You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Back to the Future first character concept art (and post-release reactions)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #21

I just studied the concept art in the first vid. And it's real cool that we get to explore these sets of the movie. And it will probably be as accurate as possible as Bob Gale is involved.
The perfect BttF fan-service.

Anyway after looking at the art it is really detailed. You can even recognize the part with the tv with to the left the machine that serves Einstein's food. And the clocks on the wall.
And opposite to the big blaster is a conventionly placed bookcase. =D
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #22

My turn!!!!

Part 3:http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-to-the/706593
Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
Many thanks! Things are looking great.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 10-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #24
The Quiet One

This is awesome! I can't wait to play it. It is a shame Michael J Fox didn't reprise his role, but this impersonator - AJ LoCascio - sounds really good.

One thing I'm suspicious of though, is that Telltale will completely ignore Clara, the Doc's own kids - Jules and Verne - the steam-powered locomotive equipped with a flux capacitor, and the smashed DeLorean at the end of the third movie.

But hey, I could be wrong.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 10-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #25

Quote:
and the smashed DeLorean at the end of the third movie.
I don't know about the other things, but I do thing they acknowledge the DeLorean having been smashed. As I read somewhere different plot outlines and they all describe the 'DeLorean suddenly appearing again.'

So the acknowledge it shouldn't exist in Marty's time.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #26
DON'T EAT THIS

The concept art looks awesome. I really like the style.

I know it's unimportant, but I feel quite annoyed seeing the title.
"The Game"? Really? Why couldn't they just think of some subtitle that will suits the storyline? That way it's sounds just like something that will go with "Iron Man: The Game" and "Avatar: The Game".

Yeah, I know it's just being whiny, but I still find it not very creative.
"Of such great powers or beings there may be conceivably a survival... a survival of a hugely remote period when... consciousness was manifested, perhaps, in shapes and forms long since withdrawn before the tide of advancing humanity... forms of which poetry and legend alone have caught a flying memory and called them gods, monsters, mythical beings of all sorts and kinds...."
Old 10-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #27
The Quiet One

Get the first episode free if you have a Telltale account! Very generous of them.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #28

Are you kidding me?! Can I play it now?!

EDIT: Owh I see....you'll get notified when its out.

I found this: http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

It has some updates with new art images of Marty and Doc's face.
And a young Emmett Brown. I have to say.....the young version of him doesn't feel out of place at all. It's like that's exactly how he would look if we got to see a young Emmett in the movies.

Last edited by Origami; 10-26-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #29
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
One thing I'm suspicious of though, is that Telltale will completely ignore Clara, the Doc's own kids - Jules and Verne - the steam-powered locomotive equipped with a flux capacitor, and the smashed DeLorean at the end of the third movie.
I wouldn't worry about that. Telltale takes their licenses seriously and isn't in the habit of rewriting history. Plus they're working with Bob Gale, who doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would let them get away with ignoring a big slice of the BTTF canon.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #30

To be honest....on the hand I would prefer BttF1 to be the only canon for this game. On the other hand not, since we would be missing out on Mattel's hoverboard and the year 2015.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #31

Someone over at TTG forums brought this interview up:

http://www.gamesvillage.it/piattafor...esclusiva.html

in one part, they say (Google translate)

What can you say about the gameplay? How will the game set?
TTG: Given the public to whom it is addressed, that is not only to fans of adventure games, but all those who loved the film (and there are many, and not all gamers!), We opted for a rather casual approach, with emphasis on the interaction between the characters, solving puzzles within the same location (not the Sam & Max, for instance) and some pieces of action.

So, they'll go for non-experienced adventurers too, which seems logical because many fans of the movie will wan't to try it even if they don't play adventure games. And according to this puzzles will be within one location, i just hope they come up with some clever puzzle designs in that regard.

Last edited by diego; 11-18-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #32

^
I don't think that's completely true though. I have been following the game very closely and I can confirm that you will at least carry a 'newspaper' as an item. I don't believe that item will be confined to one location.
Also don't forget they might consider the same location in different era's as one location.
Also this game is pretty realistic in the movie sense, so I think it's a wise choice to avoid crazy use of items.

I have faith in this game. I am up to date with the latest exclusive info releases and we heard some cool things up till now. This really looks like Telltale's most ambitious project by far. Also Bob Gale is involved with the project very closely. So far it seems he's exciting about the story TellTale has come up with and has had some input in it too. They say it basically goes like: Telltale presents idea to Bob -> Bob: "Great, but it might be better if you do it like this and...." -> Telltale wonders why they didn't think of that.

I can confirm that:
-George and Lorraine are in the game
-Biff is in the game. Also another member of the Tannen family but I will not reveal it because of spoilers
-You'll visit Hill Valley in 1931
-Tom Wilson might be the voice actor for Tannen characters. Thus they acquired his likeliness also.

Wow...I really haven't posted here for a long time. I am sorry I betrayed you all for the TellTale forums.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #33

It might be a good game indeed, but "casual approach" means probably easier difficulty too.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #34

They could circumvent the problem with the help of a hint system.

And it's common in TellTale games to notch up the difficulty with every new ep. Episode 1 might be easy yeah.

Grande Giovi! Lol is that Great Scott?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #35
The Quiet One

*Bump!*

The first episode is to be released next Wednesday!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #36
The Quiet One

According to an email I had from Telltale, the free episode will be available in February, in time for the second episode.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #37

I'll be playing it tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #38

Why adventure gamers, hasnt covered anything about BTTF the game...its not normal its like the biggest game this year, and no articles...
Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #39
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

It's here. And it's awesome! If you're a huge Back to the Future fan then you're going to be in heaven playing this. It's a little disappointing that some of the original actors aren't in it (especially Tom Wilson as Biff, who would've been great) but the people they got to replace them are all really good. It's also a tad bit on the easy side, but since this is really all about nostalgia and bringing back a beloved franchise, it makes sense that it's a little more accessible as it's not meant solely for hardcore adventure fans.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 12-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Why adventure gamers, hasnt covered anything about BTTF the game...its not normal its like the biggest game this year, and no articles...
My sentiments exactly... Way to help keep adventure games alive, AdventureGamers.