You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Psycho Game Maker

Default Release of AM 4.4 Beta1

Dear AM users and forum members,

I am happy to announce the release of AM 4.4 Beta1, which allows you to create online point-and-click (or should I say "point-and-tap" Wink ) games and applications optimized for the iPhone and the iPodTouch!

You can download it from the following URL (16MB):
http://www.cogiware.com/am/am44beta1.exe

The first attached screenshot shows the window that allows selecting the target platform. Notice that you can choose between the landscape horizontal orientation and the portrait vertical orientation of the device. In the second attached screenshot you can see the updated "Project Properties" window.

I must admit that I haven't tested the produced games directly on the iPhone / iPodTouch yet (I don't have one right now). However, I have tested it on Safari for Mac, and it is supposed to work the same way as on the portable device. I will test it on a real device as soon as possible.

The Beta1 update also features the following changes since the Alpha1 of last week:

* New "Jump to Desktop" button in the "Load Project"/"New Project" windows.

* Fixed the bug reported by cpkspikyhair concerning the Export to HTML command ("have the program filter out any unusable characters on the internet uploads that are in our filenames, mainly #'s, and replace them with underscores. Simply replacing the characters with underscores would have been potentially dangerous because two different files could have ended up with the same name (ex: "my#file.jpg" and "my$file.jpg"). So, instead of replacing with underscores, the names of the files are now sequential (0001, 0002, etc.). In a future revision I will try to make the file names less obvious to guess.

* Attempt to fix the VBScript bug reported by buxton. The script engine language is now reinitialized when the game starts. I hope the bug is fixed now, but we must wait for the confirmation.

* New option under the Project Properties, called "Right-click opens the inventory" (see attached screenshot 3). When the option is selected, right-click controls the inventory instead of controlling the menu.

In this case, unless you have checked "completely hide the menus" (formerly named "remove the drop-down menu at the top of the screen"), the menus are accessible from the inventory, by clicking on the tool icon (see attached screenshot 4). They are also accessible by pressing the Esc key.

Of course this is an optional behavior. If you don't select the new option, the old behavior remains unchanged.

Please feel free to comment on the new features.

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2...pic.php?t=3239
Mikes Room
Old 10-19-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
Adventurer Wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Heriberto Valle

That's so awesome! I'll be sure to try it out later on the day!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
Psycho Game Maker

Be sure to check the forum for more updates to it.
Mikes Room