You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Episodic gaming for consoles..?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak
Default Episodic gaming for consoles..?

With all the consoles going online now, Wii, X-360 and PS3 wouldn't it be a good idea to release episodic adventure games? If this would succed, adventure gaming could have a good future for consoles. Also, maybe big developers/publishers (esp. Lucasarts) could get their eyes open and release old adventure games for download, like virtual console for Wii. Imagine playing Grim Fandango or the first 2 (3) Monkey Island games on a big LCD monitor (yeah I know it is possible already if you are a hacker and manage to play ScummVM for consoles).
Why not start with the Sam and Max episodes, or maybe Bone? What do you think, is it a good idea?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
QFG

With the Wii's online capabilities (unsure about PS3, 360), this would be completely feasible. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like the idea of releasing those classics on the Wii's Virtual Console.

Who can we push to get this idea to the right people? Anyone have any connections?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #3

I thought I'd read something about Telltale going Wii, and a speculative Google turned up some stuff. This interview is pretty interesting.

Quote:
I had this great idea where you strap the controllers to your legs and walk around. Which we’re not doing, unfortunately.