You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The adventure game discount thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #21
Hopeful skeptic

Adventure Shop is having a 50% off Friday the 13th sales today on select horror games.

Also, Amanita publicly reported that it sold 17,000 copies of Machinarium on sale, so it's extending the Pirate Amnesty deal a few more days.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #22

For those of you who are not subscribed to the GOG newsletter; Phantasmagoria & Phantasmagoria 2 are on sale for $11.18 for the two this weekend on GOG.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #23

In addition to the pre-order offer of Grey Matter for £11.62, Lace Mamba also has the Special Edition of the Casebook trilogy for £7.49 - very cheap indeed. Low shipping to Sweden (£2.21 for both) doesn't make it worse.

http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/gray-matter-p-52.html
http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/caseboo...tion-p-62.html
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 AM   #24

I'm in the US and when I go to order Grey Matter at Mamba Games it shows the shipping as £2.21. Is this right? I can't imagine they're going to sell the game at less than half price and ship it to the US for about $3 USD....
Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by harald View Post
In addition to the pre-order offer of Grey Matter for £11.62, Lace Mamba also has the Special Edition of the Casebook trilogy for £7.49 - very cheap indeed. Low shipping to Sweden (£2.21 for both) doesn't make it worse.

http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/gray-matter-p-52.html
http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/caseboo...tion-p-62.html
The Terms and Conditions make it sound like a download, even thought they show a picture of a box with DVD written on it.
http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/terms-conditions-i-13.html

Are they selling a DVD or a download?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #26

I honestly don't know. It wasn't clear. I know they offer both downloads and physical, shipped products. They carry the Machinarium Collector's Edition for example, which has a picture of the box and manuals. Casebook and Grey Matter don't have a picture like that, but that might be because they're not released yet.

They did charge me shipping though. I expect to get at least one of them as a physical product. If both are downloads that's fine too I suppose, but they'd better refund the shipping if that's the case!

Last edited by harald; 08-23-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #27
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Hey all, I'm not too sure how many Canadian AGers will be able to take advantage of this, but every year during the CNE in Toronto (Canadian National Exhibition, this year from August 20 until September 6) there are always several huge DVD, book and PC game warehouse liquidation sales. There are literally hundreds of boxed copies of recent and older adventure game titles selling at $6 each or $4 for $20, and some in jewel case only at $5.00 each or 5 for $20!

$6 each or 4 for $20
Adventure Collection (RHEM 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Penumbra: Overture)
Agatha Christie Double Murder Pack (And Then There Were None + Murder on the Orient Express)
Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun
Ankh
The Black Mirror
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
Crystal Key II
Dark Fall: The Journal
Dark Fall II: Lights Out
Dead Reefs
Delaware St. John: The Seacliff Tragedy
Destination: Treasure Island
Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon
Dreamfall (Game of the Year edition, including The Longest Journey)
The Experiment
Indigo Prophecy
Keepsake
Legacy: Dark Shadows
Missing
Evidence: The Last Ritual
Murder in the Abbey
Mystery of the Nautilus
Nancy Drew 14: Danger by Design
ND 15: Creature of Kapu Cave
ND 18: Phantom of Venice
ND 20: Ransom of the Seven Ships
Next Life
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
Penumbra: Black Plague
The Sacred Rings
Secrets of Atlantis
Secret Files: Tunguska
Sentinel: Descendants in Time
Shadow of Destiny
Treasure Island
The Ugly Prince Duckling
A Vampyre Story
Viva Adventure Anthology (Syberia II, Riddle of the Sphinx, The Omega Stone, Physicus, Paradise, AGON: The Mysterious Codex (plus Black Buccaneer))

$5 each or 5 for $20
Crime Stories (Martin Mystère)
Curse of Atlantis: Thorgal's Quest
Forever Worlds
The Legend of the Prophet and the Assassin
Lightbringer (CD-ROM version)
Mysterious Journey II
URU: Complete Chronicles

If I hadn't already bought most of these games (some at full price ), I probably would have brought a cartload of these titles home!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #28
Stalker of Britain

For a limited time on Wadjeteyegames.com, you can get "Puzzle Bots" for $4.99 with a promotional code, but for the life of me, I've lot what the code is.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #29
Failed Birthday Elf

Allow me!

