You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The Journey Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage
Default The Journey Thread

Since threads here in "Chit Chat" always seem to get dragged relentlessly off-topic, I thought it might be interesting to start a thread with no fixed topic at all.
Something similar has been tried before with the "Off-Topic" thread, but I found that thread a bit irritating because so many people said cool things in that thread that I wanted to respond to and couldn't because of it's "all responses must be off-topic" rule.
Let's see where this thread goes. Respond to the post (or posts) prior to yours, or introduce a new topic as you see fit
Purely as a starting point, I'd like to say that I love the trend towards painting period bungalows in the rich earthtones they would originally have been painted, rather than boring white or grey.

Have fun, folks!

Share the love.

<3
Old 01-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Purely as a starting point, I'd like to say that I love the trend towards painting period bungalows in the rich earthtones they would originally have been painted, rather than boring white or grey.

Have fun, folks!
I don't really like paintings. Unless they're of naked girlies of course. I'm just trying to reaffirm my manly hetero status after getting 36% in the gay test. Time to walk to the kitchen in a manly strut for a beer.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 01-31-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

dont forget to clench your muscles
Old 01-31-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
dont forget to clench your muscles
My butt cheeks are firmly clenched, don't worry

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 01-31-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Robsie is Sexy!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Robsie is Sexy!
Why are flirting with Rob all of a sudden?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:54 AM   #7

Does anybody watch Pen and Teller's Bullshit? I recently caught an episode they did on male circumcision.

They claim that there has never been a conclusive study that proves that circumcision provides health benefits and sex for both males and females are better with a uncircumcised penis (they said something like a uncircumcised penis becomes naturally ribbed for her pleasure during intercourse as the foreskin peels back with penetration). Still parents have their babies circumcised and many women think having sex with uncircumcised men disgusting. All of that has to do with the public confining their behavior within the boundaries set by the social norm. They even showed this old guy who managed to stretch what remains of his foreskin so that his penis now is almost to its original condition. Unbelievable, right? But I guess it is doable. I don't think I will because it entails wearing a heavy weight like a pin with two metal balls that stretches the foreskin.

I must say that they made a convincing case. Almost enough to make me hate that my parents had me circumcised when I was a minor and I didn't have any say in the matter.

By the way, Bullshit airs on Showtime in the States. Don't you love Pay cable?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:00 PM   #8
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Why are flirting with Rob all of a sudden?
Because his a sexy god and I want his raw sexy goodness.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 01-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #9
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
My butt cheeks are firmly clenched, don't worry
stop you're making me wet.

Ok this is where I post the pic of RuPaul in the period bungalow.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:04 PM   #10
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by playing_games
Does anybody watch Pen and Teller's Bullshit? I recently caught an episode they did on male circumcision.

They claim that there has never been a conclusive study that proves that circumcision provides health benefits and sex for both males and females are better with a uncircumcised penis (they said something like a uncircumcised penis becomes naturally ribbed for her pleasure during intercourse as the foreskin peels back with penetration). Still parents have their babies circumcised and many women think having sex with uncircumcised men disgusting. All of that has to do with the public confining their behavior within the boundaries set by the social norm. They even showed this old guy who managed to stretch what remains of his foreskin so that his penis now is almost to its original condition. Unbelievable, right? But I guess it is doable. I don't think I will because it entails wearing a heavy weight like a pin with two metal balls that stretches the foreskin.

I must say that they made a convincing case. Almost enough to make me hate that my parents had me circumcised when I was a minor and I didn't have any say in the matter.

By the way, Bullshit airs on Showtime in the States. Don't you love Pay cable?
We get bullshit here too, but no pen and teller
Old 01-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #11
Schoolgirl From Hell

My flatmate loves to bullshit a lot.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 01-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #12
Chris Barraclough

I love Penn & Teller, but they're never on TV here anymore, since their brief channel 4 show. I agree with Karmillo, we get nowt good here these days. Only TV show I've been watching lately is the new 24, and that's downloaded. Anyone else seen it yet? The first 10 mins of the first episode are ****ed up!

Spoiler:
Poor old Palmer, I loved that guy. The new president is a little pussy, and his wife needs to be kicked off a very high cliff. I was never a fan of Michelle but I would've been pissed if they killed Tony. And I really wanted Jack to cut out Walt's eyes

Old 01-31-2006, 12:40 PM   #13
Bad Influence

Quote:

There are more effective and less extreme methods of foreskin restoration, most notably the "T-Tape" method. All of them are time-consuming, as you're actually growing new skin to replace what was removed.

Quote:
There is a growing movement devoted to protecting minors from unwanted genital surgery. You are not alone in your feelings. A Google search for the related terms can yield a wealth of information if you're interested.

Share the love.

<3
Old 01-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #14
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Even having read the above, I'm not quite sure I followed the flow from bungalows to circumcisions. Anyway, what "natural colors" did you mean, Scott? White may be boring, as well as all the pastels, but it does repel some of the summer heat. I'm not sure I'd like a house in dirt brown or moss green, though sky blue might be nice. If you mean the natural woods, then I would also like that.

Lynsie
Old 01-31-2006, 12:51 PM   #15
Chris Barraclough

Ahh, it seems like a natural enough conversation. Went from paintings to DaSilva facying Rob to Penn and Teller to circumcisions to 24 to paintings again. Typical pub converation

Old 01-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #16
Hitch-Hiker

A Gay pub by any chance?

_

Old 01-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #17
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Even having read the above, I'm not quite sure I followed the flow from bungalows to circumcisions. Anyway, what "natural colors" did you mean, Scott? White may be boring, as well as all the pastels, but it does repel some of the summer heat. I'm not sure I'd like a house in dirt brown or moss green, though sky blue might be nice. If you mean the natural woods, then I would also like that.

Lynsie
You nailed it. Dirt brown, moss green, rusty orange, ochre yellow, and kind of a warm caramelly-tan have been cropping up on lots of the local Craftsman-style bungalows around here lately. These are all colors that Gustav Stickley (father of the Craftsman movement) favored, as they are easily achievable with natural pigments and help a house blend in with it's natural surroundings.
Obviously these colors aren't suitable to every style of home, but they go very well with the multiple grouped windows, simple trim, and large overhanging eaves that are hallmarks of Craftsman-style homes.

Share the love.

<3
Old 01-31-2006, 01:05 PM   #18
Chris Barraclough

The only gay pub I've ever been in was one in Newcastle, and it played some quality 80s tunes It then turned into a scary RnB bar.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #19
Hitch-Hiker

R&B?! I hate rap. But I love sex, so thats my balance.

_

Old 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #20
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
R&B?! I hate rap. But I love sex, so thats my balance.
I like rap, but hate r&b. Plus me and my mates were the only white people in the entire club We got a few stares.