You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #781
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Cool! What is it, and why?

A tiffin, or rather tiffin carrier is a kind of stacked lunch box, held closed by a latch. They are commonly used in Asia, particularly India (as far as I know), to carry lunch. They are also used by the Dabbawalas in Mumbai to carry lunches to working men prepared for them by their wifes after they have left the house. That's one great logistic achievement every day.

It is awesome. ^_^

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:36 AM   #782
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
It is awesome. ^_^
It is brilliant! Amazing! Fantastic!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #783
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

My copy of Get Lamp, which I ordered as a birthday splurge, just arrived today! (Coin # 2787) I'll try to watch disc 1 on the weekend after my friends' Christmas dinner party.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #784
tsa
Playing character

Cool! Tell us what you think of it, Jazzie and Trunksie!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #785
tsa
Playing character

By the way, does anyone here have experience withe the Kindle 3? How does it handle PDFs?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #786
tsa
Playing character

I splurged again! That's when you get when you have no job. Yesterday I bought this:

and today I bought this:

Old 12-12-2010, 05:33 AM   #787

Quote:
and today I bought this:

A digitial picture frame? Tsa! How could you!?

Seriously, I wouldn't know what to do with one myself. I mean, yes, it's a picture frame. But I always had the feeling that a digital picture frame is really the most silly electronic gadget readily available out there.

But if you can find a use for it, that is alright. Personally I couldn't, but that doesn't mean no one else won't find it useful.

-

Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #788
Banned User

Quote:

Seriously, I wouldn't know what to do with one myself. I mean, yes, it's a picture frame. But I always had the feeling that a digital picture frame is really the most silly electronic gadget readily available out there.

But if you can find a use for it, that is alright. Personally I couldn't, but that doesn't mean no one else won't find it useful.

-
You are just old-fashioned...soon everything will be digital.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:43 AM   #789
Pixiehunter

One thing I wonder about with digital picture frames, is it like looking at a screen or is it, as with e-readers, that it is like looking at paper?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:46 AM   #790
Banned User

Must be like e-readers...
Old 12-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #791
tsa
Playing character

Quote:

That's one of the reasons I bought it . And it uses less than 5 watt; which is low enough for me. It displays a new picture every hour, which is fun. You can also have it display a new picture every 10 s or so, which is less fun, or every 24 hours, which makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzie
Next time when I want to buy an electronic gadget I will ask you for permission Jazz. Were you OK with the Amazon Kindle ereader I bought?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
You are just old-fashioned...soon everything will be digital.
I am not really old fashioned most of the time. But I just don't get digital picture frames. I have carefully selected the pictures on my walls, and I don't get tired of them. If I know I'll one day get tired of them, I don't hang them on my wall. If anything, I'll use them as Wallpaper for my computer desktop for a while until I want another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
One thing I wonder about with digital picture frames, is it like looking at a screen or is it, as with e-readers, that it is like looking at paper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
Must be like e-readers...
Actually, I believe it's like with a regular screen. First of all, if it was e-ink (that's the technology used for most e-readers), you'd only need to have the device plugged in if you changed the picture. That's the advantage of e-ink, it only consumes energy when the picture changes (on a side note, there's some cool mobiles that use e-ink. If you turn them off, the screen is still displayed, but for example, the display of the time won't change until you turn the phone on again.).

And also, as far as I know they have yet to develop e-ink with colour. Right now all you get is black and white.

-

Old 12-12-2010, 05:54 AM   #793
tsa
Playing character

I heard there is e-ink with color but it isn't very good yet. The photoframe I bought has a LED-lit LCD screen, just like a modern TV or computer screen. That's why it uses so much power and why I haven't bought one before.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #794

Quote:
Next time when I want to buy an electronic gadget I will ask you for permission Jazz. Were you OK with the Amazon Kindle ereader I bought?
Good boy.

And though I'd myself buy another ereader, I cannot condemn you for buying a Kindle.
They do now have Wikipedia access in Europe as well, right? At least that's what I heard.

-

P.s.: I've actually thought of getting a Kindle myself one day. ^^ Even though my head screams "NO! There a better ereaders out there!", the Free 3G is tempting.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:06 AM   #795
tsa
Playing character

I had a hard time choosing between the Foxit eSlick reader and the Kindle, and I still don't know if I made the right decision. The higher contrast and the 16 grey values of the Kindle did it for me.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #796
tsa
Playing character

Today I splurged on a duck. Maruca and I are going to marinade it with honey and garlick and make it very yummie. And then we do nom nom nom nom nom.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #797
Lazy Bee

Yummy!
Do you mind if I drop by for dinner?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #798
tsa
Playing character

No problem; there's enough for three or four! You are very welcome.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #799
Pixiehunter

Can I be the fourth person?

To stay on topic, my latest splurge contains of a collection of herbs and spices to cook with. If only I have time to cook properly again...
Old 12-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #800
tsa
Playing character

Maybe we should organize a duck eating feast, like a Mideval glutton party. Bring your own duck!

But Luna, did't you tell me you made a wonderful Tjap Tjoy? Could you give me the recipe please?