You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Shop 50% discount

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #21

So far I have gotten Dark Fall Lost Souls, Sherlock Holmes the Awakened, Sherlock Holmes the Secret of the Silver Earring...

Still tempted by The Whispered World, Sinking Island, and Sherlock Holmes Nemesis
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #22
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Suffice to say TAGES have fixed the issues now so everything is back to normal.
Yeah, I just activated Ceville here. I also bought 3 more games, Art of Murder "1 & 2" and Syberia, and now I'm done.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #23

I've never ordered from them...can these games can be archived onto DVD (like a GOG release) or will they always require activation and you're really only buying a single use license? If I can archive them there's half a dozen I'll buy right now...if not I'll just wait till I find a hard copy on sale for a comparable price.

EDIT: Just noticed the info link on their site. So they say you can do multiple installs and back-up but I'm curious if reinstalling or future installations on a new PC will require you to connect to their server to authenticate the installation. If so I'll pass simply because I want permanent copies of my games that don't rely on someone else keeping their servers up.

Last edited by Lupin The Third; 06-15-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #24
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

When they mail you the download links they mention that you can burn those files to a dvd if you want. That's the backup they're talking about, so it doesn't get around having to do online activation again.
They also mention that the download links work six times, though you can contact support for more. I'm not sure how often you can activate, but I assume you can also call support for more activations if you run out.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #25

Is anyone else still having issues activating? I am putting in the activation code but the box is not lighting up so I can continue. The next box is still greyd out.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #26

I bought 3 games in the last 3 days, "The Whispered World", "Darkness Within 2", and "Dark Fall Lost Souls". All appear to be working well. None of these games are available at any Canadian retail chains, so I was delighted to find them here.

I also wanted to purchase "Black Mirror 2", but that game does not appear to be available for purchase right now, anywhere on the Adventure Shop. Even when I click on a link in the review, the purchase option is not there.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #27

I'm still debating on getting the Whispered World or Sinking Island...or both...got until tomorrow then the deal ends.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #28
professional recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryfades View Post
I'm still debating on getting the Whispered World or Sinking Island...or both...got until tomorrow then the deal ends.
You might skip Sinking Island unless you really, really love either Sokol and the Syberia games or detective games. I enjoy both, but thought that Sinking Island was a huge disappointment--not a single likable character in the lot (including the dull-as-nails protagonist) and a boring story that was easy to guess and difficult to care about. It didn't even have the usual 'stunning and varied graphics' factor that made Syberia so great since, set on an island, the locations were relatively limited & you had to trudge through them a million times each. I don't even remember any particularly good puzzles. Ugh.

That said, I bought Whispered World in this sale and am thrilled with it so far...

I'm really tempted to get more just because of the OMG SALE! yayness. I was considering Ceville but I keep having to remind myself that I don't even prefer comic adventures & really should save my money.
I like the way colors taste. Except I don't like crimsons... or turquoises... especially when they put their heads in their shells and won't play, and when you break their shells to let them out, they DIE...