You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Can Someone Identify This Game? ;p It MIGHT Be Tough

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #1

Default Can Someone Identify This Game? ;p It MIGHT Be Tough

So, since I'm bored and I think many of you might be as well ;p I had a game in my mind that I played a loooong time ago, before I even know what "adventure games" were.

All I remember is that it was a text based game that had graphics, similar to the Hugo games (i think). The highlight of the game, the part that I remember, is that there was this river or lake that you had to cross or something like that and you had to answer a question. The question was along the lines of "What was the name of the hobbit in lord of the rings...yadda yadda" Because the internet wasn't around and I hadn't even HEARD of LOTR when I was that young, my friend and I could never progress past that point.

If any of you could reach down deep into your adventure gaming minds and discover what this game might be, I would be greatly appreciative. I want to go back and stomp it, thus completing a task I set forth in my childhood.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #2

Tolkien games are a good start to look

http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/...fset,25/so,1d/

Last edited by diego; 09-04-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #3

That sounds very much like he first Hugo game (I knew about LOTR but the next question was about Narnia and I gave up there).
Old 09-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #4

Maybe it IS the first hugo game!? I actually dont know! I booted up the game and was simply running around in the house..I didnt actually play it very far.

Thanks for the list of tolkien games, I'll check through those too. Appreciate it guys ;p

Edit: I just zoomed through a speed run on youtube of the first hugo game and you're absolutely right...that was it! To think..I've had it around this whole time ;p

Last edited by Cactusgod; 09-04-2010 at 08:07 AM.