You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Could someone sell The Neverhood?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
The Quiet One

Default Could someone sell The Neverhood?

Hi

This is a long shot but... would anyone out there be willing to sell me a copy of said game? There aren't any copies available anywhere, even on ebay, and i'd love to get hold of this game after hearing about it here.

Thanks
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus

11 available at Gametz:
http://gametz.com/aGames/PC/Neverhood%2C+The.html
Old 06-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
The Quiet One

Hmm, i'm not sure about that site though. The fact that it involves trading makes me a bit weary. I don't fancy trading anything in exchange for it. I'd sooner buy it. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to kathrynrose Send a message via Yahoo to kathrynrose

They are selling some copies on Ebay. However, they are going for quite a bit of money.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
The Quiet One

On ebay.com there are yes but unfortunately they won't ship 'em out to the UK. There's only 1 left on ebay.co.uk but doesn't finish for another few days and i doubt i'll win it. Some bugger out bid me by a £1 with the last one.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
On ebay.com there are yes but unfortunately they won't ship 'em out to the UK.
Both US copies I see are shipping worldwide. Considering it's in dollers I imagine it'd be cheaper to bid the US versions.

There are countless copies on Amazon.com. There's a fair condition one for $48.99 which is roughly £25 but Postage and etc you're looking £30-35 which is about as fair as you can get.

You can order from Amazon.com if you have a credit card. If you don't, contact the seller and ask them to put it up on Amazon.com auction and it'll allow you to bid/ buy now and accept UK shipping.

I've don't this in order to get The Dark Eye, Final Fantasy Tactics and Runaway and the traders have always been excellent.

Frankly I think it's about time some site like gametap or Metaboli had it up.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
The Quiet One

Not meaning to sound negative but i'm not keen on sending sellers messages via amazon. A lot of the time they never seem to respond, well not for me at least. I know in the past i sent a message to a seller via amazon and they didn't respond, but having their email address (which i got after ordering an item) i sent them a message through hotmail and they responded.

I'll try asking a seller on ebay if they'd send it out, but as you say the one on amazon seems to be the cheapest.

EDIT: Well, thankfully i found a copy on ebay.com where the seller ships wordwide so i've ordered it. It costs a bit, it was goin' for $74.99 with $9.99 P&P but i'm just happy i've ordered it and it will be mine!

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 06-18-2007 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #8

Would anyone at this point feel bad about just downloading it? I mean, unless you really wanted to own it, of course. When the developer and publisher are both gone, nobody who's worked hard for the game is going to benefit from me buying it second-hand off eBay.

There's something about owning a copy, of course, but a lot of times I just have this strong urge to find out what made this game so good 10 years ago.

Am I evil? (Yes, I aaaam.)
Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
Freeware Co-ordinator

But someone must still own the rights. That means they could opt to redistribute it (especially if they see how much copies are going for and thus how much it could be worth doing it) That's why, despite all the arguments put forward for abandonware this site has decided to prohibit links to abandonware sites. As long as someone retains the rights (and a potential to exert them in a court of law) we don't want to take any chances. See this thread for extensive discussion on the subject.

If you can find the rights-holder and get them to make Neverhood freeware then I'd be happy as well. I've always wanted to play this one.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Hmm, i'm not sure about that site though. The fact that it involves trading makes me a bit weary. I don't fancy trading anything in exchange for it. I'd sooner buy it. Thanks for the suggestion though.
The irony of GameTZ is that most of it's members are more interested in selling than they are in trading. You should be able to buy one there without problems.

Hi Kathryn, any chance of a discount for a recurring customer?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to kathrynrose Send a message via Yahoo to kathrynrose

All depends on what