for your Honor!!!

Every man should be that way Squinky. To bad the common thing in the younger generation is to treat women like trash. I'm still upset that my grandchild is going trick or treating as a pimp!
It's a phase. Sadly, it's one of the most irritatingly long-lasting fads I've seen in ages. Even the headbanger types were less misogynistic. The variations on the most obnoxious aspects of Hip Hop culture have bred an open and self-satisfied atmosphere of misogyny that actually alarms me, even though I know most of it is just a front. It's too prevalent, and both sexes at a certain age seem to have accepted it as the norm. I heard a pair of senior highschool girls cheerilly singing a couple of tunes on the bus tonight that pretty clearly illustrated the stupider aspects of the Hip Hop ideal. It's just rock and roll redux, but still, a little too openly stupid and crass for our own goods. It will only create a greater schizm and encourage greater infringement upon people's personal freedoms and safety.

But then, I AM in my mid-thirties, and will freely admit that I'm out of touch with current youth culture. Nothing for it, really. Can't stand the slang, the attittudes, the fashions, the politics or the music. And frankly, I was never really comfortable around teenagers who aren't of a more artistic or philosophical bent. I have little in common with most folks more than six or seven years younger than me, and never could get excited about most of what excites teens. Not even when I was one, though I was definitely a teenager once. Just a weird one.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #15
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
I assure you darling, not that many gals would agree with you. However, I am deeply flattered, and not just for your kind words.
Then most gals have bad taste. Or I do. The latter seems more likely.

Quote:
...I'm out of touch with current youth culture. Nothing for it, really. Can't stand the slang, the attittudes, the fashions, the politics or the music. And frankly, I was never really comfortable around teenagers who aren't of a more artistic or philosophical bent. I have little in common with most folks [my age], and never could get excited about most of what excites teens. Not even when I was one, though I was definitely a teenager once. Just a weird one.
Welcome to my life.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #16
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
From Lee
But then, I AM in my mid-thirties, and will freely admit that I'm out of touch with current youth culture. Nothing for it, really. Can't stand the slang, the attittudes, the fashions, the politics or the music. And frankly, I was never really comfortable around teenagers who aren't of a more artistic or philosophical bent. I have little in common with most folks more than six or seven years younger than me, and never could get excited about most of what excites teens. Not even when I was one, though I was definitely a teenager once. Just a weird one.
Sadly I am the Head banger/ Grunge dude that your parents warned you about. But I have never hit a lady even when they tried to provoke me to (long story) and I have the scar to prove it.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #17
Psychonaut

Quote:
Did you want names and numbers, or are the generalities good enough?
Well to be honest, I wasn't asking for a potted history and a DNA test. My intentions are purely plutonic I assure you (Unless you look like Alyson Hannigan in real life and your internet identity is a huge scam)

I was attempting to be humourous as your statement seemed to imply you currently had Girlfriends plural and had to seperate them by saying "My oldest girlfriend" (probably placing an Ex in front of that last word would have prevented the ambiguity).

You may go about your business. These are not the droids you are looking for.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:34 AM   #18
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Well to be honest, I wasn't asking for a potted history and a DNA test. My intentions are purely plutonic I assure you (Unless you look like Alyson Hannigan in real life and your internet identity is a huge scam)

I believe what you meant to say that your intentions are "platonic" (as in "Plato the philosopher"), unless you are referring to deep rock (plutonic rock).

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:39 AM   #19
capsized.

vs

I'm a bit puzzled where this originated from myself.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #20
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I believe what you meant to say that your intentions are "platonic" (as in "Plato the philosopher"), unless you are referring to deep rock (plutonic rock).

-
I did mean my intentions were to send him to Pluto, but hey your word works as well.