You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Games you wish they made....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #1

Default Games you wish they made....

disclaimer: I was kind of reluctant to make this topic cause it seems like it should be something already done before, but after a few keyword searches I didn't find much pertaining to it...so my apologies if it actually was posted before

Anywho, what series of books/movies/other mediums of entertainment would you like to see in adventure game form?

I'd enjoy seeing a "Saw" adventure game(it seems perfect for it). I would also enjoy more Philip K. Dick adaptations to AG's.

And on a "game so bad it's good" note... I think a Scrubs AG would be pretty hardcore
Old 03-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Scrubs like the telivision show? What are you on? Well, they might as well make a Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Friends adventure games then.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #3

I'm just a big Scrubs fan... the jokes on the show remind me of something Tim Schafer would write...
Old 03-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Amelie*

* I heard this suggested before I saw the movie and after I saw it, I understood why.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:44 AM   #5
Wading down the amazon

Send a message via MSN to makini

I'd love the Lord of the Rings made into a new 2D adventure game (and yes, I have played the first ones ), as well as I'd much like to see the book "Shogun" by James Clavell turned into an adventure.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
Ronin

Oh man. Infocom adapted Shogun into a text adventure right before Activision bought them. It was an absolutely terrible game. I am a huge fan of the book, and Clavell in general, so I was really excited to play it. It might work as a graphical adventure, but I think the temptation to put in action/combat sequences would overwhelm most developers these days.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
Wading down the amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
Oh man. Infocom adapted Shogun into a text adventure right before Activision bought them. It was an absolutely terrible game. I am a huge fan of the book, and Clavell in general, so I was really excited to play it. It might work as a graphical adventure, but I think the temptation to put in action/combat sequences would overwhelm most developers these days.

Great to hear you're a fan too... And I see we're you're going - sure wouldn't want some company developing some FPS or action version of Shogun, since that's what they'd probably do today due to public demand.... Do you know we're I could get hold o' that text game, just to try it out?

Last edited by makini; 03-02-2007 at 06:40 AM. Reason: adding the question
Old 03-02-2007, 07:17 AM   #8

I will definatly have to give this some thought. What an intresting thread idea I'm glad you posted it brentsmith. A Scrubs game would be great IMO but I'm also a huge Scrubs fan. A game based on the TV show Monk would really funny. I think it would be great to have the play play as Monk and make them deal with all his quiks and fears.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 AM   #9
say yes when nobody asked

I wonder what Terry Moore's 'Strangers in Paradise' would be like as an adventure game.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by makini View Post
Great to hear you're a fan too... And I see we're you're going - sure wouldn't want some company developing some FPS or action version of Shogun, since that's what they'd probably do today due to public demand.... Do you know we're I could get hold o' that text game, just to try it out?
It will be a tough to find for sale. Some people consider it abandonware, but Activision still owns all the rights. Shogun was excluded from most of the Infocom anthologies, but I understand that the Lost Treasures of Infocom II - CD-ROM version has it. Take note, it HAS to be the CD-ROM version. There is a floppy disk version listed on eBay right now that claims to include Shogun, but I am pretty sure that's a mistake.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #11
Wading down the amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
It will be a tough to find for sale. Some people consider it abandonware, but Activision still owns all the rights. Shogun was excluded from most of the Infocom anthologies, but I understand that the Lost Treasures of Infocom II - CD-ROM version has it. Take note, it HAS to be the CD-ROM version. There is a floppy disk version listed on eBay right now that claims to include Shogun, but I am pretty sure that's a mistake.

A thousand thanks
Old 03-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

Well, I love to see "Three Investigators" series in PC Adventure Game Format
Old 03-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #13

They should make an AG based on the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. They could call it the Secret of Monkey Island, or something like that.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #14
Wading down the amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspofford View Post
They should make an AG based on the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. They could call it the Secret of Monkey Island, or something like that.
http://pirates.bethsoft.com/

There be it Arr!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Actually, I'm a big Scrubs fan too...but an adventure game? I don't think so...
Old 03-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneho Chane View Post
Scrubs like the telivision show? What are you on? Well, they might as well make a Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Friends adventure games then.
I can picture it now. Jerry Seinfeld wakes up as you fight (and there will be a death sequence ala sierra AGs) the shower faucet to get it warm in under a half hour...

you will then proceed down to the local coffee shop to have a 40 minute dialogue tree with George Costanza on the politics of nothing at all...

after that Kramer will leave your door unlocked, bringing the game to an abrupt end as everything in your apartment was stolen, because you forgot to read the newspaper at the beginning of the game...

I like the sound of that game :-D

and yeah, I don't exactly know what you would do in a Scrubs game, I just know I'd play it...

I'd love to see A Scanner Darkly AG, and in the vein of Wayne's World, why not have a Tenacious D AG
Old 03-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Hahaha!!
Old 03-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #18
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

A Scrubs game would be the new Space Quest for us.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #19
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I still want to see the H.C Andersen story "the snow queen" as a 2D adventure game (cartoony), as I posted in my thread about it some months ago..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 03-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #20

I wish they made a game based on the movie Paycheck. It was just like an adventure game. The Ben Affleck character has amnesia, and an envelope full of inventory items he has to figure out what to do with or die. Good movie. I always think of it as an adventure game made into a movie.