You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Back to the Future first character concept art (and post-release reactions)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #61
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Just finished episode 2 and I enjoyed it although I preferred the first one a little more. I was surprised how buggy this was: it crashed once for me and there's a bunch of hiccups like weird graphical glitches and a vanishing and appearing young Emmett. Considering they had 2 months to do this one - a month too long to begin with - it shouldn't have technical issues like this.

That being said, it was once again a lot of fun and it definitely sets up for what should be a really great 3rd episode. I just hope it's a shorter wait and a little more polished next time. A few tougher puzzles wouldn't hurt as well.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
It's been so long since the previous episode that I'm not sure I care anymore...
Agreed. I'm still looking forward to playing it tomorrow, but the gap between episodes is too big for my taste and really takes the momentum out of it.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:10 AM   #63

Send a message via MSN to Danny_HR

Bought it yesterday, was a tad late so i played only about 45 minutes into the first episode. I enjoyed it, not dificult and so far well made.

Looking forward to playing some more today, definitely.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #64
A Slice of Fried Gold

This new episode was great! Felt a bit longer and more substantial than the last two and there were definitely a lot more puzzles this time around. They do a great job bringing Jennifer into the game as well, with Claudia Wells from the first BTTF movie finally getting to reprise the role. And this is definitely the best they've used Christopher Llyod so far, some of the stuff near the end with Doc is fantastic. I can't wait for the next two episodes now, I think Telltale are going to knock them out of the park.

The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 04-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #65

And the award for Most Boring Game of the Year Decade goes to... Back to the Future Episode 3!

What a nightmare! Those felt like the three longest hours of my life, two thirds of which were spent wading through never-ending multi-level conversation trees, listening to entirely-uninteresting dialogue. And the remaining third doesn't have any redeeming quality: no exploration whatsoever, since you're just running around the same locations as in the previous episodes, hardly any puzzles, and the plot is just an entirely predictable stream of tired clichés... Ugh.

It's hard to believe that the company that made The Devil's Playhouse, one of the best adventure games ever, could be responsible for this piece of trash. (And people thought the whole Dragon Age 2 screw-up was bad!)
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #66
In an evening of July...

Quote:
And the award for Most Boring Game of the Year Decade goes to... Back to the Future Episode 3!

What a nightmare! Those felt like the three longest hours of my life, two thirds of which were spent wading through never-ending multi-level conversation trees, listening to entirely-uninteresting dialogue. And the remaining third doesn't have any redeeming quality: no exploration whatsoever, since you're just running around the same locations as in the previous episodes, hardly any puzzles, and the plot is just an entirely predictable stream of tired clichés... Ugh.

It's hard to believe that the company that made The Devil's Playhouse, one of the best adventure games ever, could be responsible for this piece of trash. (And people thought the whole Dragon Age 2 screw-up was bad!)
Couldn't disagree more. I got into BttF after the first episode released for free, bought the whole season immediately after finishing it. Every episode has been a great tribute to the movies and a fun adventure. It's everything I want from an episodic, casual game like this: it's short, uncomplicated and engaging. I enjoyed the dialogue, the voices are amazing and the plot is very much in the spirit of the original movies. Also, I hate puzzles.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #67

While I can't put my finger on it, there's something missing for me in this series. But I'm still enjoying it and looking forward to the remaining two episodes.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #68
Senior Automaton

Quote:

Agreed. And I just cringe every dialogue line and the voices. I liked the movies but I don't really enjoy when a game tries so hard to get you to like it. I would not hold very high hopes for Jurassic Park but given Telltale's inconsistency it could very well be a masterpiece.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #69

I still haven't even finished the first episode... I played for around 20 minutes and just couldn't get into it at all, even though I quite like the movies.

I will play through them some time, but my first impression of this series was pretty bad, to put it mildly.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #70

I think episode three is absolutely wonderful and hope that four and five continue in this theme and tone.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #71
A Slice of Fried Gold

The last episode was fantastic, easily the best of the entire season. Some might argue that it's fairly easy and light on actual puzzles once again but I don't think that was ever really the point of the series - this was always pure Back to the Future fan service and this episode is definitely the best they've done at staying true to the franchise. The emotional moments are genuinely moving, the script is funnier (and finally goes a little more PG-13 unlike the somewhat safer earlier episodes) and MICHAEL J. FOX!!!! appears and does a fantastic job in a bunch of roles.

There's been some mixed-to-negative reaction to this entire season and honestly, I don't understand it at all. Like everything episodic, it's a little up and down sometimes, but I've had a genuinely great time playing through the entire thing. I can't wait for the next season which they pretty much guarantee at the end of this one.

The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 06-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #72

I also loved outatime, come across the glass house bug at first so I had to restart the game. Great final episode.