You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #2601
tsa
Playing character

Hi Bloggie!

Yesterday I had Casper, the three year old owner of Mr. Rabbit on the phone.

"Hi Willem, you have Mr. Rabbit don't you?" he asked me. Luckily he doesn't call me Lillem anymore.

"Yes," I said. "I guess you don't want him back, do you?"

But he really wanted Mr. Rabbit back, unfortunately. So tomorrow the whole family will come to pick him up, and leave me behind, alone and devastated. Mr. Rabbit has been a real joy in my life the past two weeks. OK, he bit me a few times in his enthousiasm, and he also almost chewed through two cables, but hey, that is in the nature of rabbits. It's amazing how much attention you need to give a rabbit. It's really cruel to keep a rabbit in a small cage on his own, only feeding him and cleaning the cage every now and then, like many rabbits are held (in my youth we also had a rabbit somehwere in the back of the garden in a small cage ). If I decide to get me a rabbit for myself I will get two of them, together in a BIG cage so they have each other and a bit of space when I am at work. And they may run around the house as often as possible. A bit of excersise is good for them. But before I decide to get myself a pet I will think about it for a few weeks. I'll keep you informed.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #2602
kamikaze hummingbirds

Our first rabbit was always allowed to walk around the house (though he tended to stay in a corner, chewing the bookcase) - the second one liked to go to the toilet in the house though, so she was in the garden more often than not.
It's funny to see the peculiar things they do with the open space.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #2603
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

If I ever get to name a rabbit, I'm calling it Rabbi Stone.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #2604
Stalker of Britain

I'm sorry you had to give back your rabbit, tsa!!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #2605
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Our first rabbit was always allowed to walk around the house (though he tended to stay in a corner, chewing the bookcase) - the second one liked to go to the toilet in the house though, so she was in the garden more often than not.
It's funny to see the peculiar things they do with the open space.
I was very much in luck with Mr. Rabbit. He's very clean and only does his things in the special rabbit litter box in his cage.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #2606
A Servicable Villain

Dear Adventuregamers Blog,

Over the years I've kind of become more of a lurker here, since I rarely play adventuregames anymore and I find the Idle Forums a much more manageable place. That's nothing against this place, of course, and to illustrate that, just this night I had an Adventuregamers Forum Dream.

This was right after the World of Warcraft dream, and the Catching The Joker dream before that. In the dream we were having an AG gettogether with people all over the world. We appeared to have these regularly, though it was my first attendance. At every meeting, there would be another instalment of some self-brewed adventure game, and the series was already up to somewhere in the tens, sequelwise.

During the meeting, I was rather overtly flirting with a girl, which I believe I figured to be either Jazhara or Greenjeanz (from days yore; I used to chat with her a bit). The rest of the group apparently fell silent at this, being socially awkward, maybe. To be fair, I'd never practice such behaviour in real life, I'm much too socially aware for that (). At one point I wanted to get things going again (I mean, conversations), so I threw aloud a question about the adventure series everyone was making.

The reply was: ,,Here's a puzzle for you!", and then everyone together chucked a pink, wet laundry basket at my feet.

I ask you... who throws a wet laundry basket? Honestly.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:07 AM   #2607
tsa
Playing character

Cool, Jelena and me talked about an AG gettogether when I visited her. We were discussing the seating for the Big Dinner we would have. Who do we put next to whom? We figured out some interesting combinations of people
Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 AM   #2608
A Servicable Villain

I could easily come, since I live in the Netherlands too. Oh wow, could my dream have been prescient? Apologies for my future conduct, in that case!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:00 AM   #2609
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
We figured out some interesting combinations of people
Divulge!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:14 AM   #2610
tsa
Playing character

No, sorry, that remains between Jelena and me.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #2611
Unreliable Narrator

...which means we're not invited. Poo.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #2612
tsa
Playing character

Nonono, it just means that the table setting is secret until the start of the dinner
Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #2613
tsa
Playing character

Dear Blogsie,

I had a strange day. Today Mr. Rabbit went home again. The kids came with their parents to pick him up. Casper had a cute gift for me: a Lego Wookie! He said "Thank you for taking care of Mr. Rabbit so well," which I found very sweet of him (and well drilled by Mom and Dad)! Mr. Rabbit had grown quite a bit bigger and stronger in the two weeks I took care of him. We had a lot of trouble keeping him in the small cardboard box he came in. Eventually he calmed down a bit (he was very angry to be put in a box; that was way below his dignity), and mother could keep the box on her lap whilst father drove home.

After Mr. Rabbit was gone I took my TV to the repairman. The thing makes strange noises after having been switched on for more than an hour. The repairman said he'd look into it "during the week", which I didn't find very helpful. I guess I will have to live without a TV for a week. Actually the man offered me a temporary replacement but I declined.

When I got home I felt lonely. No more Mr. Rabbit. No more TV to lose yourself in. I called Casper's mum to find out how Mr. Rabbit was. He was happily hopping in the grass, she told me.

I managed to mess up my whole dinner tonight too. The chicken liver I bought today stank when I opened the package. And I wanted to make mashed potatoes but I poored on much to much milk, so I had a sort of Milk and Fruit but then with potatoes . The only thing I managed to cook right was the green beans. I love green beans, so that's a plus.

During cooking I also got the apples from my trees. I now have two buckets full of apples, from two small trees! I guess I'll be making a lot of apple compote this weekend! You can keep that in the freezer for a long time, so I can enjoy my apples during the whole year.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #2614
Unreliable Narrator

Dear Forum Members,

Every time you call me "Blogsie", all my friends at school make fun of me and beat me up. Could you find a more masculine name for me instead?

Sincerely,
The AG Community Blog
Old 08-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #2615
tsa
Playing character

But Blogsie, you are so cute!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #2616
The Major Grubert.

Blogster!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #2617
Unreliable Narrator

Dear Blogsie Blogster Blogbert,

I've started investing in music lessons, specifically, to learn to play jazz on the euphonium. I'm at this place in my musical ability where I can come up with nice melodies in my head, but they don't always come out the way I'd like them to. I also play several instruments but am pretty mediocre at all of them. So, I figured, it would be nice to try and actually get good at one of my instruments for a change. I picked the euphonium because I've always loved playing brass instruments the most, even though they're the hardest to just pick up and play (as opposed to guitars and keyboards). I'm hoping this'll be less and less the case, with practice. I'm also hoping my musical composition will benefit from some actual jazz theory, which I've never been trained in before.

One of the guys I work with hates jazz and pretty much all jazz-influenced music and can't stand the sound of brass instruments. He also hates short stories. And he's a rather hardcore programmer type. Pretty much my opposite in many ways. Ah well, at least he's interesting to talk to.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #2618
Unreliable Narrator

Dear Squinky,

Blogbert?! Now you're making me sound like some kind of nerd. Thanks a lot.

The AG Community Blog
Old 08-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #2619
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Dear Blogsie Blogster Blogbert,
[...]
One of the guys I work with hates jazz and pretty much all jazz-influenced music
[...]
Ah well, at least he's interesting to talk to.
Hate is strong word. He really hates jazz? He hates the swing on the beat, the influence that jazz has had on some of the best blues, rock, rhythm and blues, country, and basically most non-classical genres there are? He must be one of those death-metal assholes.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #2620
tsa
Playing character

The 'death metal a******s' that I know are very friendly people.