You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 05:58 AM   #1

Default Junction Point (Working Title)

Just thought it would be nice to announce that a small group of adventure gamers are making a cyberpunk adventure set in the Deus Ex universe, between the two games. We're going to be using an in-house engine to create a 2d Isometric point n' click interface. More details will come soon, there is a website but the lack of content makes me wary to post it at this time.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
Headbanger

Sounds great, can't wait to hear more about it.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Indeed! Please do keep us updated on the project!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:25 AM   #4

Rather unsurprisingly I suppose, our little project is now dead.

It was not, as in many cases, the lack of programmers and artists that presented a particular problem, but rather our inability to focus on the storyline and create something cohesive and sophisticated.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetuallyStuck
Rather unsurprisingly I suppose, our little project is now dead.

It was not, as in many cases, the lack of programmers and artists that presented a particular problem, but rather our inability to focus on the storyline and create something cohesive and sophisticated.
IMO, your first mistake was dirrectly tieing it the the Dues Ex universe. Create your own universe, don't follow the rules of someone elses, you're just limiting yourself and your storytelling capabilities.

It's not like Dues Ex has a copywrite on Black Trenchcoats and wearing Sunglasses at night
Old 07-07-2004, 08:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Adventurer
IMO, your first mistake was dirrectly tieing it the the Dues Ex universe. Create your own universe, don't follow the rules of someone elses, you're just limiting yourself and your storytelling capabilities.

It's not like Dues Ex has a copywrite on Black Trenchcoats and wearing Sunglasses at night
You have a point I suppose... it became a game in the Deus Ex universe due to a natural series of progression though.

Person on Ion Storm Forum says Deus Ex 2 sucks -> Another person challenges them to do better -> Guy says he can, plans Deus Ex text adventure -> Other people join team (including me!) -> Original person disappears -> The remaining people decide that graphics are better than text -> Thus we end up making a Deus Ex game.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetuallyStuck
You have a point I suppose... it became a game in the Deus Ex universe due to a natural series of progression though.

Person on Ion Storm Forum says Deus Ex 2 sucks -> Another person challenges them to do better -> Guy says he can, plans Deus Ex text adventure -> Other people join team (including me!) -> Original person disappears -> The remaining people decide that graphics are better than text -> Thus we end up making a Deus Ex game.
Ah now I see, I guess Dues Ex was the pin tieing it all together then.

Would have been cool to see at anyrate.