You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #7741
It's Hard To Be Humble

tsa: I found the books you mentioned after you suggested checking the Amazon.com site, which I should have done from the beginning. Sadly, can't afford to buy them just now. Perhaps after my own books have finally started selling to people I don't know, I might be able to afford to invest. Good luck with the books.

Step: There are only tentative plans to have books printed up using Createspace, which I've been stalling on because of the negligible returns I'll get going that route, and the rights issues I may or may not have to deal with. Selling cheap eBooks somehow makes more sense to me than selling dead-tree-ware at much higher prices and smaller margins for profit. Still, people like having things to put on shelves, so I'm sure I'll look into at least having them available through some POD scheme.

Also, glad the gas leak got taken care of. That must have been seriously heart-racing.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #7742
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
tsa: I found the books you mentioned after you suggested checking the Amazon.com site, which I should have done from the beginning. Sadly, can't afford to buy them just now. Perhaps after my own books have finally started selling to people I don't know, I might be able to afford to invest. Good luck with the books.
I think Lulu is ridiculously expensive, but on the other hand it's not fair to compare Lulu's prices to what you pay for a book in the shop. Anyway, if you like you can download Sophie's stories from my website, here.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #7743
kamikaze hummingbirds

Just started Skyrim proper.

I love being silly.

The plot is for squares.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #7744
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
The plot is for squares.
That's what they must have thought while making Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. But it was still a thoroughly enjoyable movie.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #7745
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Just started Skyrim proper.

I love being silly.

The plot is for squares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
That's what they must have thought while making Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. But it was still a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

Heh, only in Skyrim it actually adds a lot to the whole experience. It was already that way in Morrowind. Heck, I could spend hours just reading the *Books* found throughhout Skyrim. The lore of the Elder Scrolls is amazing, and that is what captures me. It's like actually being an adventurer, without the obvious risk of being mauled by Dragons, Trolls, Wolves, Bandits, Vicious Fish (I am afraid they might become the new Cliffracers, as I have seen them following me onto land. Their fins already look like little legs! ), and the occasional cannibal. Actually, I am kidding about the cannibals. They don't really maul you, they're actually quite friendly. They even made me their champion! Though I still hold the opinion that if my Dunmer eats human meat, that doesn't make them a cannibal - just unpopular with the neighbours. If I was eating some other elf, even if it they were not Dunmer but one of the other types, I'd say you could call my Yary a cannibal. But since I have yet to find a single piece of "Elven Meat" in the game, I highly doubt that will ever happen. There's only "Human Meat" items in the game.

Anyway, have fun not getting mauled, Hammykins!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #7746
Second Degree Black Belt

Hi everyone, Pre-k is going well. We have 22 kids this year and I stay tired b/c of all the extra paper work and extra students that we have this year. My teacher and I have gotten a few kids that the other teachers have refused to teach and that has made our jobs harder. BUT all the same I love all the kids.

So that being said we have started our around the world activates again We are going to "visit" England, France, Italy, Mexico, Germany, Canada, Guatemala, India, Sweden, Poland, China and The Islands. Wow we have lots of places to visit. But as always pictures will follow after we have completed our around the world projects

Every time I do this project with my little ones, I think of you all that have sent me items and the kids LOVE every minute of it

You guys are the best, this is truly my favorite time of the pre-k year because I get to share all of you with my little pre-k kids

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #7747
tsa
Playing character

I take it that with The Islands you mean The Netherlands don't you Bullsie?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #7748
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
I take it that with The Islands you mean The Netherlands don't you Bullsie?
teehee.........Yes the Netherlands and the Caribbean islands too What is your favorite meal that your mom makes tsa ? We are going to make foods as well.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #7749
tsa
Playing character

Oh that is Tjap Tjoy with chicken. I don't know if it's really Dutch but I can give you the recipe if you like .
Old 01-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #7750
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Oh that is Tjap Tjoy with chicken. I don't know if it's really Dutch but I can give you the recipe if you like .
oh yes, please do

Old 01-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #7751
tsa
Playing character

OK here we are:

You need for two persons:

2 chicken legs
Nutmeg
1 Onion, cut into rings
Curry (the mild variety)
A quarter green cabbage, finely cut
1 small coliflower, cut in fine pieces
100 g mushrooms, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon of maizena
1 tablespoon of soy sauce

Put salt, pepper and curry on the chicken legs and rub it in. This works better if you use a bit of oil to make it all stick. Then you fry the legs with the onion until they are nice and brown. Add water until the legs are half in the water. Cook until the meat falls off the bone. While that is going on you can fry the veggies together with the spices. First the green cabbage, then add the coliflower and the mushrooms. When the veggies are fried you can add the meat and the soy sauce. You then have to make a sort of thick sauce of it. You can add some bean sprouts if you like. Use chili pepper or other asian spices to make it taste the way you like. Serve with rice. "Om nom nom!" your family will say and then ask for more.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #7752
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
OK here we are:

You need for two persons:

2 chicken legs
Nutmeg
1 Onion, cut into rings
Curry (the mild variety)
A quarter green cabbage, finely cut
1 small coliflower, cut in fine pieces
100 g mushrooms, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon of maizena
1 tablespoon of soy sauce

Put salt, pepper and curry on the chicken legs and rub it in. This works better if you use a bit of oil to make it all stick. Then you fry the legs with the onion until they are nice and brown. Add water until the legs are half in the water. Cook until the meat falls off the bone. While that is going on you can fry the veggies together with the spices. First the green cabbage, then add the coliflower and the mushrooms. When the veggies are fried you can add the meat and the soy sauce. You then have to make a sort of thick sauce of it. You can add some bean sprouts if you like. Use chili pepper or other asian spices to make it taste the way you like. Serve with rice. "Om nom nom!" your family will say and then ask for more.
Oh thank you sweetie the kids are going to love it

Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #7753
tsa
Playing character

I think, looking at the ingredients list, that you'd better use 4 chicken legs and then it's for 4 persons.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #7754
Lazy Bee

Finally my computer is fixed! It's so much more convenient than using my android or borrowing a laptop from the kids.
I'll pop by a lot more often now.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #7755
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
I think, looking at the ingredients list, that you'd better use 4 chicken legs and then it's for 4 persons.
sure thing

Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #7756
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Finally my computer is fixed! It's so much more convenient than using my android or borrowing a laptop from the kids.
I'll pop by a lot more often now.
Woohoo!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #7757
Second Degree Black Belt

Well my friends we started around the world today and we started in England. The children had a great time. As always I will post pictures after the 2 weeks for everyone to see Thanks again ya'll

Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #7758
Freeware Co-ordinator

It's a strange world, full of coincidences.

Those who recall my problems just before Christmas will appreciate that it went on a long time. What I failed to mention at the time is that a number of Southern Gas staff ended up working forced overtime to deal with it. Now I know they get paid the overtime but it still can't be fun having to work overnight, especially so close to Christmas. I showed my appreciation with Home-brew on the evening.

This evening, after a long day at work (it's the busy time of year for my professon) I popped into the nearby pub for a pint. There was someone in there I recognised but couldn't immediately place. Turns out it was the engineer from that night, who actually lives quite close by. He remembered my appreciation of their efforts and bought me a pint.

Small world isn't it.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 01-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #7759
Stalker of Britain

< thinks of you all as my good friends when asked who my friends are. <3
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 01-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #7760
tsa
Playing character

Swoons because of Fantasie's kind words.