You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #1

Default Until Im gone- a new project

I would like to present you our new project, adventure game called Until I´m gone, its an indie game from czech free game developers- Faraway Studios. For more information and screenshoots you can visit the the pages of Faraway S.

Here are some screens from the game (larger variants can be found on the web).

Old 08-19-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
kamikaze hummingbirds

Looks good but shouldn't this be in the Underground section?
Old 08-20-2005, 12:03 AM   #3
Banned User

Why do indie game makers seem to make only adventures?
Old 08-20-2005, 12:20 AM   #4
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamn
I would like to present you our new project, adventure game called Until I´m gone, its an indie game from czech free game developers- Faraway Studios. For more information and screenshoots you can visit the
My emoldening. Is this anything like gluten free cereal?

I wouldn't keep the czechs out of game development. The ones I've worked with were great.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-20-2005, 12:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
I dont know, im new to this forum .
Old 08-20-2005, 12:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
My emoldening. Is this anything like gluten free cereal?

I wouldn't keep the czechs out of game development. The ones I've worked with were great.
Whats "emoldening" ? Dont know, and didnt find it in dictionary either. Im also afraid i didnt get the meaning from "Is this anything like gluten free cereal" , what means that :-)?
And thanks for approbation, at least i have understand it that way :-)
Old 08-20-2005, 01:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Here's one of the many sites covering indie games (mostly shareware): http://www.gametunnel.com/html/index.php

As you can see, there's quite a lot of variety. And then there's all the free stuff, like tons of weird japanese shooters, et.c., et.c. Adventures make up a relatively small proportion of the indie scene.

On-topic: Nice screens, I especially like this one http://faraway.ic.cz/webdata/picture...tnost-nova.jpg
Old 08-20-2005, 03:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi
Here's one of the many sites covering indie games (mostly shareware): http://www.gametunnel.com/html/index.php

As you can see, there's quite a lot of variety. And then there's all the free stuff, like tons of weird japanese shooters, et.c., et.c. Adventures make up a relatively small proportion of the indie scene.

On-topic: Nice screens, I especially like this one http://faraway.ic.cz/webdata/picture...tnost-nova.jpg
thanks ,yeah pretty, but most of the team likes the outdoor scene on snow.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars

Thank god for them making adventure games! Most mainstream companies do not make good adventure games and those that do, don't make as many adventure as other genres. Besides, indie makers tend to be like me, they like good adventure games and then the result is you get a good game you really like playing.

i think this looks like a good game although i don't quite get the concept except a haunted hotel where the guy is hiding out with this girlfriend from his wife?
Old 08-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy
Thank god for them making adventure games! Most mainstream companies do not make good adventure games and those that do, don't make as many adventure as other genres. Besides, indie makers tend to be like me, they like good adventure games and then the result is you get a good game you really like playing.

i think this looks like a good game although i don't quite get the concept except a haunted hotel where the guy is hiding out with this girlfriend from his wife?
no, where do you get the haunted hotel? The guy (nathan) is also not hidding from his wife, he got a call from his girlfriend who tells him he must arrive. Is the english translation of the pages bad?
Besides, we havent get out much information about the story, and we have a good reason for that... We hope you´ll be suprised with it.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #11

It really looks very pretty. When do you estimate the release will be? Anyway, please keep us informed!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:30 AM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum, roamn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
Only if the game is going to be free when it's finished.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #13

Quote:
no, where do you get the haunted hotel? The guy (nathan) is also not hidding from his wife, he got a call from his girlfriend who tells him he must arrive. Is the english translation of the pages bad?
Besides, we havent get out much information about the story, and we have a good reason for that... We hope you´ll be suprised with it.

I either read it wrong or it is not a great english translation because I read something about a wife and i was like huh?

Will this game be free or will it be in stores to buy? I'd love to play it!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:29 AM   #14

For all who asked about the the "price of the game"- there will by NONE, the game will be totally free, really you can bet on us, we dont have any "money" plans, at least not with this project. The realese date is estimate something between December 2005 and February 2006. Because the game takes places in Winter we want to release it in Winter season :-).
I apologize for forgettin to mention the price and release date on the website, we must forgett to write it there.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:30 AM   #15

BTW what do you think about the translation the website of faraway studios to english? Good bad, poor :-)?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 AM   #16
Gombeto

yea, looks really gr8
Old 08-21-2005, 08:28 AM   #17

Quote:
BTW what do you think about the translation the website of faraway studios to english? Good bad, poor :-)?

I don't think its very good and this is why and what got me mixed up when reading what the game was about, ill bold it but this is from your site:

Quote:
Until I'm gone (not final name) is our first game. It is horror 3rd person adventure build on czech WME (WinterMute Engine). In spirit of an old good adventures this game will contain pre-rendered scenes, in which will move real-time 3D models of characters (something like Syberia).
The story is taking place in calm and silent mountain village on christmas. Main hero, Nathan, is a manager of small account. Nathan was looking forward to having nice christmas holiday with his family in the warm of home, near the family fireplace. Instead, his girlfriend calls him to come immedietaly to her, but Nathan refuses to. Under the condition, that his girlfriend will say everything to Nathan's wife, Nathan is brought to his knees and agrees. He makes a lie to his wife and comes to "calm" and "silent" village. He meets his girlfrined immediately after coming in a hotel room, spends there nearly an hour. Nathan, really pissed off with that, what he heard from his girlfriend, tries to leave the village... but terrible blizzard is on its way, now it's really impossible to leave..especially in car.
Nathan, really burned up, decides to stay in that hotel over night....

you explained to me that it is about a man and his wife, however i read that it was a man who was cheating on his wife with a girlfriend and was going to tell his wife but he met his girlfriend at this hotel who made him mad, so he stayed at the hotel. I apologize if I have gotten this wrong, we both could just be miscommunicating to one another.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:45 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy
I don't think its very good and this is why and what got me mixed up when reading what the game was about, ill bold it but this is from your site:

you explained to me that it is about a man and his wife, however i read that it was a man who was cheating on his wife with a girlfriend and was going to tell his wife but he met his girlfriend at this hotel who made him mad, so he stayed at the hotel. I apologize if I have gotten this wrong, we both could just be miscommunicating to one another.
Oh... yes we must be really "miscommunicatinging" :-). Nathan (main) hero got a call from his girlfriend, he is brought on knees by her and he must visit her. They meet at the hotel, Nathan spends some time there and then he wants to leave (go back home, its christmas), but he is caught in the village due to blizzard. Thats of course only the beginning of many things, the beginning of the story, not the story itself :-)!

Last edited by roamn; 08-24-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:04 AM   #19
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Oh... yes we must be really "miscommunicatinging" :-). Nathan (main) hero got a call from his girlfriend, he is brought on knees by her and he must visit her. They meet at the hotel, Nathan spends some time there and then he wants to leave (go back home, its christmas), but he is caught in the village due to blizzard. Thats of course only the begging of many things, the begging of the story, not the story itself :-)!
i just want to know if you've been using stuff like the google translator because they usually simply translate words and do nothing about grammar... still, sounds good.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Oh... yes we must be really "miscommunicatinging" :-). Nathan (main) hero got a call from his girlfriend, he is brought on knees by her and he must visit her. They meet at the hotel, Nathan spends some time there and then he wants to leave (go back home, its christmas), but he is caught in the village due to blizzard. Thats of course only the begging of many things, the begging of the story, not the story itself :-)!

Ahhh thank you, that is much more clear to me and again, can't wait to play it. Where can I play the other game you made? Is it available to download or buy anyplace?