NEW YORK, September 2, 2010 – As gamers converge in Seattle for the Penny Arcade Expo, independent publisher Wadjet Eye Games is celebrating Puzzle Bots’ selection for the PAX 10, the expo’s independent game showcase. Now through September 6, the downloadable PC game is available from http://www.puzzle-bots.com for just $4.99—a 50% savings over the regular $9.99 price. Customers can take advantage of the special offer by entering the coupon code PUZZLEPAX at checkout.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #30
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

25% off at Telltale if you pre-order Poker Night
If you pre-order Poker Night at the Inventory at Telltale's store, you get a 25% discount on everything else (with a couple of exceptions) in the same order. Poker Night isn't an adventure game itself, but since it's only $4.95 it can still be a net savings.

Telltale is also temporarily discounting The Devil's Playhouse to $19.95. That offer can't be combined with the one above, and I'm not sure how long it'll stay valid.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #31
Dungeon Master

I had a wonderful time playing Puzzle Bots, but I couldn't help but think that its 3-hour playtime doesn't quite warrant the $15 I paid for it in preorder (especially as the puzzles really star capitalising on the premise only towards the end). But at $5? - it's an absolute must! The most hilarious game in ages. Go buy it everyone!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #32
Dungeon Master

Default The Great Adventure Bundle 2010!

Telltale is selling the entire KQ collection, The Whispered World, Jack Keane and the first Penny Arcade game for $19,95! That's cool enough, but if the interest reaches certain threshold, they'll add their own Puzzle Agent and second season of Sam & Max to the mix. And 25% of all income is sent to charity!

Honestly, that's the second best bundle I've ever seen! (The first being the pure awesomeness that was The Humble Indie Bundle. Which I imagine must have inspired this one. I sure hope even more stores and publishers will follow this model in the future - it's a great deal for customers and a lot of great marketing for everyone involved.)

Oh, and mods, I consider it more than just a discount, but please merge this with that thread if you disagree.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #33

So they are individually 20 dollars? Or all together 20 dollars?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
So they are individually 20 dollars? Or all together 20 dollars?
All together. HOT!!

This is a crazy deal. Wow!!! but I already own all these games on GoG/Steam/Xbox Live. Maybe I should double dip for a great cause?
Old 09-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #35

Bit of an overreaction to an attempt to sell old, outdated games to a bunch of gullible colelctors who have probably already purchased them dozens of times throughout their lifetime.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #36
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_doubtsy View Post
This is a crazy deal. Wow!!! but I already own all these games on GoG/Steam/Xbox Live. Maybe I should double dip for a great cause?
It'd be more worthwhile for you to donate directly to the charity instead of doing that. Only 25% of your $20 is going to charity when purchasing the pack.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #37

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

Bought the telltale offer since I wanted Whispered World and Kings Quest. Hoping for Puzzle Quest!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 AM   #38
Thats the ticket

Just bought the Telltale pack. So far 636 sold, 5k needed for Puzzle Quest. How much for Sam and Max? Lets hope Christmas comes early....
Old 09-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbman View Post
Bit of an overreaction to an attempt to sell old, outdated games to a bunch of gullible colelctors who have probably already purchased them dozens of times throughout their lifetime.
Did I miss something?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #40

How pathetic! I didn't know adventure games were THAT "niche". The Telltale 20$ bundle for 12 games isn't selling at all.

They already unlocked Puzzle Agent because the bundle wasn't selling enough but at this rate they will struggle to even reach 2000 copies before the sale is over.

The humble indie bundle with older "indie games" made upwards of 1 million dollars in sales. It's embarrassing how there is no interest at all for adventure games in the mainstream

Telltale are almost giving away these games for free (and for charity!) and yet people don't care.