You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #48041
Lazy Bee

I just watched the final episode of Battlestar Galactica. Imho the best scifi show ever.
What do I watch now....?
I'm depressed!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #48042
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I just watched the final episode of Battlestar Galactica. Imho the best scifi show ever.
What do I watch now....?
I'm depressed!
Have you seen Firefly? Six Feet Under? Dexter?

Agree with Battlestar Galactica being the best scifi show ever. Well, together with Firefly, but they're hardly comparable...
Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #48043
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
Have you seen Firefly? Six Feet Under? Dexter?

Agree with Battlestar Galactica being the best scifi show ever. Well, together with Firefly, but they're hardly comparable...
Thanks Tim! I haven't seen any of the series you mention, but I have a grasp on what Dexter and Six Feet Under are about. They haven't attracted my attention before. Firefly is totally unknown for me. Will check it out.

Last edited by Jelena; 04-06-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #48044
Filmfreak

Firefly is a western sci-fi series. Cowboys in space, so to speak. It was cancelled during its first season, but overwhelming fan support lead to Fox giving creator Joss Whedon 40 million dollars to make a movie (Serenity) to wrap the series up.
The series has some of the greatest characters ever, and it's very funny to boot.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #48045
Lazy Bee

Just checked how easy it is to buy in Sweden. It seems I have to get on international ebay to get it since not even the best Swedish web store here has it.

I'm soon going to experience serious withdrawal symptoms if I don't get my daily sci fi kick. One solution is to watch the entire B.G series again. But I'd rather wait at least a year or more to do so. And yes, I've watched S.T Voyager and D.S9 twice.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #48046
Filmfreak

May I suggest www.play.com? Free delivery to most European countries... ;-)

It's where I buy most of my DVDs and games...
Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #48047
Failed Birthday Elf

A is for Apple Pie.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #48048
Life and times of...

If you've watched The Big Bang Theory or anything of the likes, you've probably seen a reference to Firefly - usually so that it's a flashback and the geeks are anticipating that it will continue for years to come (because I guess it was a good show).
Old 04-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #48049
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
If you've watched The Big Bang Theory or anything of the likes, you've probably seen a reference to Firefly - usually so that it's a flashback and the geeks are anticipating that it will continue for years to come (because I guess it was a good show).
I saw that episode.
They were mostly mocking the fact that it got cancelled during its first season. It got cancelled because of low audience numbers, not because of low ratings.
The few people that did watch it, loved it to death. And rightfully so...
Old 04-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #48050
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

C is for Castle, Nathan Filion's current series. This scene, from a Halloween themed episode in season 2, features a hilarious nod to Firefly. (Other Firefly/Serenity references occasionally pop up in Castle. )
Old 04-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #48051
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
I saw that episode.
Of course, it has been mentioned in quite a few other episodes as well
Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #48052
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #48053
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Just checked how easy it is to buy in Sweden. It seems I have to get on international ebay to get it since not even the best Swedish web store here has it.

I'm soon going to experience serious withdrawal symptoms if I don't get my daily sci fi kick. One solution is to watch the entire B.G series again. But I'd rather wait at least a year or more to do so. And yes, I've watched S.T Voyager and D.S9 twice.
If you have a chance watch the Dresden Files.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #48054
kamikaze hummingbirds

Anyone want to go on a date with me?
PLEEEAASE?
Old 04-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #48055
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Sure, I'll go on a date with you, Hammie... However, my idea of the perfect date would be impossible under existing international laws, but would include a lot of humiliation, a sound spanking, and of course, Xbox 360 gaming, Mountain Dew, sushi and chocolate fingers.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #48056
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
Sure, I'll go on a date with you, Hammie... However, my idea of the perfect date would be impossible under existing international laws, but would include a lot of humiliation, a sound spanking, and of course, Xbox 360 gaming, Mountain Dew, sushi and chocolate fingers.
Doesn't sound like it's against international laws...
Old 04-08-2012, 03:51 AM   #48057
Beamin' Demon

I didn't want to scare my potential date away, so I left out the parts about being chained up and filmed in dozens of undignified poses in my dungeon, as well as the mandatory written exams on Baroque art and architecture and/or discrete mathematics. Did I already mention the Mountain Dew?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #48058
Filmfreak

That's it. I'm reporting this clear breach of the Geneva Convention.
Expect to hear from the International Criminal Court soon...
Old 04-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #48059
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

As the (self-)appointed representative of the International Criminal Court, I'm afraid that I cannot allow this sort of vile behaviour to continue. Nor can I allow it the continued oxygen of publicity.

To this end, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to terminate this Thread™ with immediate effect.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #48060
Filmfreak