You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Perfect Dark Zero Sucks

View Poll Results: Saying PDZ is good is bad for your health.
Hell yeah it does! 10 47.62%
Meh....it aight. 3 14.29%
NO WAY DUDEZZZ! IT ROCKS! 0 0%
Other/I haven't played it. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 AM   #21
Epinionated.

BTW Burnout Revenge is being vamped up for 360. Didn't you know? Then there's Full Auto. Burnout looks more promising though.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:35 AM   #22
OUATIJ Creator

This game makes Daikatana look like Citizen Kane.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:36 AM   #23
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Im kinda dissapointed with most of the 360 launch titles...
DOA looks great but that wasnt out at launch
Condemd is ok, the Scripted events are great and the story looks promising but the combat is poor
Kameois just kinda confusing to control but i havent gave it much of a chance yet
COD2 would have been good but i already got that for the pc so there wasnt much point
and i wouldnt know about the racers, im not a fan of the realistic type....cant wait for a burnout game for the 360 though
The combat in Condemned is poor? That's the first I heard that. Having played the game, I thought it was FRIGGIN AWESOME!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #24
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Im kinda dissapointed with most of the 360 launch titles...
DOA looks great but that wasnt out at launch
Condemd is ok, the Scripted events are great and the story looks promising but the combat is poor
Kameois just kinda confusing to control but i havent gave it much of a chance yet
COD2 would have been good but i already got that for the pc so there wasnt much point
and i wouldnt know about the racers, im not a fan of the realistic type....cant wait for a burnout game for the 360 though
Yeah the launch was kinda weak. Call of Duty 2 was by far the best game in that lineup, but that was a game available for PC users 1 month before. PGR 3 is a good game, but really plays similar to the other PGR's, just looks better and not as good as Forza or Gran Turismo. PDZ sucked ass, and the other sports titles by EA were alright.

Firefox rules
Old 01-25-2006, 10:03 AM   #25
merely human

In other words, it was nothing but prettier graphics with unoriginal, unexciting gameplay, eh?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #26
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
In other words, it was nothing but prettier graphics with unoriginal, unexciting gameplay, eh?
Graphics are very pretty for the most part. Some are drop dead gorgeous. Gameplay... Not so much.

Firefox rules
Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 AM   #27
merely human

[graphics slut] That's okay. As long as it's shiny!!! [/graphics slut]

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-25-2006, 10:17 AM   #28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
[graphics slut] That's okay. As long as it's shiny!!! [/graphics slut]

Oh no worries then. You are in for a graphical Martini. But you gotta start saving for that HD or you'll miss all that graphical greatness.

Firefox rules
Old 01-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #29
merely human

Soccsie, I was joking. In the end prettier graphics might as well be there by default, but I want fresh gameplay above all. Indigo Prophecy was the most refreshing experience I've thus far of all the games I've played in the past year or so.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #30
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Soccsie, I was joking. In the end prettier graphics might as well be there by default, but I want fresh gameplay above all. Indigo Prophecy was the most refreshing experience I've thus far of all the games I've played in the past year or so.
Bioware already has 2 games lined up for the 360, so that should give us something to look forward to. And I know how much of a Sam Fisher slut you are Now you can see him in high def Hopefully there will be also more games like Indigo Prophecy and the City of Metronome will find a publisher.

Firefox rules
Old 01-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #31
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
There is no PC version.
I swear I saw screenshots for a PC version.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-25-2006, 10:27 AM   #32
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
BTW Burnout Revenge is being vamped up for 360. Didn't you know? Then there's Full Auto. Burnout looks more promising though.
Burnout is the best racing game ever. Revenge itakes it a little to the extreme in that it feels like you are playing bowling with cars, but that's what makes it so much fun. Except for the fact that my girlfriend Claire keeps winning
Full Auto looks awesome, and lucky you bastards can download its demo today.

Firefox rules
Old 01-25-2006, 10:32 AM   #33
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Bioware already has 2 games lined up for the 360, so that should give us something to look forward to.
Bioware does sexy things.

Quote:
And I know how much of a Sam Fisher slut you are Now you can see him in high def
Did someone say Sam F-F-F-Fisher?

< experiences double orgasm >

Quote:
Hopefully there will be also more games like Indigo Prophecy and the City of Metronome will find a publisher.
I actually have a very good feeling that in the next several years we'll see more original games for the 360.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #34
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Jesus, who gives a crap if a game was out at launch or not anymore? The launch has HAPPENED already and DOA is out NOW. Pissing on about the launch now doesn't make any difference now that DOa is out. By summer, when a ton of big hitters should've been release (SHOULD heh) then continuing banging on about the launch will seem even more like sour grapes.
Jeez calm down, I wasnt bashing it or anything just saying I was dissapointed with it, and I know DOA is out now but I dont have the money for it now
Moaning about the launch in the summer would be pretty stupid, but thats almost half a year off

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
The combat in Condemned is poor? That's the first I heard that. Having played the game, I thought it was FRIGGIN AWESOME!
The game is awesome but im not a big fan of the "hold the block button at the exact key second of the opponents attack or youll put your weapon down too soon" style of blocking, and the combat where your most powerfull move requites to push back taking you out of range to hit them is kinda annoying....and since you rarely get a gun whenever you run into an enemy with a firearm youll noboubt become neardeath...

sometime you can get lucky and hit them with your taser before they fire but that requires you to know theyre there, and the main spooks in the game play upon spawning enemies behind you to catch you off guard

I do like how disarming them doesnt exactly mean they are defensless, it pisses me off that they can hug me to death but its still pretty cool
Old 01-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #35

Quote:
That's how I felt about the game. It just felt really bland. I still voted that it was meh though, but that was probably because I only played coop, which is almost always fun, even when the game is complete shit.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:03 PM   #36
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Skip Perfect Dark Zero and pick up SiN Episodes.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-25-2006, 12:16 PM   #37
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Yeah the launch was kinda weak. Call of Duty 2 was by far the best game in that lineup, but that was a game available for PC users 1 month before. PGR 3 is a good game, but really plays similar to the other PGR's, just looks better and not as good as Forza or Gran Turismo. PDZ sucked ass, and the other sports titles by EA were alright.
Nobody in their right mind thinks the 360 launch was weak. Compared to other launches, it was pretty damn good. But we don't need to get into that again since we have a billion times already.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #38
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

It's more comfortable to label people insane for having their opinion, isn't it?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #39
Epinionated.

Depends if they have an insane opinion.

The launch was no better or worse than other consoles in the past, except the N64 which had a true next-gen leap in Mario 64. That's a truly awesome launch right there, but you can't expect launches like that all the time.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #40
SamNMax

1) Graphics weren't that impressive.

2) The game obviously does nothing spectacular, but it can still be fun.

3) I seem to remember quite a few people sucking Fable's dick when it got critcized for not living up to the hype. Apperently, you've all switched sides on that concept.

4) It doesn't "suck." It's average at least and good at best.

5) The 360's launch was really good.

6) Once A Villain likes movies. I get it.

7) It's trendy to hate the 360 and Microsoft.

8) Thread ruined.