You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 PM   #1

Default Timanfaya

Hi,

I'm a german underground-adventure-developer and my project is called 'Timanfaya'. It's gonna be a short SightSeeing-Adventure of the canary-island Lanzarote, 3rd-person. Everything is selfmade: gfx, sounds, music and engine. I know, that most people here don't speak German, but you can watch the pics, download the trailer or the new MakingOf (MusicClip with a song).

Pics:
http://timanfaya.chromeflowers.de/grafik.php

Downloads:
http://timanfaya.chromeflowers.de/downloads.php

Perhaps it's interesting for someone.
Thanks for comments.

Martin Lassahn
Old 07-09-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
Citizen of Bizarro World

Hey Martin. That's a very intriguing project you've got going there. I'm interested--
1.) were you actually there for vacation and took those pictures in mind of an adventure project you wanted to make...or did you find someone else's collection of vacation photos and decided to stitch a game together from the available material?
2.) Have you done some editing to the photos to phase out photo-realistic characters in movement, or did you just wait for your view to be people-free? Is your water animated in any way? (I imagine short videos of the scene with a digital camera would give you several good stills you could then loop)
3.) Will your engine support character shading in accordance to the environment? While your player model is very well done, he seems dark on all your screenshots, and I wondered whether his shade of color would change when walking into the light etc...

That's about all the questions I have--Maybe they're answered on your site, but I don't know German...Which actually brings me to another question--will the website and game be translated to English? Thanks, and good luck.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 07-09-2004, 11:07 AM   #3

@Mares: Thanks for your interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
1.) were you actually there for vacation and took those pictures in mind of an adventure project you wanted to make...or did you find someone else's collection of vacation photos and decided to stitch a game together from the available material?
I was for two weeks on vacation there and I planned before which shots I need. Overall I made 500 pics only for the game.

Quote:
2.) Have you done some editing to the photos to phase out photo-realistic characters in movement, or did you just wait for your view to be people-free? Is your water animated in any way? (I imagine short videos of the scene with a digital camera would give you several good stills you could then loop)
Both: I waited for the right moment and perspective. But some famous places it is impossible to make an 'empty' picture. So I patched all pictures. All water is animated. You will see flying birds, waterfalls, clouds passing by, etc.

Quote:
3.) Will your engine support character shading in accordance to the environment? While your player model is very well done, he seems dark on all your screenshots, and I wondered whether his shade of color would change when walking into the light etc...
Did you see the trailer? There you can see, that the handdrawn-model is affected by the light and shadows.

I'm not sure to translate the Site/Game to English. We will see.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
Citizen of Bizarro World

well, from what I've heard/seen of your game, you just gotta!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 07-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #5

Wow, that's really neat. I'm surprised how nice it looks.

I wish I could read german.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey