You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #7721
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Either way, I'm pretty happy because I quite love Winter, for some reason.
I might too, but when you can't walk outside because the roads are all ice, like today when there's not even much snow anywhere, I tend to rather hate it.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #7722
Failed Birthday Elf

So far this week my Laptop and Phone have broken.

I am seriously too dependant on my phone, it has my diary, e-mail, teh internetz, silly games for playing on the train etc. all in my pocket and I really miss it! Furthermore I even stopped wearing a watch a while ago and now I never know what the time is!

What is even sadder is the shop said they will probably have to wipe it and start again, and my first thought was about losing my Paradise Island game I have been playing for months! Mrs Degree pointed out later on that I might want to be more concerned about the photos of the Third Degree on there, but I had backed those up fairly recently thank goodness.

First World Problems as they say.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #7723
Filmfreak

Now I have a Santa Hat Avatar. HO-HO-HO!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #7724
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
So far this week my Laptop and Phone have broken.
It seems my trusty old Win XP broke today.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #7725
It's Hard To Be Humble

I have three more books almost ready for publishing. I just have to finish some cover art for one and get the table of contents in place. I am tired.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #7726
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
It seems my trusty old Win XP broke today.
Ow you poor thing.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #7727
It's Hard To Be Humble

And here they are... my books, that is. I'll understand if you guys aren't able to buy anything. Check out the samples and let me know if you like what you see? I'd appreciate at least one or two people letting me know they tried reading something of mine.

Not meaning to whine, but truth to tell, it's been a pretty futile exercise so far. Three sales in three months, and I know exactly which lady-friends bought each of them. Not even sure I'm looking for validation at this point, so much as acknowledgement. I wasn't expecting a blizzard of money or anything, but I was kind of hoping I'd have made some profit by now. As it is, I haven't even made enough to warrant them making a Paypal payment into my account. *le sigh*

In other news... actually, I have no other news. This book thing doesn't leave much time for anything else.

Hope everyone is having a lovely season, bereft of the usual winter incidents that make this time of year unpleasant for so many. Season's Greetings.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #7728
tsa
Playing character

I have the same experience with my books Lee. I still have to put the ebook versions of them on the website. I sell my books via Lulu and Amazon but so far only family members and friends bought them. Writing doesn't get you rich. Look for Tjerkstra on Amazon and you'll find my work!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #7729
tsa
Playing character

Oh, and another thing. Soldering is hard. And that soldering iron is pretty darn hot.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #7730
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I have the same experience with my books Lee. I still have to put the ebook versions of them on the website. I sell my books via Lulu and Amazon but so far only family members and friends bought them. Writing doesn't get you rich. Look for Tjerkstra on Amazon and you'll find my work!
Oh, I know writing doesn't make any but the luckiest of the lucky rich, and I surely have never been particularly lucky. Still, I need to make a change in my life, and the only gift I have that seems like something I can still make a splash with (rock & roll is not something you start playing at 40 and expect audiences to flock to you) is fiction writing.

Sadly, all of the avenues for self-promotion that I know of seem to have decided to turn their back on me. *le sigh*

Tjerkstra?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #7731
tsa
Playing character

Try Amazon.com Lee.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #7732
Stalker of Britain

*hugs to all*
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #7733
tsa
Playing character

Thanks Fantasie!

*Hugs Fantasie*
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #7734
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
And here they are... my books, that is. I'll understand if you guys aren't able to buy anything. Check out the samples and let me know if you like what you see? I'd appreciate at least one or two people letting me know they tried reading something of mine.
I'd be more than happy to buy your books (and would almost certainly appreciate reading them) but I don't own an e-book reader and am (barring getting one as a present) unlikely to get one in the near future. I will try to point my e-reader owning friends and family in your direction though.

Any way to get hold of a print copy? I love the cover art, and the concepts all intrigue me.

Quote:
Tjerkstra?

In other news, at 7:00 this morning a gas leak was reported near my house. Having a limited sense of smell, I was unaware of this when I set out for work at 8:00am (I have difficulty smelling all but the strongest odours for various reasons). Said gas leak slowly went on to fill my house with gas. Mrs Urhan smelt a small amount gas before she set out for work but, seeing Southern Gas Network vans nearby, assumed it was in the road and was being dealt with (she checked our appliances before leaving) About 10:00 a check on gas levels within our house registered levels that were starting to prove dangerous. Mrs Urhan had been seen around the house but had not been seen going to work, so fearing she had been overcome by gas, the police kicked my front door open. This has been repaired temporarily but will need replacing. The gas leak in the main line was located and sealed about midday. Gas levels continued to be monitored after that.

It is now getting on for 2:30am UK time. Whilst continuous testing finds no leak in the mains pipe or anywhere in our system, gas is still getting into the air space below our house from somewhere. We are not dealing with explosive levels but, with the source of the leak currently proving impossible to pin down, this could potentially run all night and into tomorrow. Happy Christmas.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 12-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #7735
Filmfreak

Yikes, I hope they find the source and fix it soon...
Old 12-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #7736
Lazy Bee

OMG Step! How scary! How's the situation now?
Old 12-23-2011, 04:54 AM   #7737
tsa
Playing character

That is pretty dangerous Step. I hope you can still roast the turkey

Edit: oh, and here. If that one doesn't work then I don't know what does.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #7738
Freeware Co-ordinator

Finally cleared about 10:30 this morning. I had to go into work at 7:30, leaving Mrs Urhan to deal with the last bit (it was almost clear when I left) I have a poorly looking door and two holes in my front garden (either side of the water mains, which was a suspected route in at one point) that won't get dealt withi until the new year at the earliest. I am also way beyond tired.

Still, at least I have an operating gas supply and an unblown-up house so it could be worse.
Quote:
Edit: oh, and here. If that one doesn't work then I don't know what does.
Thought I'd linked to that one, but obviously something went funny with my link. Is this you as well?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 12-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #7739
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Finally cleared about 10:30 this morning. I have an operating gas supply and an unblown-up house so it could be worse.
Is this you as well?
Brilliant Step, congratulations!

And yes, that is me as well. But it's in Dutch so I thought I'd link to Sophie. Sophie is also still in my head so we probably will hear more from her in the future.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #7740
tsa
Playing character

O, and dear Blog,

My data server at home died today. Very annoying. I have backups but now I first need a new server.