You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure All Adventurers in all the Adventures, are Cons & Thieves!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottford View Post
He saws off an amputee's peg leg, digs up and disturbs the dead, steals a monacle from a visually impaired child, fixes a spitting contest, poisons dogs, sinks a ship with his crew on it (albeit by accident), kills a perfectly harmless ghost (Bob), gets Stan's clock cleaned by LeChuck, breaks into the governor's mansion to steal the Idol of Many Hands, intoxicates a ghost rat, and breaks into a shopkeeper's safe to steal credit notes.
Yes, and then at the end of MI2, there's a street which is blocked off, and if you try to move the barrier, he has the nerve to say "That would be unlawful". I couldn't believe that he said that with a straight face and the game didn't make any attempt to play on the inconsistency of it.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #42
The Quiet One

Maybe adventure games were originally created for/by rebels! I can just imagine that adventure game designers are reclusive, geeky and rebellious at heart (like myself ) and put all these terrible actions the main character can do, into the games, that they themselves and other players can do and get away with that they couldn't in real life. It's a bit like with Grand Theft Auto...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #43
She Wants Revenge

I can't remember the most horrible thing now but I have often wondered the horrible circumstances we leave some people in during the adventures. I definitely would like some kind of consequences from actions or at least a possibility to do things in several ways. Screwing those meanies can be fun but definitely there should be an option not to destroy the lives of some random decent people you encounter.

I remember the hamster in microwave but it didn't die, so it's just weird humour.

Last edited by millenia; 03-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
I remember the hamster in microwave but it didn't die, so it's just weird humour.
Well, it depends on the game you're playing...
Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
so you meant that that did actually happen on one Game, i thought you were just giving an example .....of how sick!
Damn ! what game was that anyway?!
That happennd in Noctropolis where Stilleto had to cut off her finger to allow herself and Peter Grey (the new Darksheer) to be able to escape the psychotic surgeon - whose name escapes me right now.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #46
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabod View Post
That happennd in Noctropolis where Stilleto had to cut off her finger to allow herself and Peter Grey (the new Darksheer) to be able to escape the psychotic surgeon - whose name escapes me right now.
Well as SICK as it sounds but i think its alright, i havent played Noctrpolis ,but if you look fairly to some Heroes in Dark themed adventures and the situation they are up to face , we shouldn't be surprised , i mean what do you expect from a guys who wake up locked in an mental institute or in a Morgue without any memories as the cases in Sanitarium and Midnight Nowhere!.

but on the other hand someone Like Simon the Sorcerer and the way he uses and treat that little cute fellow Swampy just leaves me feeling Strange and ashamed . ok those examples are such too far odd to be in a comparison ,Cut a finger and making a bad joke .. but i see one has a reason which is a matter of life and death and one has no reason but to be cruel and rude.

P.S: waiting for one of Gabe's Comment sumthin like "oooh how sensitively Cute"

Old 03-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabod View Post
And I've just found a screenshot of that very situation from here.

And the link is:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/screenshot.php?id=13713