You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Famous Voice Actors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2004, 07:26 PM   #1

Default Famous Voice Actors

i was just wondering, which famous voice actors have done computer games? and who are peoples favourites. I know Cam Clarke ( Leonardo from Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles, and other cartoons) did Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmasist, and i believe John Rhys-Davies (Indiana Jones Movies, Manhunt International) did a Quest for glory game, just wondering if theres any more out there.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #2

Plenty of actors (even more famous than John Rhys-Davies) have done videogames. The latest Bond game was full to the brim with celebrities, and GTA: San Andreas was overflowing.

If you're just talking about voice actors, then yes, predictably, a lot of the same people doing cartoons also pop up in games. For example, the guy who was the voice of Fry from Futurama was Tidus in Final Fantasy X. David Hayter, the voice behind Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid does a lot of Anime voices...

I'm sure there are a ton more examples. The problem is that voice actors are usually not as well known as TV and movie actors.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:05 PM   #3
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Any even moderately well-known voice actor has always been in about a gajillion different projects. Those guys really get around.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 12-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #4
Ghost House

Send a message via ICQ to Murder House Send a message via AIM to Murder House Send a message via MSN to Murder House

I can name a few off the top of my head; tim curry did the voice of gabriel knight in the 1st and 3rd games, people like cher and robert deniro in 9:the last resort. That is about all I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:33 PM   #5
Curiouser and curiouser

Well, as I said somewhere else, Chiara Mastroianni (sp?), who is the daughter of Marcello Matroianni and Catherine Deneuve and has been in a bunch of (mostly French) films herself, did the voice for my former avatar, who shall be making her return after the holidays. (That is to say, Chiara did the voice for the main character in Beyond Atlantis II, as it's called in the states.)

I got a weird feeling playing a game recently that the same person who did the voice for Oscar in Syberia did the voice for . . . hm . . . can't put my finger on it, but I will. Weird if you ended up specializing in computer game voiceovers, no?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

I know Mark Hammil (Luke Skywalker) and MIchael Dorn (Worf) both did voices in Gabriel Knight.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 12-16-2004, 11:44 PM   #7
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
I know Mark Hammil (Luke Skywalker) and MIchael Dorn (Worf) both did voices in Gabriel Knight.
Mark Hamill also did three different voices in Full Throttle, I believe, Ripburger being the most prominent.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:11 AM   #8
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
Also, no one will ever forget Tim Curry's voice work in Gabriel Knight
Old 12-17-2004, 04:14 AM   #9
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
Mark Hamill also did three different voices in Full Throttle, I believe, Ripburger being the most prominent.
Hmm, were there a third one?

I remember him being Ripburger and that truckdriver guy, but I don't remember any other characters of his in FT.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:44 AM   #10
Banned User

If you check out the trivia game at www.MysteryManor.net, you'll find that one of the games is entitled "Big Screen Meets Little Screen." It is a whole trivia game about famous actors who have appeared in adventure games.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:21 AM   #11
Bad command or file name

And who could forget Gary Collman doing the voice of the snotty lemonde/weapons salekid in Curse of Monkey Island.

...bysmitty

Way off subject p.s.- installing office through a network on a remote computer using PC Anywhere is really really slow (hence I'm on the forum). It's gotta' be a 40 mile round trip for the data at least.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:16 AM   #12
ski

Earl Boen(terminator) - LeChuck
Old 12-17-2004, 11:31 AM   #13
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Eric Idle - Rincewind

And they couldn't have chosen anyone else for his voice. It's just perfect.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-17-2004, 03:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Eric Idle - Rincewind

And they couldn't have chosen anyone else for his voice. It's just perfect.

-
All the voices in Discworld were great, really, all very Python-esque, and for once it wasn't dubbed (Gott sei dank ).
Old 12-17-2004, 04:22 PM   #15
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski
Earl Boen(terminator) - LeChuck
I already knew this, but it still makes me smile. I just can't reconcile those two roles to each other in any way :S.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-17-2004, 04:35 PM   #16

I thought I'd chime in on this topic.

The voice actor who played Sam Fisher, in Splinter Cell was Michael Ironside. He starred in movies like Starship Troopers, and Total Recall. I remember his role in Total Recall, very vividly. He was the lead villian's henchman, and man was he mean in that movie!.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #17
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
All the voices in Discworld were great, really, all very Python-esque, and for once it wasn't dubbed (Gott sei dank ).
Yeah they were great. Alot of the actors used were well known in the UK, with people like Jon Pertwee (Dr Who), Tony Robinson (Baldric in Blackadder, Time Team ), Rob Brydon (now famous for Marion and Geoff tv programme), Nigel Planer (Ubiquitous actor), Kate Robbins (Spitting Image, many other voice acting jobs) and of course Eric Idle (Monty Python). All very talented voice actors and comedians, they added that extra something to the game(s).

And who can forget Robert Llewellyn (Red Dwarf) as the butler in Discworld Noir?
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 12-17-2004, 05:58 PM   #18
Easily amused

Charlotte Rampling played the voice of Erda in the Ring.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #19
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet
Charlotte Rampling played the voice of Erda in the Ring.
I LOVE her!!! I wonder what makes a major actor or actress like, say, Gary Coleman "star" in an AG? (That was so hilarious about the lemonade kid. I knew that voice was gratingly familiar.)

I recalled whom the Oscar voice belonged to. (I think) it's a metalworker in the underworld of Ptah in the Egyptian Prophecy. Weird.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:34 PM   #20
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Hmm, were there a third one?

I remember him being Ripburger and that truckdriver guy, but I don't remember any other characters of his in FT.
He was the owner of the junkyard as well.

Oh yeah, and Serious Sam did a voice in Splinter Cell. (Look in the credits, there's a Sam Stone in the voice talent.)