You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure AG Community Playthrough #15: The Longest Journey

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #141

Interesting that many players seem to like Roper Klacks...
I mean, he was very funny and said something interesting things (he does the "evil" things because he "is able to" do them etc.) but finally, I was very happy to defeat him.

@Fantasysci5:
Would you mind repeating the stuff about "Kodak" (in spoilers, of course)? Probably, this time I missed it...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #142
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
By the way, (and I'm not asking for help ) does everyone know how to unlock the Book of Secrets?
I take it either everyone already knows or they just don't care...?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #143
Stalker of Britain

Gazzoid-To get into the Book of Secrets-
Spoiler:
which has art, music, and bloopers-my favorite, there are two ways. You can either beat the game, and at the end you can unlock it (which I recommend since it has some spoilers, or when you visit Abnaxues's place, you can plant the fake plant you got in the Border House there, and it will open.

Drunk-Yeah, Roper Klacks is awesome. He says
Spoiler:
"Aww, what a Kodak Moment. Yes, that's right, I know all about your "Kodak" pictures, and your, something or other". Well, he doesn't say exactly that, I'm just trying to quote it from the top of my head.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk View Post
(And I forgot to mention that I always have to think of Laputa (the flying city of Gulliver's Travels) when coping with Roper Klacks.
There's a wonderfull animated movie inspired in Laputa, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_in_the_SkyCastle in the Sky . Anyway, I tend to think of Magritte's floating castle.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #145
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Gazzoid-
Spoiler:
...or when you visit Abnaxues's place, you can plant the fake plant you got in the Border House there, and it will open.
This is what I was referring to. As I mentioned in a previous post though, I wasn't asking for help, I was wondering if anyone/everyone knew about that secret.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #146

Chapter 9: Shadows

Maybe it was just me, but the previous chapter seemed like the longest one so far. I enjoyed it but wasn’t a big fan of the statue puzzle.

Spoiler:
The running around to the different statues got annoying after a while but I didn’t have much trouble once I actually wrote stuff down. It still seemed a bit weird though. The statues would rotate like they were going to talk in the direction of a specific statue, yet any statue could hear on that “channel”. Maybe I’m missing something but it didn’t seem necessary for the creators to associate a statue with a symbol (other than the volcano being associated with the big A).

And we have yet another chapter in Arcadia. April’s been gone from Stark for at least 2 or 3 days now but still doesn’t seem too worried about standing up Cortez. I guess she figures she’s doing just fine on her journey without him. I just hope crow was able to follow April.

Someone remind me though: What does April have left to do? She has two stones of four, right? She was given a map to find the entrance to the guardian’s realm so does she just need two more stones and then get herself to the guardian’s realm?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #147

Just dropped by to say I haven't played last chapter at all. I'm spending my whole days at college and I haven't found the time to play this. Next week I'll announce the next chapter and hopefully start catching up.

P.S. For anyone who wants to know what I'm spending my time on - programming in assambly, c and c++ and figuring out Linux. Man that OS is amazing!

AGs currently playing:
PC: Sanitarium, Maupiti Island
iPhone: Broken Sword Director's Cut, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Old 03-16-2011, 03:14 AM   #148
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBull View Post
Maybe it was just me, but the previous chapter seemed like the longest one so far. I enjoyed it but wasn’t a big fan of the statue puzzle.
It's funny, I felt like the 2nd or 3rd chapters were the longest. This one went too quickly for me!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #149
Stalker of Britain

Having to run around listening to the Aletians stories was the longest part for me. *eye roll* lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-17-2011, 04:36 AM   #150

Chapter 9 was shorter than I was expecting. I think it took me about 20 minutes and that includes trying to go to the docks first to see if my fake ID was finally ready.

That was no shortage of development though. I have questions about Lady Alvane but I guess that discussion will have to wait until the end of the game.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:42 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBull View Post
I have questions about Lady Alvane but I guess that discussion will have to wait until the end of the game.
Or until you have also played Dreamfall...

Chapter 9 is very short but I think it's extremely interesting - especially relating to Dreamfall.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #152

Nanananananana... Batman! Ooops, wrong game Anyone else stoked for Batman: Arkham City?

And here is the real announcment!

Chapter 10: Rebirth

We've definitely crossed to the other half of the game.
I hope everyone is enjoying it! I'm having a hard time finding the time to play it but I should be able to hurry up at the end of week or beginning of next.

Next chapter is on Tuesday, March 29

AGs currently playing:
Old 03-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #153

Another super short chapter. We should have done the last two together but hopefully this will give people a chance to catch up.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #154

Three weeks to go! We should be on

Chapter 11: Kin

Anyone still playing? It feels like I haven't touched the game in weeks because of the last two really short chapters. Looking forward to finishing it off.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #155

I'm still behind, but after this Thursday I'm free from my college duties and I'll get into playing TLJ

AGs currently playing:
Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #156
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I'm playing! I've just been waiting for the announcement to go on - the short chapters are getting played in one session a week by me...
Old 03-30-2011, 01:36 AM   #157

Yes, it's really hard to stop playing after such a short chapter...
This playthrough is an excellent exercise in conquering my impatience.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #158

Finished chapter 11 last night.

I find it odd that April still doesn't recognize the Maerum / Alatien in the art studio. Maybe they just didn't create a new line of dialogue for this chapter.

Also,
Spoiler:
I wish it showed more of the aftermath of the Cortez/McAllen fight. Did the fall and crash? Did they disappear? Shouldn't they be reborn like the white dragon was at the beginning of the chapter?

Hopefully some of those questions get answered in the remainder of the game.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:34 AM   #159

How are you all doing? We are near the end of an amazing journey and an amazing community playthrough.

I gladly present the next chapter!

Chapter 12: Dreamland

Next chapter is on Tuesday, April 15

I finished Chapter 8 and slowly catching up. That statue puzzle wasn't as difficult as the posts made it look like.
My college exams went pretty well 70+% (I'm in top 10%) on each.

AGs currently playing:
Old 04-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h30n View Post
My college exams went pretty well 70+% (I'm in top 10%) on each.
Congratulations!

@DarthBull's spoiler:
Spoiler:
The white dragon is female. I guess that's the reason for the possibility of a "rebirth".