You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Famous Voice Actors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 09:52 PM   #21
No justice. Only me.

Let's see, with the help of IMDB, I find two more interesting tidbits.

Andrea Bowen, the voice of young April and the young Alatien in TLJ, is now Teri Hatcher's daughter in Desperate Housewives. Interesting.

Tony Plana, who did the voice of Manny Calavera, seems to do mostly action flicks otherwise, playing generic hispanic gangsters or cops. He was "El Fuego" in Half Past Dead with Steven Seagal. Oy....
Old 12-17-2004, 10:14 PM   #22
rio
Custom User Title

One of the best reasons to play Creature Crunch is for the voices by Martin Short and Eugene Levy. Most of the voices in the Gabriel Knight games are moderatly well-known actors but I can't pull them out of my head. Other games have actors starring in them too, like Christopher Lloyd in Toonstruck.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:12 PM   #23
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I remember, that the german voice of Manny Calavera was done by the same guy who also did the german voice of Alf (I would not have noticed it myself. I had to look it up. He did a great job on both of them)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-17-2004, 11:47 PM   #24
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
Tony Plana, who did the voice of Manny Calavera, seems to do mostly action flicks otherwise, playing generic hispanic gangsters or cops. He was "El Fuego" in Half Past Dead with Steven Seagal. Oy....
Yeah I've seen that Seagal movie, oh man it was weird to see Plana and hear him talking with his Manny voice to Seagal.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:00 AM   #25

Bruce Willis voiced main hero of Apocalypse.
And lot of famous ppl voiced in games like GTA:VC (Ray Liotta, Burt Raynolds, Dennis Hopper, Jenna Jameson ).
Old 12-18-2004, 01:23 AM   #26
Evil Webmaster

Robert Patrick (of t-1000 and x-files fame) voiced Boston Low, main character of The Dig.
So there you go
Old 12-18-2004, 04:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio
One of the best reasons to play Creature Crunch is for the voices by Martin Short and Eugene Levy.
This is an Adventure Game? Where Can I get this? As a canadian comedy fan, I cannot miss this game, now if only someone could do a game based on the mackenzie brothers ( CRTC said their wasn't enough Canadian content in the show to be aired, so they combined as many negative sterotypes as they could into one segment, eh )
Old 12-18-2004, 08:14 AM   #28
SEARCHING ON

I like the voice of ? I think its Marcello Mastriani's daughter, that french girl. (spelling?)

She was in Broken Sword 4 and Beyound Atlantis the latest one. and I believe she is in Sentiel.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #29
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPER
I like the voice of ? I think its Marcello Mastriani's daughter, that french girl. (spelling?)

She was in Broken Sword 4 and Beyound Atlantis the latest one. and I believe she is in Sentiel.
Hey Skipper, see my earlier post--I put her down too--I really like her. Her name is Chiara, and her mom is Catherine Deneuve, which is a pretty good pedigree. Was she in Broken Sword? There's not a BS4 yet, we would all DIE from happiness (okay not everybody, but I would be happy) if there were . . . stay tuned! I had the impression Nico was an American pretending to have a French accent, but maybe not, and maybe you're talking about a different character anyway (the blonde woman, what's her name, from BS3?)
Old 12-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #30
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Yeah I've seen that Seagal movie, oh man it was weird to see Plana and hear him talking with his Manny voice to Seagal.
I'm thinking of renting it now just to see what the guy looks like.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Hey Skipper, see my earlier post--I put her down too--I really like her. Her name is Chiara, and her mom is Catherine Deneuve, which is a pretty good pedigree. Was she in Broken Sword? There's not a BS4 yet, we would all DIE from happiness (okay not everybody, but I would be happy) if there were . . . stay tuned! I had the impression Nico was an American pretending to have a French accent, but maybe not, and maybe you're talking about a different character anyway (the blonde woman, what's her name, from BS3?)
Yes, apparently the lady who voiced Nico in BS3 was someone working with the game producers (a PA or something- my memory isn't what it once was) who persuaded them to let her audition for the role.

The blonde woman was Petra, by the way.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:15 PM   #32
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio
Other games have actors starring in them too, like Christopher Lloyd in Toonstruck.
Dan Castellaneta (Homer Simpson) did voice of Lloyd's sidekick, Flux Wildly in Toonstruck.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:36 PM   #33
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippex79
Yes, apparently the lady who voiced Nico in BS3 was someone working with the game producers (a PA or something- my memory isn't what it once was) who persuaded them to let her audition for the role.

The blonde woman was Petra, by the way.
<run into wall head first in attempt to get memory working again>

Petra, of course, how could I have forgotten?? What a hilarious story about the PA. Your memory is obviously doing better than mine!
Old 12-19-2004, 03:50 PM   #34

Patrick Stewart did voice work on the CD version of Lands of Lore.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:03 PM   #35
OB

Probably the most famous voice right now is Steven Blum. He's everywhere...commercials, anime(he's the English version of Spike Spiegal in Cowboy Bebop), and in a lot of games. Heck, he's the voice of Cartoon Network's Toonami. I can't remember the last voice actor who was this prolific....I hear him everyday.

He has over 150 entries on IMDB and this doesn't include the dozens of commercials he's done:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089710/
Old 12-19-2004, 06:30 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat
Probably the most famous voice right now is Steven Blum. He's everywhere...commercials, anime(he's the English version of Spike Spiegal in Cowboy Bebop), and in a lot of games. Heck, he's the voice of Cartoon Network's Toonami.
Citing some unknown childrens shows but not mentioning the games he's in isn't very helpful, perhpas you could add which games. Was Donald Sutherland in KGB? does anyone know?

Last edited by Captain_Tuttle; 12-19-2004 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Tuttle
Was Donald Sutherland in KGB? does anyone know?
Not in KGB, but in cd version of the game - Conspiracy. He plays father of main hero.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:24 PM   #38
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Oh! How could I forget this. The german voice of Max (from Sam and Max, of course) is done by the same voice actor who also does the german voice of Bart Simpson!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-20-2004, 12:36 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Tuttle
This is an Adventure Game? Where Can I get this? As a canadian comedy fan, I cannot miss this game, now if only someone could do a game based on the mackenzie brothers ( CRTC said their wasn't enough Canadian content in the show to be aired, so they combined as many negative sterotypes as they could into one segment, eh )
You can order the game right here:

http://www.creaturecrunch.com
Old 12-20-2004, 05:31 AM   #40
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil3
Not in KGB, but in cd version of the game - Conspiracy. He plays father of main hero.
He was only in the fmv cutscenes, I presume?

I only had the 3,5" disc version a long time ago.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.