You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure AG Community Playthrough #15: The Longest Journey

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #121

I just want to tell you all that I've put this playthrough on hold for a while. I had trouble with the XP rig I tried to set up that will need time to fix. (I will do it eventually and play through the game, but I don't know if you will have finished by then.) Anyway, since I didn't really like playing on this laptop - and since I miss the font smoothing I had to turn off in order to play - I'm going to wait until I get the older computer running.

I haven't read any of the thread since my last post in order to avoid spoilers: although I played it a few years ago I don't remember many details. So I apologize if this post appears in the middle of a heated discussion or something.

I wish you the best of luck with the game, hope you enjoy it, and that I'll be able to participate more regularly in the next playthrough.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #122

No problem. I hope you manage to jump in before the playthrough is done.

Anyways, I just played through Chapter 6 and to summarize: that's why women are forbidden to board a ship

AGs currently playing:
PC: Sanitarium, Maupiti Island
iPhone: Broken Sword Director's Cut, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Old 02-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #123
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h30n View Post
No problem. I hope you manage to jump in before the playthrough is done.

Anyways, I just played through Chapter 6 and to summarize: that's why women are forbidden to board a ship
But perhaps it ought to be adventure gamers that are fobidden to board a ship?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #124

Quote:
This was the part included in the demo. That's when I fell in love with this game...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #125

OK, 7h30n. You can take the even chapters.

Chapter 7 - A Deep Blue Mirror

It seems like we're approaching the middle of the game. Well, it'll be good to get back into it after the short chapter 6. I just hope my Captain Nebevay is OK!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:38 AM   #126

Just finished the chapter. It was short which is good because college duties are increasing for me!

I really liked the chapter. The theme of a prophecy and speaking with the unknown. We finally get to see what that holographic image from the first chapter really is.

I love the Fifth Element-esque puzzle! Too bad the fight with Jaw fish wasn't as epic as it could be

Ok, so next chapter announcment is my

AGs currently playing:
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #127

Quote:
I really liked the chapter. The theme of a prophecy and speaking with the unknown. We finally get to see what that holographic image from the first chapter really is.
Oh, I didn't even realise! I have to pay better attention... Now this is why I like the playthrough!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #128
The Quiet One

Unfortunately, my PC completely crashed last Thursday, which resulted in having to reformat. The upside though, is that I was able to create a Vista and XP dual-boot. The downside: because it was sudden and unexpected, I wasn't able to backup my TLJ saved data.

Does anyone have a saved game at the beginning of chapter 7? Chapter 6 would also be fine. Now, I'm using the DVD version that comes with the Dreamfall limited edition... I take it the save files are different for each version?

Can anyone help?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-07-2011, 05:29 AM   #129

I have saves at start of each chapter and almost at the end of each also. I don't know if it will work (coz of version differences) but I'll upload both Chapter 6 (end) and start of 7.

It should be on megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FWK07P28

You might also need to add 2 lines to the end of "index.dat" found in "...\TLJ\Save\01"

Chapter 6 11:11:40 02/27/11
Chapter 7 11:19:17 02/27/11

The order of those lines would probably need to be synced with save numbers (my chapter 6 and 7 are 13 and 14th save respectivaly so those 2 lines are 13th and 14th lines in index.dat) Renaming might also do the trick.

I hope it helped!

AGs currently playing:

Last edited by 7h30n; 03-07-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #130
The Quiet One

Great. Thanks! It won't hurt to try...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #131
The Quiet One

7h30n, YOU are a life saver! Many thanks!!

I still need to tinker and get the text right in the Index file, but they are recognized and they load up fine.

Thanks again!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 AM   #132

No problem! I had a feeling something like this might happen so when I started TLJ I did save at each start of chapter and another save as I played it.

Glad it helped!

Anyways, I'll be announcing the next chapter later (in an hour or so).

AGs currently playing:
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #133
The Quiet One

Fully sorted now. Looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do.

By the way, (and I'm not asking for help ) does everyone know how to unlock the Book of Secrets?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #134

Took a break from coding to announce the new chapter!

Chapter 8: Reunification

Yet another chapter in Arcadia. The game does a very good job at drawing you into the world of Arcadia and I have a feeling we will reveal another mistery.

I hope those who still follow the playthrough will catch up and fix any issues they have.

Next chapter is on Tuesday, March 15

Unfortunately college is all over me so I'm not so sure if I will keep up.

AGs currently playing:
Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #135

I'm enjoying the exploration of chapter 8. I'm slowly finding new scenes to check out and the visuals are impressive as usual.

I'm currently trying to figure out the statues. I'd be further along but my laptop ran out of batteries on my flight.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #136

In my opinion this island in chapter 8 is one of the most wonderful places of the game (the cave is so fantastic). The greatest place to live (besides the house of Westhouse) a hermit could think of.

Thanks to my notes from earlier days I had no problems with the statues. I guess this is one of the toughest puzzles in the game.

Every time when I played the game this is the chapter in which I begin missing Stark a bit...
Old 03-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk View Post
In my opinion this island in chapter 8 is one of the most wonderful places of the game (the cave is so fantastic). The greatest place to live (besides the house of Westhouse) a hermit could think of.

Thanks to my notes from earlier days I had no problems with the statues. I guess this is one of the toughest puzzles in the game.
I got the statues after a bit of work, but I enjoyed the puzzle a lot compared to the crystal puzzle, which frustrated me to no end and had me reaching for a walkthrough....
Old 03-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #138

After some busy time I managed to keep up with the game a bit and now I am pondering what to do with the statues. The puzzle in itself is interesting, however is is quite tiresome to run to and fro all the time...

Finally, a flaw in the game - so far it has been magnificent with no vices at all
Old 03-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #139

I would like to let some thoughts or at least one thought that I had "out into the wild" while I was playing chapter 8:

It is so nice that April has to unify peoples on her way to keep Stark and Arcadia separated. I just love this sort of contradictory aspects.

(And I forgot to mention that I always have to think of Laputa (the flying city of Gulliver's Travels) when coping with Roper Klacks. But I don't think this similarity is made on purpose).
Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #140
Stalker of Britain

I really love Roper Klacks. When you're trying to beat him, you can try all of the options, and he is just hilarious at the same time being a little creepy, with all of his responses and stuff. Watching him hopscotch is hilarious, and his view on 'Kodak'...seriously, save your game and try all the different dialogue combinations!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes