You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What % of your gaming is devoted to adventures?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #41
Easily amused

99% PC point and click adventures and 1% Peter's Jigsaws.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #42
aye, aye!

It's like RPGs and Adventures have switched place for me. I don't enjoy leveling up anymore, so now it's usually 70% adventure, 20% games influenced by adventure games (Prince of Persia kind of games) and 10% RPGs.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #43
Citizen of Bizarro World

Hmm. I probably do casual gaming like 85% of the time--random stuff on my phone. Then RPGs, RTSs and adventures split about equally for the remaining 15%.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 01-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #44

Ooh, interesting (and scary) question.

Much as I'd like to say "100%" , I'd actually have to say the reality was somewhere around the 20-30% mark at the moment, being a mix of IF/text adventures and 3rd person point-n-click.

The rest of my gaming time these days probably looks something like:

- Puzzle games (e.g. Picross DS) - 20%
- 3rd person action-adventure, (e.g. Zelda, Okami) - 20%
- Psychedelic shooters (Rez on PS2 and Geometry Wars Galaxies on DS) - 10%
- Other (anything from Lego Star Wars, SRPGs to Shanghai) - 10%

This will probably skew back toward adventure for a while though, as last night I got a replacement stylus for my DS, and in the meantime I've acquired both Another Code and the first Phoenix Wright game cheaply off eBay, so if they manage to grab me then the adventure percentage will skew right up again, however briefly...
Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #45
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

The majority of my gaming is split between Adventure games and RPGs, so... I don't know, 40% Adventure Games, 40% RPGs, 10% Strategy, and the remaining 10% split between Sims, Sports and Action games.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #46

I seem to be playing less and less adventure games these days, simply because good adventures are so few and far between. At the moment, it's probably something like 10% adventure.

When one does come along, I tend to drop whatever I'm otherwise playing and focus on the Adventure Game. In the gaming world, I don't think anything generates quite the same sense of satisfaction - for me at least - as solving puzzles in a great adventure game.

If I go without a proper adventure for a while, I do get cravings. Last week, to satisfy an itch, I bought So Blonde and Simon the Sorcerer 4... to find the former impossible to install and the latter teeth-grindingly, brain-meltingly awful to play. I literally couldn't cope with it.

If anyone's discovered the answer to the riddle that is 'How to install So Blonde', please let me know.

Developers don't seem keen on making it easy to be a fan of the genre anymore.

The DS was fantastic for new AG's for a while, but after the initial bountiful supply, the numbers seem to have dwindled somewhat.

Luckily, other genres are investing more time and effort into story and characterization, which helps. There are also puzzles that wouldn't seem out of place in a pure adventure - though not as frequently as I'd like.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I would say 75% adventures and 15% other titles (mostly RPGs, with some occasional, very bland, turn-based strategy title)
Er, what about the other 10%

For me, it depends as I go into fases of playing adventures none-stop for a while then won't play them at all for a while.

It doesn't help that there haven't been many adventures I want to play these days.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:26 AM   #48

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
Er, what about the other 10%
Sorry, error: it was 85% - 15%
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 01-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #49

I probably have to say 98%, I prefer adventures but from time to time play some simulation games specially with scifi themes.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #50
Master of time and space

0%. I haven't played an adventure game in at least three years. There's only three titles that interest me today and that's Sam and Max Season 1 & 2 and those Ace Attorney and Professor Whatsis something on the DS. I don't have access to any of those titles as I'm on a Linux system and own a XBOX 360.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknowncure View Post
If anyone's discovered the answer to the riddle that is 'How to install So Blonde', please let me know.
Do you by any chance use AVG for your antivirus program? If so, you need to completely disable and/or uninstall it; otherwise, So Blonde will not install.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #52
Flower bower bird

In the past year or so, I've spent about 60% of my gaming time on adventures and about 40% on casual games and board games.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #53

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

Sadly 0 percent for me. That has something to do with how most adventure games that interested me are of the past and right now I have more or so started to look into independent adventure games.

I am also more of a portable gamer these days. However if a great adventure game comes by I can at times put it as 50% or 100% priority since its rare. Like the Phoenix Wright series whenever I have gotten around them I have used 100 percent on them. I hope at least nowadays I will start increasing the percentage of play .
Old 01-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #54
Certified Peter Pan

I guess I'm 70% adventures and 30% motorcycle and car racing games, either offline or online.

For adventures, I do not play cartoons. None. And I still find quite a few new and old games to play. Keeping expectations low really helps.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 AM   #55

50% for the adventure games, the other 50 is RPG
Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian View Post
Do you by any chance use AVG for your antivirus program? If so, you need to completely disable and/or uninstall it; otherwise, So Blonde will not install.
Cheers for the info.

It's a lot of trouble in order to play a game. I'm not especially au fait with computers - beyond the everyday, simple stuff - and don't know whether I'd be able to get AVG back if I removed it. I don't trust myself, anyway.

I am a dunce.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #57

Hmmm ... I'd say that about 3 out of 4 games I play (and don't necessarily finish) are adventure games. The others are more casual, and I have a weakness for maths games!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 AM   #58
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

I take it in spells... it used to be probably 95%... then the last year or so has been almost entirely devoted to RPGs like Morrowind, Oblivion, Jade Empire, KotOR, and WoW, as well as strategy (Heroes V, Wesnoth) and miscellaneous stuff like Spore.

At the moment, I'm back on AGs almost 99%....but overall, I'd say maybe... erm 60%?