You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Underground Scene of the Day - Friday 20 April 2007

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 05:36 AM   #1
Elegantly copy+pasted

Default Underground Scene of the Day - Friday 20 April 2007

Like a lot of people, I've been waiting more or less patiently for this game for the last three years. It's a very ambitious project, both visually, technically and in terms of subject matter, and I always like to see games that stretch the possibilities a bit.

By the way, the screenshot hasn't been available since The Inventory went offline, so I'd like to thank Simo and Amerzone for giving me a chance to get hold of the December 2003 issue again.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
Dungeon Master

From the lack of updates for more than a year, I figured Shadowplay must be on hold. Isn't it? I'd still certainly rush to download it if it was suddenly released, but I can't say I am literally waiting for it anymore. My excitement sort of diluted over time.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #3

Nah, it's not on hold, just proceeding very slowly. The reason that there hasn't been any updates is that the thread was locked, and I wouldn't bother getting it unlocked until I had something truly newsworthy to post. You can expect some news, a tech demo and a website for the game within the not too distant future.

Truth be told, the preview in The Inventory was a bit premature, but I'm still glad that I jumped at the chance when Dimitris offered it. In a roundabout way it led to my current job as a games journalist, two years of working for EA and in turn to me meeting my lovely girlfriend.

Edit: Here's a higher res version of the screenshot. Looking at the sky it seems that I pushed the contrast a bit too much for those screenshots. This is the version currently in the game, but there will also be a sunny (closer to the Inventory screenshot) and a night setting for the same location.

Last edited by GarageGothic; 04-26-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:55 PM   #4
Dungeon Master

Good to hear!