Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Famous Voice Actors (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/5995-famous-voice-actors.html)

Captain_Tuttle 12-16-2004 07:26 PM

Famous Voice Actors

i was just wondering, which famous voice actors have done computer games? and who are peoples favourites. I know Cam Clarke ( Leonardo from Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles, and other cartoons) did Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmasist, and i believe John Rhys-Davies (Indiana Jones Movies, Manhunt International) did a Quest for glory game, just wondering if theres any more out there.

TheTwelve 12-16-2004 08:04 PM

Plenty of actors (even more famous than John Rhys-Davies) have done videogames. The latest Bond game was full to the brim with celebrities, and GTA: San Andreas was overflowing.

If you're just talking about voice actors, then yes, predictably, a lot of the same people doing cartoons also pop up in games. For example, the guy who was the voice of Fry from Futurama was Tidus in Final Fantasy X. David Hayter, the voice behind Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid does a lot of Anime voices...

I'm sure there are a ton more examples. The problem is that voice actors are usually not as well known as TV and movie actors.

remixor 12-16-2004 08:05 PM

Any even moderately well-known voice actor has always been in about a gajillion different projects. Those guys really get around.

Murder House 12-16-2004 08:21 PM

I can name a few off the top of my head; tim curry did the voice of gabriel knight in the 1st and 3rd games, people like cher and robert deniro in 9:the last resort. That is about all I can think of off the top of my head.

EasilyConfused 12-16-2004 08:33 PM

Well, as I said somewhere else, Chiara Mastroianni (sp?), who is the daughter of Marcello Matroianni and Catherine Deneuve and has been in a bunch of (mostly French) films herself, did the voice for my former avatar, who shall be making her return after the holidays. (That is to say, Chiara did the voice for the main character in Beyond Atlantis II, as it's called in the states.)

I got a weird feeling playing a game recently that the same person who did the voice for Oscar in Syberia did the voice for . . . hm . . . can't put my finger on it, but I will. Weird if you ended up specializing in computer game voiceovers, no?

TigerShard 12-16-2004 09:10 PM

I know Mark Hammil (Luke Skywalker) and MIchael Dorn (Worf) both did voices in Gabriel Knight.

ConcreteRancor 12-16-2004 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerShard
I know Mark Hammil (Luke Skywalker) and MIchael Dorn (Worf) both did voices in Gabriel Knight.

Mark Hamill also did three different voices in Full Throttle, I believe, Ripburger being the most prominent.

Glenn Epic 12-17-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerShard

Also, no one will ever forget Tim Curry's voice work in Gabriel Knight

Kolzig 12-17-2004 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
Mark Hamill also did three different voices in Full Throttle, I believe, Ripburger being the most prominent.

Hmm, were there a third one?

I remember him being Ripburger and that truckdriver guy, but I don't remember any other characters of his in FT.

BacardiJim 12-17-2004 08:44 AM

If you check out the trivia game at www.MysteryManor.net, you'll find that one of the games is entitled "Big Screen Meets Little Screen." It is a whole trivia game about famous actors who have appeared in adventure games.

bysmitty 12-17-2004 09:21 AM

And who could forget Gary Collman doing the voice of the snotty lemonde/weapons salekid in Curse of Monkey Island.

...bysmitty

Way off subject p.s.- installing office through a network on a remote computer using PC Anywhere is really really slow (hence I'm on the forum). It's gotta' be a 40 mile round trip for the data at least. :D

ski 12-17-2004 10:16 AM

Earl Boen(terminator) - LeChuck

Jazhara7 12-17-2004 11:31 AM

Eric Idle - Rincewind

And they couldn't have chosen anyone else for his voice. It's just perfect.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ninth 12-17-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Eric Idle - Rincewind

And they couldn't have chosen anyone else for his voice. It's just perfect.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

All the voices in Discworld were great, really, all very Python-esque, and for once it wasn't dubbed (Gott sei dank :) ).

RLacey 12-17-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski
Earl Boen(terminator) - LeChuck

I already knew this, but it still makes me smile. I just can't reconcile those two roles to each other in any way :S.

Zack 12-17-2004 04:35 PM

I thought I'd chime in on this topic.

The voice actor who played Sam Fisher, in Splinter Cell was Michael Ironside. He starred in movies like Starship Troopers, and Total Recall. I remember his role in Total Recall, very vividly. He was the lead villian's henchman, and man was he mean in that movie!. ;)

DomStLeger 12-17-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninth
All the voices in Discworld were great, really, all very Python-esque, and for once it wasn't dubbed (Gott sei dank :) ).

Yeah they were great. Alot of the actors used were well known in the UK, with people like Jon Pertwee (Dr Who), Tony Robinson (Baldric in Blackadder, Time Team ), Rob Brydon (now famous for Marion and Geoff tv programme), Nigel Planer (Ubiquitous actor), Kate Robbins (Spitting Image, many other voice acting jobs) and of course Eric Idle (Monty Python). All very talented voice actors and comedians, they added that extra something to the game(s).

And who can forget Robert Llewellyn (Red Dwarf) as the butler in Discworld Noir?

colpet 12-17-2004 05:58 PM

Charlotte Rampling played the voice of Erda in the Ring.

EasilyConfused 12-17-2004 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colpet
Charlotte Rampling played the voice of Erda in the Ring.

I LOVE her!!! I wonder what makes a major actor or actress like, say, Gary Coleman "star" in an AG? (That was so hilarious about the lemonade kid. I knew that voice was gratingly familiar.)

I recalled whom the Oscar voice belonged to. (I think) it's a metalworker in the underworld of Ptah in the Egyptian Prophecy. Weird.

ConcreteRancor 12-17-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
Hmm, were there a third one?

I remember him being Ripburger and that truckdriver guy, but I don't remember any other characters of his in FT.

He was the owner of the junkyard as well.

Oh yeah, and Serious Sam did a voice in Splinter Cell. :P (Look in the credits, there's a Sam Stone in the voice talent.)