You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #41
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
A whole lotta scrubbing

Plecos and other catfish can only do so much, plus they get unhappy if their only diet is ambient tank slume. My tank also gets a bit of light, although the lone pleco in there is doing a pretty decent job at the moment. Introducing more current might also help. Maybe a powerhead?
Thanks, I think I will try a powerhead or two, the tank already has an internal and external filter, but I think there are parts, especially at the bottom, where the water isn't getting moved enough. Now all I have to do is find some extra plugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
If his tank is getting a lot of light, trying to reduce the amount that the tank is exposed to might help along with the plecos. Try a piece of black cardboard or poster board that you can use to block out the light for the times during the day when the light is strongest. Since you can't move the tank, this may help along with the plecos and increasing the water flow. Also make sure you aren't overfeeding and introducing excessive nutrients into the system.
Thankyou, I could try to rig something up to stop most of the light.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #42
Friendly Server Admin

FYI, one of the baby platys in my tank survived, apparently, so I now have a tiny sunburst platy swimming around in there

He's about 1/2" long
Old 03-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #43
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

I heard if you point a TV control at a fish and press the buttons it drives them crazy, is that true?
Old 03-31-2006, 05:18 AM   #44
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
It's not that. They're just all wet and I'm scared I might squish it in the process.

How can you NOT wanna hug it?

Oh, you meant that kittens have claws, didn't you?
I SO agree with you.. I love seahorses.. I wish they were bigger, and that I could have an aquarium with seahorses in it (I don't have an aquarium by the way) but they don't survive very long in captivity, and don't handle it well..

Well, well, I love cats too, but I'm not allowed to have a cat where I live..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 03-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #45
Explorer of the uncharted

I once owned a lone battle fish which would battle his own reflection for my amusement. One day I forgot the mirror in the bowl, and by the time I got back he was dead. I was so sad that day -_-
Old 03-31-2006, 08:38 AM   #46
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
It's not that. They're just all wet and I'm scared I might squish it in the process.

How can you NOT wanna hug it?

Oh, you meant that kittens have claws, didn't you?

I love sea horses, especially Sea Dragons. Look how beautiful they are!

Leafy Sea Dragon

Weedy Sea Dragon

They are so pretty, and look as if from another world, don't you think?
So cute!

I remember when the Zoo Frankfurt got their first few Leafy Sea Dragons. It was in the news, and everyone went to then Zoo to see the "Dragons". I was so excited, because as you know I love dragons (this time I was aware that it was just a name, and not the traditional kind of dragon, unlike that one time we went to the Chinese Circus and I was waiting to see the dragons [which were on tall sticks, and not alive. I still liked them, but I was a bit disappointed at seeing those small things. They could at least have one of the huge ones you always see at parades. They had Chinese Lions in the circus, you know.]. I remember that everyone was trying to get a look at them through the tiny window that allowed a view of their aquarium, and that we had to push through to get there. I can't remember if I still had to be lifted up to see something through the window, or if I was already tall enough to be able to look through it if I stood on the tips of my toes, but I know for sure that I loved the look of them.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:06 AM   #47
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Morning!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #48
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Morning!

Ah, yes. The Meaning of Life. John Cleese found it once, but he says he lost the post it he wrote it on. But he said that Fish were an important part of it.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:35 AM   #49
Friendly Server Admin

This is the breed of my baby fish (not my photo).

A carnival of fish (<-- page I made for a course )