You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 AM   #41

Well, I'm currently trying to decide whether to buy a PS3 or a Wii for my birthday in a few months. (I've never tried any non-PC games except for my recently bought Nintendo DS). The current votes for each:

PS3:
Brutal Legend

Wii:
Zack & Wiki

(Harvey Birdman will be available for both platforms so it doesn't really matter).

I think Telltale releasing any ORIGINAL (non-remake) content for the wii would definitely tip the scales for me.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Well, I'm currently trying to decide whether to buy a PS3 or a Wii for my birthday in a few months. (I've never tried any non-PC games except for my recently bought Nintendo DS). The current votes for each:

PS3:
Brutal Legend

Wii:
Zack & Wiki

(Harvey Birdman will be available for both platforms so it doesn't really matter).

I think Telltale releasing any ORIGINAL (non-remake) content for the wii would definitely tip the scales for me.
Actually Harvey Birdman won't be available for the PS3 , just for Wii , PS2 and PSP . And if the case in the US is the same as it is in the EU you won't be able to play PS2 games on your PS3 , because here in Europe Sony has discontinued the 60GB and the 80 GB versions.The new 40 GB version does not support PS1 and PS2 games so if this is the case in your living area too you will not be able to play Harvey Birdman or any other game that is for the PS2 you want , if you get a PS3.
But for the Wii it seems that there are going to be many adventures coming.Not only the ones that i mentioned in my previous post but even more(maybe). think that Zack and Wiki 2 is in the works , also i hope there will be Telltale games soon on the Wii.So at least for me the Wii seems the right choice for adventure gamers.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
And if the case in the US is the same as it is in the EU you won't be able to play PS2 games on your PS3
US launch PS3's should be able to play it, since they've got the emotion engine in the hardware, but the rest of what you said is accurate.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
US launch PS3's should be able to play it, since they've got the emotion engine in the hardware, but the rest of what you said is accurate.
Yes the launch PS3's would be able to play PS2 and PS1 games , but the newer versions wil not be able.According to me this is a very cheap way to make people buy PS3 software , but it is not my decision , but Sony's.
In this case Matan have not bought a console yet so if he is going to buy a PS3 he probably will have to buy a version with no backward compability.That is why I am recommendig him the Wii - there are adventure games on the such as Agatha Christie , Tunguska , CSI and so on .It also has backward compability with GameCube and also has Virtual Console.There also are Mario , Zelda , Metroid and man other great games on the wii currently available and on the way.That is why I am recommending him the Wii.Yes the PS3 is more powerfull , but according to me the graphics are not everything , the gameplay is more important.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiHann View Post
Got this game for Christmas. I like it. It's definitely an Adventure Game, but it is different from the norm. Basically, each "level" in the game is like a mini adventure game... actually somewhat like the "boss fights" in many more traditional adventure games. I've only played through about 7 stages so far, but I like it.
You should clarify what you mean by "boss fights" - I have played about 7 levels and there is nothing like a fight to be found in this game. There are boss-type enemies that you have to find clever ways to AVOID, but no fighting. There are some times that you have to move your character out of the way before you are caught and you will "die" quite a lot. But you can often reset to before your death (you have to earn points as you go to accomplish this) or you can start your level over. Instead of being angry at having been killed, my reaction is always "Hmmmm....so if I can't move that thingie there, then I must be able to.....".

It's a very fun, thinking game - not an action game.