You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Monkey Island 2 in real time 3D

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #21

Spoiler:
I thought it was always supposed to be George Lucas, even in the old version.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #22
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keregioz View Post
Spoiler:

George Lucas was a cameo only in the special edition, as for the theme park I'd like to think that Ron Gilbert had a specific reason to put it there, I'm sure you're aware of the many theories floating around.

I didn't say monkey island was a serious adventure game. Yeah it's about spoofing pirates, ghosts ans voodoo while keeping a dark and grimy atmosphere that fits that specific era. Yes there where some anachronisms in the first games but there were far less and served basically to provide some comedy moments, the gameplay wasn't based on them. I really don't see how the death scene in SMI is the same with the stuff I mentioned.

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand what is your problem. I just stated my opinion that the atmosphere in TMI doesn't feel like the 3 first games to me (at least not yet). You on the other hand seem to enjoy it much more, good for you but why you feel the need to insult anyone that doesn't agree with you?
Maybe I should just say that ToMI feels almost exactly like Curse, but even if I point out why, you won't agree. So insulting is the next best thing. Besides getting banned, which I'll pass this time around.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Maybe I should just say that ToMI feels almost exactly like Curse, but even if I point out why, you won't agree. So insulting is the next best thing. Besides getting banned, which I'll pass this time around.

Oh...ok. That makes sense I guess.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
I treat ToMI like all episodic series. I don't expect all the answers to show up in the first episode like many people seem to expect.
I didn't expect that but if I compare the first and second chapter of Curse of - and the prologue and first chapter of Escape from Monkey Island I see a distinct lack of quality. For me Curse of - was perfect in every respect and Escape from Monkey Island had a great first and final chapter (it was the bit in between that I didn't like that much, still was all right though) but I just don't feel that way about ToMI yet. Although as I said before I did very much like the second episode, and the next one looks even better so far. So I do very much like the way the series is going.

Last edited by Melanie68; 09-30-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #25
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keregioz View Post
Spoiler:

George Lucas was a cameo only in the special edition, as for the theme park I'd like to think that Ron Gilbert had a specific reason to put it there, I'm sure you're aware of the many theories floating around.
Spoiler:
George Lucas was in the original edition as well. The theme park is reused in the third game as well (you even get a toy from the theme park when you're eaten by the snake).

So I would still say that there are many things that have nothing to do with pirates, ghosts, lost treasures or voodoo in the first 3 games as well.

EDIT: I just realised that the discussion had already pretty much reached the end.

Last edited by Henke; 09-29-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #26

Yes, I guess the discussion reached its end but still...concerning the george lucas cameo...

Did anyone honestly got that this was George Lucas based on that?.... unless there was some other clue, it's been a while since I've played the original version.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #27

I didn't get it from just playing the game itself. I don't know where it was mentioned, probably a FAQ or game guide or whatever.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 09-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #28
Headbanger

He he he, it has always been known among the hardcore fans (I guess the development team spilled the beans).

In any case, a guy in a troll costume as well as neon signs who was featured in the first game isn't exactly from the world of pirates. So my point remains.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #29
Friendly Server Admin

Hmm, a bearded guy appearing in what's an obvious in-joke in a game made by (at the time) Lucasfilm Games. It's a puzzler