You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Tales of Monkey Island

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #361
The Quiet One

I've just noticed that amazon.de are selling the complete Tales of Monkey Island collection on a DVD. Wha!? Why!? How come the whole collection is available in Germany but no where else? Or does this mean it'll soon be available elsewhere too?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #362

There was English DVD collection, but i think it was limited.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:47 AM   #363
Fulci lives

Just got my hands on this, the collectors edition of the Tales of the Monkey Island.

Inside the box(shaped like a treasure chest) you get a cloth map, pieces of eight coin, voodoo card, Trial of the Century badge.
Pretty cool, eh?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamham Chan View Post
Just got my hands on this, the collectors edition of the Tales of the Monkey Island.

Inside the box(shaped like a treasure chest) you get a cloth map, pieces of eight coin, voodoo card, Trial of the Century badge.
Pretty cool, eh?
No way holy crap.... thats awesome.
I got to get me one of these. Do you know if they will release anymore?
I so want this badly.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #365

Ha Ha sweet... almost 15 minutes after writing my previous response I have just
ordered and will pick my copy today of 'The Tales of Monkey Island' collectors edition.
Awesome. I am so excited.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #366
Senior Automaton

Wow, that's unbelievable packaging. They must have put a lot of effort into making that.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #367

Well I Have been playing it over the weekend and I was hesitant at first about the 3D aspect (remembering how bad Monkey 4 was) but I have to say its very good, fun to play. (although a little too easy). Not sure about the single click as I feel its taking away a lot from the original game mechanics...and making it feel like a totally different genera of adventure (if thats possible)....
but it works on its own merits and because of the solid story, great humour it feels pretty good!
I would like to of seen this done in 2D hand drawn/painted background but I understand its easier to do it in 3D (less work I guess) but some of the environments seem empty and without life. But apart from this I am still enjoying it and am loving old Guybrush's voice once again.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #368

I've completed all of the Tales of Monkey Island and i have to say they get much better as they go on, the last few episodes are classic MI, great scripts and voice acting, i hope they do more in the future
Old 04-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #369

Got them all for my Wii, pretty good. Apart from the last episode where Guybrushes hands kept disapearing.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #370

I have just heard Telltale are now bringing out the Kings Quest episodic adventures.
Now Is it me or is Telltale producing water down version of these Adventure games.
Now although I appreciate them keeping the games alive for a new generation.
I some how feel there developing them for a much younger audience. Like 8-13 year olds.
The Puzzles and problem solving are way too easy. The navigation has been dumbed down
to a single mouse click and the visuals (graphics) are to say the least... Simple. The 3D just makes it look
like a cheap & crappy children's cartoon which lacks any detail and is completely void of any charm & character. (although the back to the future games are improving on this style)
Lastly whats with the episodic adventures... its becoming very popular.... I don't know why people like to pay several times for a short episode that last about 2 hour when really we should be getting the full game in one hit!
Now I know a lot of people will disagree but is there anyone else that does agree
with my sentiment on this.

Last edited by Weare6; 05-01-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #371
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weare6 View Post
Now Is it me or is Telltale producing water down version of these Adventure games.
Absolutely. Tales of MI is not even really a Monkey Island game in terms of the puzzles. The style and deviousness of the puzzles that we had in 1-4 were just not there, though it tried very hard. The only one that came close was the very last puzzle which a bit like the MI3 end puzzle.