You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat xbox 360 or plasma?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 06:19 AM   #1
Party On Dudes

Default xbox 360 or plasma?

has anyone faced this dilemma yet, you want an xbox 360 but you also want a decent plasma to play it on, however buying them both will eat you alive? what to do? i can't play 360 on a crappy tv or play downstairs where the demons dwell, can anyone present me any solutions?

(((APPRECIATION)))

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-09-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I dont have a HD-Ready or a HDTV, I have a widescreen philips tv thats quite large, but I'd love to get a HD-Ready tv, but I thought I'd get the 360 and a nice supply of games first.

Besides I only have 1 360 game, and got 15 xbox games that I missed out on and it looks good for the most part. A bit dark but thats fixable-ish.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-09-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Homer of Kittens

If you want an HD TV, I advise you to get an LCD instead of plasma. They are more expensive but definitely the better technology.

Firefox rules
Old 06-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Banned User

Well, since you hate Microsoft (or major corps. in general), i'd say go with a HDTV from a no-name brand.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
merely human

I was 'forced' to get my little LCD HDTV (15", 'cause that's all I can afford) for my Xbox360 but I absolutely love it. I think it's actually redundant to have a next gen console that 'thrives' on HD playing on an old analog TV - you're not getting all your money's worth. For the most part, once you have HD you don't want to go back.

In the end it's very well worth it to save your pennies and invest in a decent HDTV, and then a good sound system, and then you needn't worry any more for the next several years.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #6
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

I was at my friend friend apartment the other day, he had bought a 50" tv, OMG it was big!!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
merely human

Wish I could afford one that big.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #8
Living with my love

Me to, but it wasn´t plasma or LCD though..I thnk it costed around 1500 dollars..
Old 06-09-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
merely human

Oh. I only prefer LCD.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #10
Living with my love

Yeah, me too, but though it was a "ordinary" tv, meaning no flatscreen, still, the picture quality was quite good, but if you went closer the tv, it got a bit grainy..
Old 06-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #11
Banned User

I dunno. When I hear 15'', I wonder, what's the point?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
merely human

The point is that I paid for it with my own money. Did you pay for yours with your own money, Mr. I'm-such-a-poor-college-student?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #13
Banned User

Of course I did. How do you think I became a poor college student?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #14
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
Of course I did. How do you think I became a poor college student?
That's your decision. So then you can understand, can't you, how hurtful it sounds when you dismiss things by just sniffing "What's the point?" to a modestly sized TV when that was all I could afford. Good for you that your TV is bigger and better than mine, but it makes you sound pompous.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #15
Banned User

Jeeeeze man. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything like that. I'm not saying mine is better. The fact that I have to carry the huge ass thing around alone makes it UNbetter than yours. I just thought that 15'' is wayy too small, because you'd have to squint all the time, but then again, I haven't played on a screen that small, so I don't really know, i'm just figuring. I'm sorry if I hurt you. Forgiveses?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #16
merely human

It's okay. But thanks for suggesting that TV when I was seeking advice on buying one. Believe me, I'd LOVE to have the same one you have, and eventually I'd like one with a bigger screen. But for now I'm perfectly happy with my cute little Magnavox (I'm actually surprised that for $300 I can find an HDTV at all!).

Oh, and Burnout: Revenge looks damn lickable on it! Check out my stats, I'm making good progress!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #17
Banned User

I can't at the moment, i'm kind of internetless. You should post pictures of games playing on your LCD!! I'd like to see them.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #18
merely human

How do I do that?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #19
Banned User

Boot up a game, take a picture, upload it to the web, show us?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:55 AM   #20
merely human

Take a picture with what? I don't have a camera.

Well, this would be a good approximation, I suppose.