You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hotel Dusk sequel confirmed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickless View Post
A very very short gameplay clip of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0seNknYoIc#t=4m59s

Looks like more of the same, which isn't a bad thing. I'm hoping to see more open environments to explore, rather than just corridors like in the first game.
Yep, looks awesome I doubt we'll see bigger, open environments, though. Partly due to the DS hardware, but also because it would inflate the scope of the game. I doubt Cing would go for larger environments unless they could fill it with detailed, meaningful content and I get the feeling they just want to stick to the simple building structure. I'm sure it'll be similar to the last game, with corridors, some bigger rooms and some smaller rooms.

Last edited by orient; 12-02-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #22

To be honest, I know I'm taking a fanboy stance here, but I really wouldn't care at all if they didn't innovate in any way. I was happy with three identical Phoenix Wright games, and I'd be perfectly happy with more of the same here. I feel like adding too much new stuff might destroy that great 'homey' feel the first one had.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #23
Staff Member

Been meaning to express my feelings in this thread, so here they are in a nutshell: YES!

I got the original one Christmas, and I remember being addicted. It's a stupidly obvious thing to say, but you know you're playing an amazing game when just you can't put down your DS. I whizzed through it in the holiday period, and it's probably my favourite DS game of all time. A sequel is something I've always been hoping for, and more of the same is so fine by me.

Hotel Dusk managed to tell its story all in one place, one building. None of this huge, epic story that some games seem to be aiming for, Dusk kept it personal and let you get to know all of the characters in detail and why they were at the hotel. Honestly, I can look past the flaws of the game simply due to how engrossing the intricate the plot is.

And come on, Kyle Hyde is bad ass. Anyone who says "chump" is.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #24
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

So if I'm not mistaken, in about 36 yours Last Window - 真夜中の約束 will hit Japanese stores. I'm pretty excited waiting for the first sales figures to show up on teh interwebs.

After Another Code R and the last Fatal Frame I'm still afraid this game won't get an NA release.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #25
Cabbage Merchant

Last Window was reviewed by Famitsu (1-UP link)

32/40 seems pretty good. I'm not very interested in scores but I know a lot of gamers are. I hope this one sells tons so we get a localized version ASAP.

Quote:
... and a lack of an option that lets you review the text of an entire conversation
the only thing that bothered me.

Last edited by HaroldO; 01-17-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Bad grammar. No soup for me!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #26
full of tricks

I don't think the Japanese sales figure would be a factor, what matters is if they think it will sell enough over here.

I think Hotel Dusk sold reasonably well in both EU and US, and the fact that the sequel is released on the same system would probably help its case for an English version too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldO View Post
Quote:
... and a lack of an option that lets you review the text of an entire conversation
the only thing that bothered me at first.
In the game, you can press the Select button to bring up a log of the past conversation.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #27
Fing-longer Inventor

Wow that's exciting news, the first one was the reason I brought a DS, loved the graphic novel feel and the fact that you actually held the console like a book, hoping for more of the same
Old 01-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #28
Cabbage Merchant

@Trickless: never mind my last sentence, I meant other thing. It's just my bad grasp of the English language

Let's hope NoA or other publisher show interest in localizing LW.