You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 'And Then There Were None' Screenshots

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 12:24 AM   #41
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Quote:
You inferred there's not enough talent, or maybe no talent at all, in the adventure genre. How am I supposed to interpret that?
Actually, he implied it. "Infer" means "to interpret." "Imply" means "to suggest."

*runs away*

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 07-14-2005, 02:03 AM   #42
OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veksu
Why make 3d game that handles just like 2d when you can make lively and interesting world that you can explore freely?
There's nothing wrong with making an all 3D that can be explored freely, but it comes down to taste. I prefer a 3D game that uses cinematic angles ala Broken Sword 3. It maintains the fixed angle nature of the 2D counterpart, but it allows the camera to move to the next "screen" without cutting to it(unless you have to because of a level file change). You can also pull off a few tricks like zooms that can be used to draw attention to something.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:11 AM   #43
[Insert important title]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat
There's nothing wrong with making an all 3D that can be explored freely, but it comes down to taste. I prefer a 3D game that uses cinematic angles ala Broken Sword 3.
Here you are completely right about it comes to taste part. Like i hated Broken Sword 3 for its badly done character animations compared to two first games. Surprisingly i hoped that BS3 would used GK3 engine

By the way, is BS3 worthy of finishing? I lost my interest playing when you had to do that stupid guard avoiding stuff in mansion. I hate that kind of puzzles, they dont belong in true adventure games.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:13 AM   #44
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemelChelovek
Actually, he implied it. "Infer" means "to interpret." "Imply" means "to suggest."
Thanks, it was really late here and I completely confused the words.

Not that he cared to explain anyway...