You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure I Got The Black Mirror!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2003, 03:53 AM   #61
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/descript...+&pid=90046445

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 11-03-2003, 04:02 AM   #62
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Thanks. That's funny, I searched for it but didn't find it. Weird. Must be my lack of sleep. :eek:

Anyway I'm waiting a bit longer before I use my creditcard. But I'm getting a bit desperate.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:06 AM   #63
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
Thanks. That's funny, I searched for it but didn't find it. Weird. Must be my lack of sleep. :eek:

Anyway I'm waiting a bit longer before I use my creditcard. But I'm getting a bit desperate.
You need to click the 'games' link before you search. Otherwise it just searches the DVD section...
Old 11-03-2003, 04:11 AM   #64
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
You need to click the 'games' link before you search. Otherwise it just searches the DVD section...
Oooops. Right, I got it.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:54 AM   #65
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Whoa, BS3 is available for pre-order for $57 Canadian, which is really cheap, in pounds, at least... I know of somewhere in the UK I can get it cheaper, but it's still cheap cheap cheap.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM   #66

Send a message via ICQ to Firefoot Send a message via MSN to Firefoot

Yahoo Finance is very usefull in currency conversion btw...

Emma is unbeatable, but here are My DVD's...
Old 03-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #67
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera
Default Black Mirror question (and coments on demo)

I just played the Black Mirror demo (v.1.2) Yeah, I know I'm a bit late, because I was thinking of buying an Adventure Triple pack, which includes Black Mirror, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, and the Watchmaker, for 99kr/16$

The demo was somewhat intriguing, enough to make me almost decide to buy the triple pack, I at least want to play JCE, and I'll play Black Mirror and probably The Watchmaker if I buy it, but I have one big problem with the demo (besides the easy puzzles and the stuttering and freezing, which I think is my memory being chugged..)
In the demo I couldn't save! I need to know if I can save in the game. I looked everywhere for a save button, and the only thing I found was some small gears up in the right corner, which, when pressed took me out into the main menu. When I tried re-entering the game level, it was restarted..

The puzzles in the demo was extremely easy, (which is something coming from me, who always uses walkthroughs..) I was stuck once, and that was because the game was being illogical.
Spoiler:
I hit the brick at the caretakers window with the hammer, he comes out telling me to stop, so I think "I'm doing this wrong" and go look for something else.. After fixing the drug I try the window again, with everything I can think of, and in the end the hammer again, when he says "I can't hit there, he'll hear" or something like that.. But hitting just a bit lower down, which makes the same noise, is completely okay and removes part of the brick..

and isn't "look a locked door with a key on the other side" extremely, completely overused!?

the mine sequence was a bit funny, because I wasn't aware that you could
Spoiler:
die, I'm used to the protagonist going "I can't touch that with my bare hands", so when he died from the shock, I broke out in laughter,
which afterwards made me think I probably agree with the reviewer that I don't like the protagonist..

The "end puzzle" (black and white stone board puzzle) was extremely easy, (or, I hope it's not the end puzzle, or else this game can't be much of a challenge..) not only is it explained on the board what you should do, but the solution was drawn in the diary.. So the only "puzzle" was to figure out how to move the pieces correctly..

But even though I had a lot of problems with stuttering and freezing (I have the same problem with the new sam and max, where it can't be solved), I didn't care much for the protagonist, and I found the puzzles either very easy or illogical, I still want to try it, if only I know I can save, or unless someone says I should stay away from this triple pack for all cost..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 03-26-2007, 05:30 AM   #68

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I don't know how to solve your problem, but I do have to mention that Journey to the Center of the Earth is god awful. Worst game I've played in my life, adventure or otherwise.

But still, that is a great price for a triple pack. BTW, you don't need to bump a thread from 2003. Just making a new one is fine.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 AM   #69

You can save in Black Mirror.

And you should, if you get it, because there's one point (in the mines) where you can get stuck, so saving saving often will prevent you from having to replay a large portion of the game.

I loved Black Mirror, myself, despite a few flaws. Namely, most of thte puzzles you have to solve are "find key to open door" puzzles, which gets tiresome after a while. And yes, the game is pretty easy.