You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure If NPCs would be heroes ..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Advie.1

Default If NPCs would be heroes ..

Ii can not think of how much fun would it be to play an adventure with Stan or Swampy as the rolling heroes .... or Glottis as a playable (maybe the only) character in a Sequel to Grim Fandango or Maybe Murray in a next Monkey Island's Tale !!
A Space Quest Game with Zondra would be nice also, or even A solo Adventure with Grace (GK) or Dr.Styles (GM).

i guess developers should seriously try to bring those memorable characters out of those Great Adventures and start to give them leading Roles at new ones..

Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
She Wants Revenge

Adventure games have very little spinoffs and that is a shame. I love returning to the same wonderful worlds from a different perspective.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Filmfreak

Well, Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney Investigation is in fact a spinoff game featuring a NPC from the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series.
Although, to be honest, you already had a case in Trials and Tribulations where you play as Miles Edgeworth, so maybe that doesn't count...

I think this is more something for fanmade casuals. For instance "How Otis, Carla and Meathook escaped from Monkey Island"...
Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #4

Actually, the latest example tells otherwise - Captain Morgane is the direct spinoff of So Blonde.

Also, many titles, as the series progress, include the option to lead another character - i can't really remember for sure, but i think you couldn't play as Nico in Broken Sword 1, as Grace in GK1 or as Gina in Runaway 1.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
lost in rubacava

Advie did say NPCs. I adore Lady Piermont and I'd love to see that screwy lady have her own game if only they could sustain her wicked humor all the way through.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #6

Kyrandia series immediately come to mind. Zanthia, who briefly appeared in the first game, became the main hero in the second one. And giving the title role to the main antagonist in the third part was one of the coolest ideas ever.
Yes, this is a very reach and, unfortunately, underrated idea.