You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall Official Website Launched

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 06:02 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Sadly, I haven't yet had the pleasure. I don't own an Xbox, and my PC is still on WinME (you need XP for the game).
Uhh... It says on my BG&E jewel case that Windows 98/ME/2000/XP are supported...
Old 05-20-2004, 06:04 PM   #122
merely human

The demo won't play on my system. It's either because of my OS or something with my graphics card (GeForce4 Ti 4400). I had already screwed around with the settings, downloaded new drivers, etc. I only got the sound but the screen was black.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-20-2004, 06:10 PM   #123
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
The demo won't play on my system. It's either because of my OS or something with my graphics card (GeForce4 Ti 4400). I had already screwed around with the settings, downloaded new drivers, etc. I only got the sound but the screen was black.
As I remember, that was a bug with AMD processors. Do you have an AMD? And I think there was also a patch for the demo (should be available in GamersHell). That fixed it for me.

Old 05-20-2004, 06:13 PM   #124
merely human

Yes! I have an Athlon. I could d/l the demo again and use the patch. Wish me luck. Thanks.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-20-2004, 06:21 PM   #125

Trep, do not force antialiasing (if you don't already know). The video card setting should be "application controlled" (if that's available).
Old 05-20-2004, 06:28 PM   #126
merely human

Thanks, hon. I'll make sure to do that.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:13 PM   #127
merely human

Erkki and Cavebear!! I posted my experience of the BG&E here.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:12 AM   #128
Umbilicus Mundi

Great! Now go buy the full game!

Old 05-21-2004, 11:31 AM   #129
merely human

It's at Walmart for just under $20. I'm tempted but I have to pay my rent first.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:28 PM   #130
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

First game that really sucked me in its world was probably Gothic. Every town was alive, full of people, doing their own busines, even if they were doing one and the same thing all the time, they were adding to the whole atmoshpere. There was also the day/night cycle, and once the day shifted to twillight, they would stop working and head for their homes, lay down in bed, etc.

Now i don't see why adventures didn't add this sooner. Better late then never, i guess.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:27 PM   #131
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
Better late then never, i guess.
LOL, no shit.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:05 AM   #132

Found these while hunting around the net.

http://rpgfan.com/news/2004/1521.html

Seems to have some artwork and screenshots that aren't on the main Dreamfall site.
Hope these haven't been posted before.

There's also some stuff for Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:19 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by GED X-42
Found these while hunting around the net.

http://rpgfan.com/news/2004/1521.html

Seems to have some artwork and screenshots that aren't on the main Dreamfall site.
Hope these haven't been posted before.

There's also some stuff for Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion.