Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Recent Splurges (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17195-recent-splurges.html)

Melanie68 09-30-2006 03:26 PM

Recent Splurges

I went out shopping today (haven't been in a while) and I've been needing a new DVD player. I've been watching them on my laptop for quite a while now.

I also went to the game stores today (EBGames and Gamestop) and perused their used DVD section and picked up the boxed set of Lost - Season One for $29.99 (16 pounds, 23.64 euros). I have been hearing everyone talk about and rave about it so I figured it was high time I watched it. :)

Share yours. :)

RLacey 09-30-2006 03:40 PM

I am totally going to dominate this thread in the near future :crazy:.

Okay... in recent days I've bought a whole load of random DVDs (The Shining, Jerry Springer: The Opera, Big Fish, L.A. Confidential), and video games (And Then There Were None and SWAT 4 Gold Edition are in the post at the moment). And that's in the last week or so :crazy:.

Mind you, they were all fairly cheap. It cost me less than £30 for all of them, I believe.

lumi 09-30-2006 05:31 PM

I think it's been awhile since I last had a shopping splurge. I could do something with skiing products, but I would easily end up spending $1k, which I probably shouldn't do right now. Also, my current stuff works fine still. But it is tempting.

rlpw 09-30-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey (Post 347323)

Okay... in recent days I've bought a whole load of random DVDs (The Shining, Jerry Springer: The Opera, Big Fish, L.A. Confidential), and video games (And Then There Were None and SWAT 4 Gold Edition are in the post at the moment). And that's in the last week or so :crazy:.

Mind you, they were all fairly cheap. It cost me less than £30 for all of them, I believe.

Big Fish is an excelent movie! Of cource my whole family are big Tim Burton fans though

Giligan 10-01-2006 06:42 AM

The last big purchase I made was at EBGames, I bought Chromehounds and Medal of Honor: Rising Sun for my 360.

I want to buy the new USS Olympia kit from Bluejacket Shipcrafters, but it's too expensive.... *sob*

Tobbe 10-01-2006 10:57 PM

My recent splurges has been buying quite a lot of vintage Masters Of The Universe figures.

seebaruk 10-04-2006 07:26 AM

I've got a load of old He-Man figures in my loft, I'd offer them to ya but most of em are missing arms or heads. And I'm too lazy to get them down.

I bought myself a laptop and I'm well tempted by the Complete Calvin & Hobbes boxset, only 50 quid!

Tobbe 10-05-2006 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seebaruk (Post 349066)
I've got a load of old He-Man figures in my loft, I'd offer them to ya but most of em are missing arms or heads. And I'm too lazy to get them down.

Ooooohhh! :9~ :9~ :9~

I don´t mind, I´ll take anything, can make for eg. Customs out of them! :P
And loose accessories are also welcome, heck, anything Masters Of The Universe related, I collect! :)

bysmitty 10-06-2006 03:38 AM

Does getting a lawn planted count as a splurge? Well, the last real splurge I can think of was picking up a 20" LCD for my utility computer a few weeks ago. It was such an amazing price, ($200) I couldn't pass it up.

Enjoy Lost season 1 Mel, I usually can't stand anything TV related but my sister made me watch the first episode last year and I was hooked. I've already worked through both the first and second seasons on DVD. I'll have to wait until next year to watch season 3 since the rabbit ears on my TV don't pick up reception. :P

Update: Just indulged myself in a new toy. 1500va 900w UPS!:9~ Wahoo!
Damn, I have to be the biggest nerd in the world.

...bysmitty

seebaruk 10-06-2006 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobbe (Post 349474)
Ooooohhh! :9~ :9~ :9~

I don´t mind, I´ll take anything, can make for eg. Customs out of them! :P
And loose accessories are also welcome, heck, anything Masters Of The Universe related, I collect! :)

I never used to have many of the vehicles and play area things, but all my mates did. I was a deprived kid. Loads of loose accessories though, you can't walk around the attic without getting plastic swords and spears lodged in your feet. It's a bit of a deathtrap.

Tobbe 10-06-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seebaruk (Post 349983)
I never used to have many of the vehicles and play area things, but all my mates did. I was a deprived kid. Loads of loose accessories though, you can't walk around the attic without getting plastic swords and spears lodged in your feet. It's a bit of a deathtrap.

Hehe! :) Do you think you could look up a few of those acessories/figures, if I could by some from you?

undeaf 10-06-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bysmitty (Post 349911)
Update: Just indulged myself in a new toy. 1500va 900w UPS!:9~ Wahoo!
Damn, I have to be the biggest nerd in the world.

Bah, a real nerd would have put the backup power device at the DC stage, thereby avoiding wasteful unneccessary AC-DC conversions and allowing easy addition of extra backup power.

bysmitty 10-06-2006 04:17 PM

^ True enough. Anyway, I still feel like a nerd. :P

...bysmitty

Jatsie 10-06-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bysmitty
Does getting a lawn planted count as a splurge?

One, two, three, four, I declare a turf war!

Target43 10-09-2006 01:05 PM

Bought a sandwich. It was delicious. It came with a free 50 inch TV.

Sage 10-10-2006 01:04 PM

Well, I was checking prices on Expedia and and found that I could take advantage of three separate discounts with one booking, so I'm headed to Reno on a last-minute fall trip. :D

There's nothing quite like hitting the trifecta of budget travel. ;)

Giligan 10-10-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 351516)
so I'm headed to Reno on a last-minute fall trip.

Going to go to the the air races, by any chance?

Sage 10-10-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giligan (Post 351520)
Going to go to the the air races, by any chance?

Nah, I'll just miss them.

Erwin_Br 10-11-2006 04:35 AM

I bought a lot of clothes during my vacation.

Now I don't have much money left to spend on splurging, because I missed my flight and had to buy a new ticket for 1100 Euro's. :D

--Erwin

Panthera 10-17-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey (Post 347323)

I'm sooo owning you on splurging on dvd's now. This week I've bought:
Road to El Dorado
The Prince of Egypt
Antz
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Shark Tale
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Charlie's Angles: The Movie
Corpse Bride
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Double Disk Edition
Grave of the Fireflies
Serenity
X2: X-men United - Double Disk Edition
And now for Something Completely Different
Monty Python: Holy Grail - Extraordinary Deluxe Edition
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 - Double Feature Gift Set

Okey, maybe I should explain.. I collect animation movies, especially Disney/Pixar (even though I've just started quite a collection of Dreamworks movies now) and I'm a sucker for cheap special editions..

Besides that I've just bought
The Greastest Songs from the Musicals (3-cds)
Disco Generation - 54 original Dancefloor Classics (3 cds) both without copy-protection of course
A new Sweater
Lots of beauty products
A comic book
and a Munny Zipper accessory
http://www.kidrobot.com/prodimages/10027-1-L.jpg

The reason for my exessive splurging now, is that I've spent the last 5 months without almost any money, and now that I finally got money, I'm kinda over dooing it...