You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Taking a trip the Kate Walker way (a.k.a. SquareJaw and Mira get it on)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #61
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Great photo, Squarejaw!
You and Mira really do make a cute couple.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #62
Banned User

Yeah, I gotta admit, they do. But what if they don't dig each other once they meet in person? In fact, what if they can't STAND each other?

Plus, you have to think, what if the whole flirting on the forums thing was a joke, and maybe they just wanna be friends?
Old 11-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #63
Bad Influence

Are you trying to tell me something, Temp?

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #64
merely human

He's projecting, Scottsie. I dunno what, but he's projecting something.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #65
Banned User

Yup. Banana hammocks are saaaaaaxy.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #66
Super Moderator

Relationships go where they are meant to. This one will be no different. Regardless of where it does go, they are both richer people for having met each other. So no more fretting.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #67
merely human

Maybe we should all pitch in and get Mira and squaresie a banana hammock for a better chance.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #68
Bad Influence

I'm sure Squarejaw packed several, most likely in decorator shades.

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-04-2005, 07:45 PM   #69
Banned User

Nah, he only needed one.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #70
merely human

Eiw!! IT TAPERS!!
Old 11-05-2005, 03:07 AM   #71
Chris Barraclough

I've seen those in Ann Summers, I think if you pull the end it makes an elephant noise. A fun christmas present for all the family

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-05-2005, 05:33 AM   #72
Schoolgirl From Hell

Third day report -

Erm... I'm back! kinda a lazy day today... ish... went to Eid celebrations at the Malaysian embassy and ate food and are currently contemplating going out later... been examined thoroughly by lots of Mira's friends!

Unfortunately I forgot my banana hammock, and only have marrow-sized.

HAVE FUN Y'ALL!

B

ps: Forgot to add that we got lost in a forest of minks, furs and leather in the cloak room while looking for our jackets when we wanted to leave. Plus the security guards at Mira's place keep making fun of me... plus I keep getting fed every single moment by someone! And Mira's forcing me to eat my veggies...

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 11-05-2005, 05:43 AM   #73
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Hey, SJH, how come we haven't heard from Mira? And did you bring her a present? How are you two getting along? It sounds like you're having fun, anyway.

Lynsie
Old 11-05-2005, 05:52 AM   #74
Schoolgirl From Hell

I ate her with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Heheheh... Mira can't think of anything to say I have done already. Plus I'm the funny man. Also, while she's holding the tazer to my neck, she doesn't feel the need to type as I transfer my entire bank account to her one in Switzerland.

Anyhoo, other than my life savings, I brought her truffles, chocolate and tea from Harrods... we're getting on well, no worries, she hasn't pulled the trigger yet so I'm doing something right.

But for now I shall remain aloof and mysterious.

B

Old 11-05-2005, 06:01 AM   #75
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarejaw
Third day report -

Erm... I'm back! kinda a lazy day today... ish... went to Eid celebrations at the Malaysian embassy and ate food and are currently contemplating going out later... been examined thoroughly by lots of Mira's friends!
Quite an interesting change of pace, going from being a regular bloke to being an exotic and mysterious traveler, isn't it?

Quote:
Unfortunately I forgot my banana hammock, and only have marrow-sized.
*raises one eyebrow*

Quote:
HAVE FUN Y'ALL!

B

ps: Forgot to add that we got lost in a forest of minks, furs and leather in the cloak room while looking for our jackets when we wanted to leave.
Neato! I'm torn between finding that incredibly sexy and thinking that might make an interesting timed puzzle for one of our beloved adventure games.
Quote:
Plus the security guards at Mira's place keep making fun of me...
Because you're a whole head taller than everyone else, or for some other reason?
Quote:
Plus I keep getting fed every single moment by someone! And Mira's forcing me to eat my veggies...
Getting fed is good...it means they like you already!

