You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Das Schwarze Auge: Satinavs Ketten - new Daedalic adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #1

Default Das Schwarze Auge: Satinavs Ketten - new Daedalic adventure

Daedalic Entertainment (Whispered World, A New Beginning, Deponia) is currently working on a new adventure title called Das Schwarze Auge: Satinavs Ketten, which is based on the popular role-playing game Das Schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye). Release is scheduled for early 2012.

First screenshots:
Old 04-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
J.H
Frak.

Looks amazing as usual. Is there any stopping Daedalic?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H View Post
Looks amazing as usual. Is there any stopping Daedalic?
Ha Ha... your right they are on a roll aren't they.
The screen shots look beautiful. They really excel at there background art.
Beats the crapy 3D stuff you see these days. I wish I worked for them.
They produce some really high quality work. well done Daedalic!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
Senior *female* member

I'd like to see more real colors. These shots have the same washed-out look as the Whispered World.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #5

Another screenshot:

Old 04-12-2011, 03:54 AM   #6

man do they have an incredible sense for hand drawn adventures.............i already looking forward to A New Beginning and possibly Deponia if it ever comes out in english.and now i have to look forward to another?and normally that would be good i tend to see it from the point that damn i have to wait too long for it.
i'm already past my point waiting for The Next Big Thing which is 9 days away.
i'm helpless

but seriously i hope they continue for a long time like that.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #7

The artwork is absolutely fantastic!

It's shame that "Whispered World" and "A New Beginning" are both drawn to 4:3 aspect ratio, but looks like Daedalic are making amends. Deponia is optimised for 1400x900 resolution and this will be 1920Ă—1080 (Full HD).

More screenshots on the forum btw. They seem to be taken from a magazine preview.
http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17988

Translation of the mini-review:
+ Stylish graphics
+ Story based around the D.ark Eye.
+ No Mini Games.
- Quality of technical support is still unclear?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #8

If you can understand German there's an interview about the game in this video at 5:23. Even if not, there's a cool giant poster and little bit of animation to be seen.

There's also preview at Adventure-Treff
Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #9

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Gamescom screens:

Old 08-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #10

The amazing graphics of their games almost balance out the horrible copy protection they always utilize. Their last game (A New Beginning) was rendered unplayable because of it until they patched it (after which it still had some problems). The pains of being an honest gamer...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
Senior *female* member

I played A New Beginning in German and don't remember any copy protection. Edna certainly didn't have any. The Whispered World had the droggels, but only in the German version.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #12

Those screens looks really nice, and at first point i wasn't sure if they're concept arts or backgrounds, although the inventar is visible at one of them.

Now, there's another video interview from Gamescom here - http://videos.pcgames.de/video/4001/...-Gamescom-2011 which proves they are actual backgrounds and we can see part of the gameplay.

Although graphics are rather nice, there's some slightly casual feel to it, like the dialog screen lacking animation and lip-synch, but otherwise it looks interesting.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Although graphics are rather nice, there's some slightly casual feel to it, like the dialog screen lacking animation and lip-synch, but otherwise it looks interesting.
I agree that those close-ups are completely unnecessary. The conversations would feel and look much better without them, in their current form (static nature of them) they just break the immersion.

Apart from that - in my opinion - serious flaw, the game looks GREAT.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Those screens looks really nice, and at first point i wasn't sure if they're concept arts or backgrounds, although the inventar is visible at one of them.

Now, there's another video interview from Gamescom here - http://videos.pcgames.de/video/4001/...-Gamescom-2011 which proves they are actual backgrounds and we can see part of the gameplay.

Well they did say in the video that they're still going to animate and voice-over the closeups. The game is only half finished.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #15

Thanx Schneckchen, yeah, my German is a little bit... rusty

but i figured something like that might be the case, although i still agree with Phaid that close-ups are unnecessary, but we'll just have to wait and see it in full action.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #16

Well, if they're going to be animated after all, that sure is a relief. Sorry if I sounded overly negative, I just don't understand German.
Here's hoping the aformentioned animations will look good however, we might as well end up with strangely unnatural, "wooden" ones which might make us wish there were no close-ups to speak of.

Still, I'm much more optimistic now. Any news on the English release? No simultaneous Ger/Eng release planned, eh?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #17

Hann...Thanks!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #18

I'm not a huge fan fantasy fan but I have to admit this looks pretty good. Considering the title I hope this'll be a very dark fantasy title. I just really hope it won't be as bugriddled as A New Beginning was which was a rather good game but half the enjoyment for me was ruined because it kept crashing almost every time I started it up and even when it ran nothing seemed to work properly. No lip synch, no fluent character movement, sound often crackled. Anyway, hope this game'll be a bit better programmed.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I played A New Beginning in German and don't remember any copy protection. Edna certainly didn't have any. The Whispered World had the droggels, but only in the German version.
Ugh... I just got Harvey's New Eyes and this thing has even worse copy protection than their previous games. Remember those spinny things with the faces that Monkey Island used? It's like that just 6 times as annoying. Instead of recreating the face out of 2 parts like in Monkey Island, you have to reconstruct 3 parts AND the thing is only half as big AND it's two sided. So you have to reconstruct 2 tiny faces out of 6 parts just to get going. It took me like 5 minutes just to enter the game because I did it wrong twice. Never thought I'd say this but I think even Ubisoft has better copy protection than Daedalic.

Publishers just don't realize that the stuff they do to try to prevent people from pirating is what makes people WANT to pirate in the first place.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:42 AM   #20

Sorry Schneckchen about your troubles , but i kinda like what Daedalic is doing with nostalgia-retro protections, and not only that, but with the whole packages deal:

In a time where everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of the simplistic direct download it's great and sort of refreshing to see things like this.

Not only the "physical" aspect of it, but good ol' game guides as well:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/...f?t=1300302914