You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The adventure game discount thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 04:25 AM   #41
Super Moderator

I'd guess that the majority of people who would have bought the items that are now on sale, own them already.

There's nothing available that I don't have already, at least.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #42
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII View Post
Bought the telltale offer since I wanted Whispered World and Kings Quest. Hoping for Puzzle Quest!
Just purchased the bundle this morning, since I don't already own these same games. Considering that TWW is $30.00 for the retail version and Puzzle Agent is $9.95, this is a huge deal for me! Score!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
I'd guess that the majority of people who would have bought the items that are now on sale, own them already.
I don’t think so. People go crazy for 10 years old games on Steam when there is a sale, even for games that already sold millions. Look at the numbers for the indie bundle, some of those games were older than the Telltale bundle and they were on sale several times on multiples platforms and yet they sold almost 140 000 copies. The Whispered World and Puzzle Agent just came out, it’s hard to believe that most people already got them so there was no one left to buy the bundle. Their sales numbers must be very impressive then.

I think that the bundle didn't get enough attention outside of Telltale’s website/newsletter. Even on this site the thread was quickly closed and moved to a thread that gets completely ignored by everybody. The sale is time-limited so let the thread die by itself, no need to shut it down asap.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #44
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

If you're going to make that comparison there are some important aspects of the Humble Indie Bundle you should take into account.
  • It was pay-what-you-want, with the average amount payed close to $10.
  • People could divide their money among the developers and charities in whatever way they wanted.
  • It was cross-platform.
  • It was DRM-free.
  • It and these features were new enough to generate a lot of buzz in and of itself.
Given all that I'm afraid I don't find it surprising at all that the adventure bundle isn't doing as well.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:08 AM   #45
Knights Templar

Default Iphone MI:2 on offer

Just in case you have not got it yet Monkey Island 2 is on offer for 59p from the Iphone apps store...not sure for how long..!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #46
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks for the heads-up, it's $0.99 in the US. I could probably scrounge up that much from under my couch cushions...
Old 09-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #47
Chicken with a bite

On the PlayStation Network in Europe: Talk Like A Pirate Day Special offer until September 22nd

Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle (The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2) (Introductory Offer for one week only £6.29/€7.99) Rating: PEGI 12
Old 09-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #48

A question about Telltales super offer.
Are these download purchases instead of receiving hard copies?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #49
I changed my title

I'm assuming they are. Some of these games don't even have a hard copy (Puzzle Agent).

By the way, starting tomorrow and until Monday, Telltale are offering Tales of MI for $4.95. (I think, can't check the website right now)
Old 09-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #50
Dungeon Master

$5? The Comic-Con Sale, Adventure Bundle, and now this. After the latest Sam & Max season I might have finally fully joined the Telltale bandwagon, but -- I have to say this -- I am this close to vowing to never again buy any of their games at the original price level.

Sure, I know that you are always paying more for the privilege of playing the game as one of the first, and later price reductions are par of the course, but the line (in terms of how much, how early and how often) must be drawn somewhere. The Devil's Playhouse was on sale twice before the season even finished! Meanwhile, the promised future perks for people who had preordered it materialised in the form of one 20% coupon (that I was never even mailed for some reason, but didn't care enough to complain too much as 20% is pretty laughable compared to discounts in open-for-all sales Telltale regularly has). This leaves me and other preorderers with a coupon code for a free episode, which, again, in light of regular attractive offers on full seasons, doesn't seem all that hot.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #51
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Good news about the Adventure Bundle. Starting tomorrow, Telltale is unlocking the Sam & Max part, regardless of whether the original goal is met or not.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #52

Lot's of Monkey Island goodness today.

Steam is offering MI 1 SE and MI2 SE for 4.99 each or 7.49 for both.

Also, to commemorate "talk like a pirate day" Telltale is offering Tales of Monkey Island for just 4.95. The offer is good until Monday.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #53
Stalker of Britain

Hmm, I also saw on "Steam" that "Jolly Rover" is only about $5. I've been debating getting it.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #54
fov
Rattenmonster

Secret of Monkey Island special edition for iPhone is now $0.99 as well.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #55

Default Monkey Island 1 and 2 (Redux) on Steam for 7 Dollars

Steam is having a Lucasarts sale this weak, where a different Lucasarts title is available for 75% off every day.

Today they have the special editions of Monkey Island 1 and 2 in a bundle for 7 dollars for both of them.

Just giving everyone a heads up.

I love adventure games, but criminally, have never played the Monkey Island series. So I snapped up the special edition bundle pretty quickly.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #56
fov
Rattenmonster

This week only, Puzzle Agent for iPhone / iPod Touch is $0.99.
Details here.

I waited to play this game on my iPod Touch and thought it was great on this platform.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #57

GOG.com have a weekend sale (im guessing it will end today then )

which is basically their most popular games.

includes syberia and the longest journey 50% off (4.99) and myst masterpiece edition for $2.99, although i imagine all of you have those two.

i didn;t have longest journey yet (dont plan to play it until im into the genre a bit more) but couldn;t resist buying it along with GK1 for $11
Old 10-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #58

Default Tales of MI on sale for $4.99 on Steam

Just a heads up. The entire Tales of MI is on sale today on Steam for 4.99. I hate DRM, and I'm not crazy about telltale, but for 4.99? I did it.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #59

i really dont like telltale, but i might just give it a buy
Old 10-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #60

GOG is doing an Anuman promo this weekend which includes Amerizone, Stilllife, and Syberia 1 & 2:

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/anuman_games