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-05-2005, 08:57 AM   #76
Friendly Server Admin

Welcome to eastern Europe, where everyone's initial reaction is to stuff newcomers full of food as a preliminary greeting
Old 11-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #77
Schoolgirl From Hell

Hey everyone! It's me... Mira! No really, stop looking at me like that! It is me!

Hmph SJH is not telling you the full story, though. Let's start with the first day. SJH totally freaked out and thought I'd abandoned him at the airport when I didn't turn up on time. Well, urm... it was one of those days when things are supposed to go wrong. So I was kinda late, so what? In the meantime, the poor bloke was getting harrassed by taxi drivers and had been evading them by speaking Italian... until one taxi driver started responding in Italian too, thinking he is Italian!

Anyways, I finally turned up (one hour later, sheepish) with my friend Suresh. And oh I should mention that I actually brought a pan with me, in case SJH might have trouble recognising me, but apparently he did not have any trouble at all since anyone could spot me miles away with my red hair and my red jacket! Basically I stood out from the sea of black and gray

Going back to the city from the airport was not a problem However I did make one big boo boo when I did not pay attention as I slipped in the metro card into the machine and instructed SJH to walk through. Unfortunately I forgot to pull it back out and uh oh the security gate just raised up out of no where and slammed poor SJH right in the uh... you know... I was so friggin' embarassed as SJH howled in pain! And he was still stuck there for a few seconds... the Russian security lady who was watching simply glared at us, as if thinking "Stoopid tourists!"

So, we took a ride in the Metro and when we reached the Brown Line, Suresh had to go as he had to meet his friends someone else, so it was up to me to take SJh to his hotel. Sure, no prob... right Right?! I mean, he printed out the map and all and it all looked easy as pie... until we started to follow the direction on the map, that's when I realized how awful the map was constructed! Poor SJh was hoisting his big-ass rucksack on his burning shoulder blades as I groused and scowled my way, navigating the way. Well, we did find the place in the after a good 45 minutes walk around the area. It was fun! Until we discovered that we missed the 5 minutes shortcut between the hotel and the metro station... Like a barrel of monkeys...

Second day in Moscow, and I took SJH to the main place: the Red Square! Unfortunately, we couldn't have picked a lousy day as there was a parade going on - some Russian holiday, and no foreigners were allowed to the Red Square. Like, what the?! Hmph! Back in Malaysia, we love showing off for the benefit of tourists. Russians don't know how to pull off a good tourist business. But we did have fun snapping pictures here, there, everywhere and we went had lunch at GUM and I got to flirt with this really cute guy behind the chicken grill (SJH says "pfft!" )

Only about 4 or 5 in the evening did we finally get to walk around the Red Square. That's the picture you guys saw .

Today, I took SJH to the Malaysian embassy for the Eid celebration. SJH thought that I'd been exagerrating about the Malaysian' love for food until he saw the amount of people turned up at the embassy and our response when the food was served... he took some pictures I forgot to warned him though that some of the dishes were spicy

Aw people loved SJH at the embassy! There were little children staring at him and one uncle-looking man struck up a conversation with SJH. Everyone wanted to make sure that SJH had eaten something.

Then we went home and took a snore... whew what a day!

For the past two nights been cooking for SJH. Such a terrible eater! Never finishes his food! Bad bad tsk tsk! All of us been feeding SJH... my friends came up to say hi to SJH and I got the feeling he was getting all shy with the attention

Cooked dinner again today. Maybe I should make him wash the dishes

p/s: SJH thinks I'm a control freak when it comes to cooking and cleaning...

Old 11-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #78
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
p/s: SJH thinks I'm a control freak when it comes to cooking and cleaning...
Erm no. That's squaresie being a classic bachelor slob who doesn't know the concept of cooking and cleaning.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:57 AM   #79
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Erm no. That's squaresie being a classic bachelor slob who doesn't know the concept of cooking and cleaning.
You say that like it's a bad thing, Trep ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #80
merely human

You say that like you're trying to worm your way out of being thought of that way, Lacey.