You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Telltale to make Back to the Future and Jurassic Park games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannik View Post
It's usually just movie tie-ins, that end up as bad product.
There are a few exceptions like Blade Runner and Indiana Jones. Those are good games.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #42
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco View Post
Nelson Tethers is a) not a series and b) releasing before either of those other franchises. That's the whole point of having multiple teams.
Well, I did say potential series. Isn't that why they're calling it a pilot? Telltale has been releasing two seasons every year since 2008 IRC, so I don't doubt they can handle Back to the Future and Jurassic Park. I just fear that even if Puzzle Agent to be success they wouldn't work on a second Nelson Tethers game/episode anytime soon.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #43
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldO View Post
Well, I did say potential series. Isn't that why they're calling it a pilot? Telltale has been releasing two seasons every year since 2008 IRC, so I don't doubt they can handle Back to the Future and Jurassic Park. I just fear that even if Puzzle Agent to be success they wouldn't work on a second Nelson Tethers game/episode anytime soon.
I think you're worrying about delays on something that doesn't even exist yet.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #44

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

i dont know about you guys but im worried about duke nukem forever getting delayed
Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 AM   #45
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Ok, that does sound silly
Old 06-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
I don't know why, but I'm completely underwhelmed by this announcement.
Yeah, it's not exactly exciting adventure licenses. Oh well, more games.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #47

Quote:
As long as we get to fly the hoverboard in Back to the Future I'm game
As for me, If I don't get to sniff around in search for the hoverboards components so I can build it from the scratch (I, know, I know - it's silly, but it's just an example), or walk from one character to another for at least 20 times back and forth in order to get some silly errands done - I'd probably pass on this game.

I mean, if I merely want to enjoy the wind in my hair, I'd go back on my NFS Most Wanted anytime.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #48

I hope they succesfully implement some time traveling elements. Like you have to travel between two eras and if you change something it has consequences in the future.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #49

Quote:
As long as we get to fly the hoverboard in Back to the Future I'm game
Quote:
Originally Posted by So There View Post
As for me, If I don't get to sniff around in search for the hoverboards components so I can build it from the scratch (I, know, I know - it's silly, but it's just an example), or walk from one character to another for at least 20 times back and forth in order to get some silly errands done - I'd probably pass on this game.

I mean, if I merely wtnt to enjoy the wind in my hair, I'd go back on my NFS Most Wanted anytime.
I didn't say that *all* I want to do in a BTTF game is to fly a hoverboard, I just think it would be a nice addition

Last edited by Jannik; 06-21-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 AM   #50
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
I don't know why, but I'm completely underwhelmed by this announcement.
Truth be told, I'm inclined to agree.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
I hope they succesfully implement some time traveling elements. Like you have to travel between two eras and if you change something it has consequences in the future.
Haha of course...this will presumably be pretty much the core gameplay.

Quote:
I didn't say that *all* I want to do in a BTTF game is to fly a hoverboard, I just think it would be a nice addition
It would be absurd and such a waste to have a BTTF game where you can't directly control a skateboard/hoverboard and the DeLorean. It just isn't negotiable. This is why I have very mixed feelings about Telltale having the license despite the fact that it's probably the #1 license I want to see a game made into. If Rockstar had it, you don't even want to know what inappropriate things I would be doing to myself as we speak.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #52

I really, really enjoyed Tales of Monkey Island (which was the first Telltale series I played) and am currently having a blast playing Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, so I'm definitely curious to see what the Telltale guys have in store for Back to the Future and Jurassic Park.

But then, I have to agree with some of you; there's something utterly underwhelming about these two franchises. I don't think it's because they're old movies (I mean, I'd play a new Jedi Outcast-styled shooter set in the original Star Wars trilogy any day) so I don't know what it is.

I do like Marty, Doc, and hoverboards though. We'll see.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #53

Back to the Future a underwhelming franchise? No wai!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #54

Well, it's not the movies themselves that I find underwhelming, but rather, the idea of Telltale series based upon them. I don't mean that in a totally negative way either, as I could easily end up being pleasantly surprised with the end results.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #55

Yeah, it's always good to have low expectations. =)
Old 07-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #56

Back to the future games sound nice, but Jurassic Park??? How can one put all those action elements/sequences into an adventure game without turning it into an action game?

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 07-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #57
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
How can one put all those action elements/sequences into an adventure game without turning it into an action game?
One can't, that's why they're “ not making a point-and-click dinosaur game”.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #58

HOLY SHIT THEY'RE MAKING A BTTF ADVENTURE GAME!

Sorry... but I don't visit this place for a few weeks and THIS bomb shell hits. lol

I am confident this will be great folks. Remember, Telltale were former LucasArts employees and LucasArts gave us the remarkable Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Back to the Future is going to be one to look for with mouth slobbering anticipation.

Jurassic Park is one that makes me curious. Will it be adventure or maybe a mixture of action-adventure? What direction will Telltale take this very promising franchise.

All I know is that an amazing game developer is making a game for two equally amazing and epic movie franchises.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #59

Back to the Future being my favorite movie of all time and Telltale Games a company I highly admire and who keep surprising me, this seems like a match made in heaven.

HOWEVER, I'm a bit scared that they might go the same route as the Universal Studios BTTF ride with its ice-age and dinosaur era settings, that imho didn't have much to do with the movie trilogy I so love. Keep it to Hill Valley between 1885 and 2015 and I'll be a happy time-traveler. (And they'd better not change the canon timeline just 'cause its 2010 already and we don't have flying cars).
Old 07-03-2010, 04:04 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageGothic View Post
HOWEVER, I'm a bit scared that they might go the same route as the Universal Studios BTTF ride with its ice-age and dinosaur era settings,
@*$&@(!!!!!

Now that you've mentioned that, I think that's exactly what they're going to do! Dammit....my expectations of this game have somewhat diminished.

A great redeemer however is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTGyeGgMpk8

I hope they insert different versions of it in the game. =)