You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I'm Going Home Soon!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
Schoolgirl From Hell

Default I'm Going Home Soon!

Another year has passed in Russia, and I will be leaving for home to Malaysia this Thursday. So... one... two.. three... *heaves a sigh of relief*. I can't wait to go home... into the crazy heat and lounge by the pool in our garden. I can't wait to hang out with my crazy sisters again. And I can't wait to see SJH again.

You guys do remember SJH, don't you?

Yep, folks. Don't know if I've mentioned it, but SJH is coming to Malaysia. He'll be arriving at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) three hours before me. This is great, because not only am I going home, but SJH will be there to greet me at the airport... and then the two of us will be greeted by my parents. We're both a bit nervous about the whole "meet the parents" thing. I hope everything goes well, and that SJH will have a good holiday this summer. He'll be in Malaysia for about 3 and a half weeks. We've made plans to hit all sort of hotspots in Kuala Lumpur, and that includes the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC), Central Market (for the artsy fartsy types), Masjid India (aka Little India), Chinatown, Petaling Street, a few hotzones such as IT City and IMBI Plaza to check out computer hardwares, the malls for movies, music fests such as the annual Rock The World Concert, local gigs, National Museum and perhaps the Islamic Museum. I'm planning to let SJH try out as many local cuisines as possible (Malaysia is also known as a cool eating destination), and perhaps even the durian, if he dares! Thinking of taking him to go clubbing, but no sure about how will that go, since I don't know if my friend will be back in KL (her bf knows most of the club-runners, so clubbing with them means the red-carpet treatment). Clubbing scene here is a lot better than in Russia, imho; none of those ridiculous bad techno music. So, looking forward to it.

Plus, we've also planned to go for seaside holidays and we're listing up places such as Penang, Langkawi and Tioman Island as possible beach destination. We haven't made up our minds yet. Other than that, we're planning to hit Malacca purely for a historical tour and maybe take a train down to Singapore. We thought of going to Thailand, but it seems that SJH may require a visa application, so I guess that's out.

I'm so excited! I hope SJH will get properly tanned. I hope that most of our plans will pan out.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 06-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
Lazy Bee

Mira
That sounds wonderful! Have a great summer at home with your family and SJH! Have you finished your studies for good now?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
Schoolgirl From Hell

No. Just for the year. I'm thinking of transferring out of Russia, but I am having a slight problem with the dean's office regarding that.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #4
Lazy Bee

From what you've told us about the roomies transferring sound like a good idea. What about the school, is it what you expected? Where would you finish your studies if/when it works out? A wild guess would be.....England perhaps!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #5
Schoolgirl From Hell

Here's a little preview of what SJH will be getting:

Tioman Island

Penang

Malacca

The Historical A Famosa in Malacca

Petaling Street

Kuala Lumpur

Putrajaya

Old 06-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #6
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
From what you've told us about the roomies transferring sound like a good idea. What about the school, is it what you expected? Where would you finish your studies if/when it works out? A wild guess would be.....England perhaps!
If I can't get into UK, the EU would be a good choice.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:12 AM   #7
Chris Barraclough

Man, I'm so fricking jealous. Those photos bring back a lot of memories, especially Tioman and Jalan Petaling (where I was completely lost trying to find my mates ) Hope you both have a great time, and he gets rid of the Brit paleness (it took me about 2 months of Asia to get a deep tan but he might get lucky!)

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 06-20-2006, 03:18 AM   #8
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

I wish I was SJH right now.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:10 AM   #9
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Man, I'm so fricking jealous. Those photos bring back a lot of memories, especially Tioman and Jalan Petaling (where I was completely lost trying to find my mates ) Hope you both have a great time, and he gets rid of the Brit paleness (it took me about 2 months of Asia to get a deep tan but he might get lucky!)
Next time you come to Malaysia, let me know. We can go lepak together (I hope the time you spent in Malaysia was adequate enough for you to learn what "lepak" means).

Old 06-20-2006, 05:13 AM   #10
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Next time you come to Malaysia, let me know. We can go lepak together (I hope the time you spent in Malaysia was adequate enough for you to learn what "lepak" means).
I've got no idea what lepaking is sadly, must've missed out on that one. Is it dirty?

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 06-20-2006, 05:52 AM   #11
Schoolgirl From Hell

LOL!

"Lepak" means "to hang out". How long were you in Malaysia? I hope you know what "makan" means (makan = to eat).

Old 06-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #12
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
LOL!

"Lepak" means "to hang out". How long were you in Malaysia? I hope you know what "makan" means (makan = to eat).
Oh I did lots of makanning over there! I love asian food so much (apart from Thai).

I was in Malaysia just under a month, spent a week in KL, week in Tioman and dodged around for the rest of it (Taman Negara, Penang and some other island in the NE that I can't remember the name of). When we were over there we learned how to say 'hi', 'thank you' etc. but I can't remember much of it anymore.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:49 AM   #13
Schoolgirl From Hell

Hahah

Guess you must have learnt "selamat sejahtera" (formal hello) or "apa khabar" (how are you?) and definitely "terima kasih" (thank you).

Do you have pictures from your trip?

Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #14
Chris Barraclough

Loads of pictures. I'll post some up when I'm on here back home if you want. I try not to look at them too much cos they just make me wanna quit my job and go travelling again

Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #15
Super Moderator

Yaaayyyy!!!

Have a great time at home. You deserve it!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:40 AM   #16

I guess I don't pay enough attention here, because I thought Russia was your home, not just your place of study.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #17
merely human

Enjoy your summer, babe. And kick squaresie's pasty white ass for me for not hanging out here at AG anymore, not thanking me for the postcard I sent him, and not following up with us on his recovery from his illness. I'm hurt.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #18
Psychonaut

Have a great time.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #19
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Have fun .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #20
merely human

Saucy, PM me your address in Malaysia so I can send you a tacky L.A. postcard. I have one and was gonna send it to Moscow but too late now.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien