You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall Official Website Launched

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 03:04 PM   #41
Visitor

I wonder what the system requirements are. Will AMD XP 2800+, Radeon 9800 Pro, 1024 MB be enough? Maybe the reader from morpheus.funcom.com knows?

Old 05-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #42

We've known that the release date was 2005 for a long while and we also knew that it's an adventure game with action. I just read the RPG Vault interview and I can't wait for this game. It sounds like it's going to be one of the best and most awesome adventures ever made.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:00 PM   #43
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhrik
Man... Can THIS really be in-game full 3D, and not pre-rendered? Can it really?!? In that case I'm totally stunned... That would mean that full 3D is finally almost up there with pre-rendered 3D in image/artistic quality... Which is something I didn't think would happen in some time yet. Just stunning.
You need to take a look around at the non-adventure realtime 3D gaming scene, man. That said, even by the standards set by other genres (you know, the ones that are "all about graphics, for the idiots" or something ), Dreamfall looks outrageously awesome obstacle courses to the max. I'm glad I'm going to E3. Too bad I probably won't see more of this game than the trailer though, as its not out on the show floor...

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 05-10-2004, 04:02 PM   #44
No justice. Only me.

I like the variety between the characters. You've got Zoe, who is good. April is described as cynical and disillusioned, so that's sort of a neutral character, and then you've got Kian, (or as I like to call him, "Evil-universe Garrett,") who seems outright evil, since he's an assassin.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:40 PM   #45
some may call me tofu

Send a message via AIM to guybrush122

I've peed myself at least three times in the last hour.

At LEAST.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:45 PM   #46
merely human

Quote:
http://www.dreamfall.com/downloads/s...enshot_004.jpg

Man... Can THIS really be in-game full 3D, and not pre-rendered? Can it really?!? In that case I'm totally stunned... That would mean that full 3D is finally almost up there with pre-rendered 3D in image/artistic quality... Which is something I didn't think would happen in some time yet. Just stunning.
Look closer at the edges of the rooftop of the building to the left, and then at the balcony railing of the center building. That give you a clue? Only a fully 3D rendering would have an aliased affect (which would be antialiased by your graphics card). Also, study the angled shapes of the snow on the roofs of the buildings. A flat 2D 'painted' backdrop would have smoothed the snow out to perfectly organic contours. So what do you think?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-10-2004, 08:10 PM   #47
Disciplined Breakdown

Not related to the website per se, but anybody else read this?
Old 05-10-2004, 08:46 PM   #48
Dr Uberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinkie
Not related to the website per se, but anybody else read this?
Can't say I'm too happy with all this emphasis on action, but if Ragnar says it will be a unique experience then I trust him.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:06 PM   #49
Novice Member

whoa.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:46 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outasync
I notice it doesn't state what platforms this game is being developed for. To me this smacks of console. Now, it's too early to take this to mean it going to be a bad game. But it's sound very heavily on the action side of action/adventure. I personally will have no problem with some combat, but MANY pure adventurers will shun this game if it has any twitch/skill based combat.
It will be developed for PC and some consoles or something. But definitely PC, and you can play it with a mouse.
I think it's way to early to discuss the gameplay of this game, though. We all remember the action/adventure discussion we had over BS3.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #51
Retirement is stupid

Some combat encounters, which can usually be avoided?

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Fighting intelligent monsters?

Space Quest.

Ragnar talking to an IGN audience is of course going to sound different than Ragnar talking to an Adventure Gamers audience. That doesn't make him duplicitous. It makes him smart. If you're trying to sell a car to Amish folks, you don't emphasize how fast it goes from zero to 60 to make the sale; you emphasize the amount of time that you can save on trips to the market, thus creating more Bible study time.

Everyone settle the @#*$ down. Didn't we learn our lesson with BS3? Just wait and see and maybe this adventure will also be as pure as the driven snow.

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 05-10-2004, 11:11 PM   #52
comfortably numb

Quote:
From Ragnar's website:

Is this in-game? Because if it is HOLY CRAP!
Pretty much, yes. It's not a screenshot per se, but it's a high-resolution render of an actual location - and it does look as good as that in-game, believe it or not.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:39 PM   #53
Doctor Watson

And my PC is a 450Mhz old crap. If they indeed have learned something from making TLJ, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this game was really really really good.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:50 PM   #54
Puss In Boots

You're talking about graphics and I can't stop looking at April. She is so beautiful, I like the way she has changed.

Zoe and Kian (I thought it is KAIN in the first moment ) are really great ! Zoe looks much better than in the PC Jeux scans. Can't wait to see more.

I just hope that the Dreamfall website won't be as HOME as other sites ... I mean I hope they'll publish EVERYTHING
Old 05-11-2004, 12:15 AM   #55
Doctor Watson

To be fair, I think April looks like a druggie, but in a good way.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:22 AM   #56
Puss In Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
To be fair, I think April looks like a druggie, but in a good way.
My comment : ''

Well You're right, but I think that she look more ... mystical than druggie Well, she saved the world and went through several unpleasant situations.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:28 AM   #57
Friendly Server Admin

Goth April == Creepy somehow
Old 05-11-2004, 03:36 AM   #58
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

Three words? I thought there were 2. Those words are just breeding or something

I don't realy like that the game is announced 'action adventure' and is sipposed to have action inside. I think I'll wait till someone plays it first.

I wonder, will we be told how did Aprill got out from all the mess she was in the end of TLJ?
Old 05-11-2004, 04:15 AM   #59
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

I think so. Since she's one of the playable characters, we'll proabably get to know something (new) about her history.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:25 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Goth April == Creepy somehow
I don't think/hope they'll make her gothic. She is simply a disillusioned woman, and her looks probably reflect the harsh place she lived for the past few years. I think she'll be bitter and cynical, perhaps downright evilish sarcastic The complete opposite of what she was in TLJ.
Quote:
Ten years ago, April Ryan went on a journey that changed the course of history. A decade later, the innocent girl has grown into a disillusioned woman, trapped in a world that was never her home.
I'm curious, is she trapped in the Winter or in Arcadia? By the looks of her, I'd say the Winter.