You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Default Walkcycle generation tool

Thought I should let people using other AG development tools know about my walkcycle generator, which now does forward views and lets you edit the XML files it loads so you can modify the skeleton, etc to make back views, etc or any you like:

http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=26501

I hope someone can make use of it!

Last edited by SSH; 05-19-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
kamikaze hummingbirds

as i said on AGS, itd be cool if it did front and back views, but there easy to do anyway.
VERY USEFUL THANKS!!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
Psycho Game Maker

It does.
Mikes Room
Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 AM   #4
King Silly

Thought a little bump wouldn't hurt. I just wanted to expres my gratitude; this program saved me a lot of time. Eventhough I'm not using AGS, images can be saved of each cycle part.

I really spent before this hours and hourse to draw animations and still couldn't get it right and it always looked somehow retarded. With this nifty little program, all I had to do was put my characters in little pieces ( cropped selections of body parts) and load them on this program and it did all the work for me and I'm very satisfied with the animation made with just few clicks. Thank you and highly recommended.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #5
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Thanks for the nice comments. I've been working on version 2.0 with an improved user interface, using the new AGS 3.0 beta editor so let me know if you'd like to beta test, or if you have any suggestions for improvement.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #6
King Silly

One suggestion pops my mind immediately. I faced one problem when I did this: the program desides to resize my pictures to adjust window size, so when I saved animations, they made the picture/s smaller than my original character portrait was. I noticed this when in started animate in game my walk, the character size goes down notable when he strarts to walk and I would have to resize every image separately to match the correct size and it's kinda pain.

Maybe there was something I didn't figure, but it would be easier if I could just keep the original image size instead of adjusting it to 320x240. So I'm not sure if it is possible with this to animate bit larger characters and keep their size?

edit: and doesn't seem to work correctly on higher resolution, for instance when try to colour something it colours only every other pixel ( with smallest possible brush size), so it was probably meant for 320x240 strictly?

Last edited by MikaelS; 10-19-2007 at 01:06 AM.