You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Quest's Series

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #121
Stalker of Britain

Wow...thanks Collector. That sounded very...professional. I'm glad we have Dos Box.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #122

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Trust me, Fantasy. When coming to Sierra old classic and technical issues, there's no person better suited to answer than Collector!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #123
Adventurer

I found that it was a good idea to update the DOS Box files that come with the Quest Collections with the files from the newest version of DOS Box if you're running Vista. Had some problems with the speed(things turned s... l... o... w... at some points), but updating the DOS Box files that comes with the games fixed this problem entirely.

Just Finished: Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

Currently Playing: The Secrets of Atlantis
Old 12-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyra View Post
I found that it was a good idea to update the DOS Box files that come with the Quest Collections with the files from the newest version of DOS Box if you're running Vista. Had some problems with the speed(things turned s... l... o... w... at some points), but updating the DOS Box files that comes with the games fixed this problem entirely.
Then again, it is very easy to run my update that not only updates DOSBox, but also applies all relevant patches (including the ones from NewRisingSun), restores the files missing from the collection and in the case of the King's Quest collection, updates KQ7 to version 2 and solves the firecracker bug. You can find out more about it at the Sierra Help Pages and its forum.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #125
Adventurer

Right, I didn't even think about checking that... Haha!

Just Finished: Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

Currently Playing: The Secrets of Atlantis