You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat xbox 360 or plasma?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #21
Party On Dudes

okay i'm not gonna get a 360, but i actually think that 15" is well cute. where did you get it? sounds like a good deal at $300, some dodgy e-bay guy said he'll give me a 42" for $800 but it sounds dodgy to me. thanks y'all.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #22
merely human

Got my cute little pet from BestBuy. She can also double as a PC monitor as needed (I have a laptop so don't need). She was actually supposed to be $329 but got marked down to $279 (just a bit over $300 after sales tax):

Quote:
  • 4:3 aspect ratio for viewing standard TV in fullscreen format with selectable 16 mode
  • 3-2/2-2 pulldown for accurate reproduction of film-based sources
  • 1024 x 768 pixel resolution; accepts all major DTV signals, including 1080i, 720p and 480p, plus standard 480i
  • Smart Picture automatically adjusts picture settings to optimal levels
  • 130° horizontal and 110° vertical viewing angles make every seat the best in the house
  • 3D motion-adaptive deinterlacing and 2D digital comb filter deliver state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement
  • Picture-in-picture and split screen let you view one source while you keep your eye on another (only in PC mode)
  • Ultraslim LCD measures less than 6-3/4" deep; comes with table stand that can be converted to a wall mount for mounting TV on a wall
  • Inputs: 15-pin D-sub, 1 component video, 1 SVHS/AV with shared audio, 1 mini audio and RF
  • 2 built-in 3W stereo speakers with SAP/MTS stereo sound and Virtual Dolby Surround sound; Smart Sound keeps volume levels constant while flipping through channels and commercial breaks
  • V-Chip parental controls keep children from being exposed to undesirable material
  • Trilingual (English, French, Spanish) on-screen menus and convenient sleep timer
  • Standard remote
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #23
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Got my cute little pet from BestBuy. She can also double as a PC monitor as needed (I have a laptop so don't need). She was actually supposed to be $329 but got marked down to $279 (just a bit over $300 after sales tax):
That's a nice little TV you got there Trepsie.

Mine is a Samsung DLP, 46" TV. Broke in less than a month. But now that it is has been fixed, it's been running fine. Very sharp picture, but I haven't made full use of it yet. When I buy the 2 next gen consoles, and Sony's Blu-Ray DVD player, it will definitely see a lot more action.

Firefox rules
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #24
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
okay i'm not gonna get a 360, but i actually think that 15" is well cute. where did you get it? sounds like a good deal at $300, some dodgy e-bay guy said he'll give me a 42" for $800 but it sounds dodgy to me. thanks y'all.
Don't buy a TV like that on ebay. Those HD TV's are still new technology and they tend to break after a couple of years, so make sure you get a warranty with the TV.

Firefox rules
Old 06-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #25
Party On Dudes

thanks to you both, a friend of mine today said he can get me a 42" with warranty for £500, so it might just be a benefit to spend on that, even if it is still bloody expensive.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #26
merely human

What are the conditions of the warranty? Make sure they're to your advantage in case anything happens.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien