You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Beta Invicta sanguis and get it for free

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #1

Default Beta Invicta sanguis and get it for free

Salutations.

I've recently finished the private beta-testing of my multiplayer adventure game called Invicta sanguis. The basic mechanic is exactly what you're used to; third person, fixed camera angles, problem solving. What's unique about it is the fact that it's built to facilitate multiple players (2, to be exact). Several of the puzzles take advantage of this and require the two players to perform different but related actions in order to solve a problem.

It's also player driven as opposed to character driven. I'd heartily recommend playing it over skype (or any other voice chat system) with a friend since it adds greatly to the experience, but you can naturally find players via the built-in game browser and use the game's chat system.

While the game has been proven to be reliable and we can't find any more bugs there's bound to be some hiding in the dark corners. I hope some of you might be interested in playing the game and helping me find (and squash) any remaining.

Playing the game and submitting any constructive feedback (even if it's just a list of reasons why you don't like the game and ways for us to improve it) or finding a bug will result in you getting the game for free. I'll also gladly add you to the game's credit roster, unless you want to remain anonymous of course. Even if you don't find any bugs you'll still have played through the entire game for free.

Information about the game can be found here, information about the beta and how to participate (as simple as sending an e-mail) can be found here. Thank you if you've read this, thank you a thousand times over if you participate in the beta.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #2

I'm probably going to check this out.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:22 AM   #3

Much obliged Matt. Despite the empty look of this thread there's actually been some participation from users of this forum, for which I'm eternally grateful. If I'm allowed to brag; a previous beta-tester of Scratches (one of my favorite adventure games of all time) signed up.

Unfortunately a problem has arisen that I didn't anticipate. Almost everybody is signing up for the beta alone, this wouldn't have been a problem if there were tons of people to play with but as it stands there's only about 20 beta-testers in total. This makes it hard if not impossible to find a random person to play with when it suits you.

If there's anyone interested in playing the game then I warmly recommend that you sign up with a friend so the two of you can play together. Otherwise you're going to have a heck of a time finding someone to play with. I do have a forum set up for the purpose, but it's almost entirely devoid of users so finding someone in advance is pretty much a must.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #4

Okay, I was holding out a bit to see some feedback, here and on your forums (to be honest as to the non-malware-ish-ness of the thing), and was then going to go on your forums and try and link up with someone.

But since you say there are a few from here...

I'll just ask here that anyone else wanting to participate let it be known. And then maybe we can give a go.

By the way, I personally don't want to install Skype or any other IMing software and just want to use the built-in chat system.

Also by the way, I'm in Texas with a 3.0Mb/768Kb net connect.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #5

Hubba, well I can't say as though I blame you. There's certainly enough malware in the world. Just to put your mind at ease further, my name is Anders Tonfeldt (which you can find at the digitalevolution.se site), my blog is http://anders.tonfeldt.se, there's 1 Anders Tonfeldt in the world (we own the name). Not proof positive of course but it'll be rather easy to track me down in case you'd ever want to.